Allan Marques Loureiro

BenRobbins

Isn't it better to wait till the summer when he may be cheaper? He can't play in the CL as he will be cup tied and they don't exactly need him for the league.

He is a great player though, very kante-lite.

Givenchy

Hope it is bullshit.

I want Allan as a player but 100 M is ludicrous.

When you buy Neymar 222 or Mbappé 135 (+45 when he renews or is sold), it makes sense. Great marketing power with those two and you can recoup equal or more money if sold.

Allan, if you say 60 M because it is winter market and you are desperate, why not ? 100, even for PSG is a stupid number.

Money aside it would be a great improvement in the midfield if we can get him and Paredes and they can glue.

i could be totally wrong (and don't take this as a wind up) but.. why are PSG willing to waste 100mil on Allan when they could of upped their offer for De Jong and get a potentially much better player? i guess Allan makes sense for January as Napoli aren't in the CL any longer but this transfer sums up how stupid football is right now. i remember after the Neymar transfer alot of people predicted the balloon to pop but here we are almost 1 year later and its more crazy than its ever been. i hear Koulibaly could go for 100mil aswell

Newcomer

i could be totally wrong (and don't take this as a wind up) but.. why are PSG willing to waste 100mil on Allan when they could of upped their offer for De Jong and get a potentially much better player? i guess Allan makes sense for January as Napoli aren't in the CL any longer but this transfer sums up how stupid football is right now. i remember after the Neymar transfer alot of people predicted the balloon to pop but here we are almost 1 year later and its more crazy than its ever been. i hear Koulibaly could go for 100mil aswell

My take on this rumour is the same as i stated from the start : it is bullshit from italian newspapers.
The price is not realistic. As you said, if PSG had so much money to burn, they would have matched or increased what you offered for de Jong. They did not. The reaction in Paris is they are very disappointed. The direction, the players all were informed he was about to come when it all fell through. Tuchel was particularly affected. Still, they chose to not go in auction. Either they didn't think it was worth it or they just couldn't.
I think it is a mix of it. They already did the best offer they could without jeopardizing other cases for winter and summer and they had to admit defeat to Barça on de Jong case.

Pretty sure that once Paredes arrive in Paris, Italians will stop with their 100 M frenzy about Allan and find another bullshit story to print.

Jair Ventura

My take on this rumour is the same as i stated from the start : it is bullshit from italian newspapers.
The price is not realistic. As you said, if PSG had so much money to burn, they would have matched or increased what you offered for de Jong. They did not. The reaction in Paris is they are very disappointed. The direction, the players all were informed he was about to come when it all fell through. Tuchel was particularly affected. Still, they chose to not go in auction. Either they didn't think it was worth it or they just couldn't.
I think it is a mix of it. They already did the best offer they could without jeopardizing other cases for winter and summer and they had to admit defeat to Barça on de Jong case.

Pretty sure that once Paredes arrive in Paris, Italians will stop with their 100 M frenzy about Allan and find another bullshit story to print.

It’s not just Italian papers. Tier 1 sources for Napoli have reported and even Paris United is carrying the story. The guy that runs CulturePSG participates on its forum and has decent sources. He’s confirmed as well.

Henrique fucked up the De Jong transfer, yes, but I don’t think he’s valued by Tuchel the same way Allan is.

Edit: There’s a lot of rumors about the deal being financed through a Qatari Airways shirt sponsorship.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

A good player but the €100 million price tag is a complete and utter joke.:lol: Even in this market. Such a failure of a transfer will fit nicely in QSG. A big loss for Napoli if that happens but knowing De Laurentiis he will soon find another reliable replacement for much, much less money.

Last edited:

Newcomer

It’s not just Italian papers. Tier 1 sources for Napoli have reported and even Paris United is carrying the story. The guy that runs CulturePSG participates on its forum and has decent sources. He’s confirmed as well.

Henrique fucked up the De Jong transfer, yes, but I don’t think he’s valued by Tuchel the same way Allan is.

Edit: There’s a lot of rumors about the deal being financed through a Qatari Airways shirt sponsorship.

They talked about the fact we are interested in him, which is normal Allan being a good player. They, however, are very doubtful about the price and the likelihood of the deal. No reputable sources bar the italian ones are reporting that sponsorship nonsense.
It is the same kind of rumors with Neymar being paid as a WC 2022 ambassador and being then free for PSG. It never happened.
For Qatar Airways, it would be a bad deal to sponsor two teams from the same league (they already sponsor Roma).
PSG not willing to pay 90 M for Ajax but so swift to pay 100 M for Allan ? Nah, don't believe it one bit.
PSG spends that much only on stars or hype up youngsters like Mbappé, de Jong (and even for him they didn't).

Jair Ventura

They talked about the fact we are interested in him, which is normal Allan being a good player. They, however, are very doubtful about the price and the likelihood of the deal. No reputable sources bar the italian ones are reporting that sponsorship nonsense.
It is the same kind of rumors with Neymar being paid as a WC 2022 ambassador and being then free for PSG. It never happened.
For Qatar Airways, it would be a bad deal to sponsor two teams from the same league (they already sponsor Roma).
PSG not willing to pay 90 M for Ajax but so swift to pay 100 M for Allan ? Nah, don't believe it one bit.
PSG spends that much only on stars or hype up youngsters like Mbappé, de Jong (and even for him they didn't).

- I don’t understand the logic of their being two many QA’s sponsorships for one league when QA is featured on so few shirts. I’d think that getting the brand on as many shirts as possible would be the idea.

- I’m with you on Italian tabloids, but why would sources close to Napoli risk their reputations and relationships on a bs story?

- Maybe because FDJ can’t help PSG win right now, but Allan can? FDJ fee is largely based on potential, whereas Allan is already a top class footballer. Verratti + Allan + Paredes allows PSG to compete with the worlds best clubs right now, today. Also, Tuchel apparently loves him. That’s why I think they’re willing to spend what’s been rumored.

Newcomer

- I don’t understand the logic of their being two many QA’s sponsorships for one league when QA is featured on so few shirts. I’d think that getting the brand on as many shirts as possible would be the idea.

- I’m with you on Italian tabloids, but why would sources close to Napoli risk their reputations and relationships on a bs story?

- Maybe because FDJ can’t help PSG win right now, but Allan can? FDJ fee is largely based on potential, whereas Allan is already a top class footballer. Verratti + Allan + Paredes allows PSG to compete with the worlds best clubs right now, today. Also, Tuchel apparently loves him. That’s why I think they’re willing to spend what’s been rumored.

Emirates, their rival, is sponsoring one big team in each league. That seems more sound economically wise than to sponsor teams from the same league (same market).

I don't know why sources close to Napoli would do that. First, i heard it was agent work to get a new deal. The Alvino guy is supposed to be close to the owner and is telling persistently the same 100 M€+sponsorship deal. This is the weird part.

Newcomer

There is even a rumour BVB could finally get some guy like Zakaria who would free Weigl up for his reunion with Tuchel at PSG.

Leo_Messi

he's a good player....but....100m? :lol::lol::lol: napoli absolutely fleecing the slavery club :lol:

Great stuff. Every selling club should take the Qatari slaves to the cleaners and the joke of a club that QSG is.

However what is worrying is that the pathetic and corrupt UEFA led by the clown Infantino (fitting surname) are not sanctioning them. I think that it is about high time for the European elite and old top clubs to do their bit. It's a joke if such behavior continues unpunished. Preferably list the Qatari Bedouins as terrorists (as they are) and turn them into a persona non grata in Europe while stripping them off all their assets in Europe. Then watch QSG turn into irrelevancy within seconds.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans