All time XI

Temptation

Some people here are so thick that they don't get the concept of separating tribalism from genuine opinions. :lol:

"Oh look, he's a Liverpool fan so he MUST rate XYZ Ex Player higher than this Non-Liverpool Player"

Well you might be thick as pigshit and form opinions that way. I don't.

I love Mane way more than Neymar but I know Neymar is better than Mane despite zero Liverpool connections. I'd pick Neymar in a draft over Mane. Not exactly Rocket Science, is it?

I rate VVD so highly coz he really was that good. Not just coz he plays for my club.

So it would be better if these types of posters stuck to their usual fanboying rather than trying to police people with superior ball knowledge. Numpties. :lol:

Rory

All you can do is trust the general consensus of football legends that saw Pele back in the day and also look at what he's won to know he's deserving of being one of the greatest. If he wasn't then why would the generation that saw him consider him above the rest? Can't all be for nothing. The Ballon d'or wasn't awarded outside of europe back in those days. If it was he would have won about 5-7.

Aside from that, there's nothing wrong picking R9 over Pele. When you get to the top 10 players of all time there's not such a big difference between them, it's not like choosing Maguire over Maldini. The margins are much smaller.

Rory

Some people here are so thick that they don't get the concept of separating tribalism from genuine opinions. :lol:

"Oh look, he's a Liverpool fan so he MUST rate XYZ Ex Player higher than this Non-Liverpool Player"

I love Mane way more than Neymar but I know Neymar is better than Mane despite zero Liverpool connections. I'd pick Neymar in a draft over Mane. Not exactly Rocket Science, is it?

I rate VVD so highly coz he really was that good. Not just coz he plays for my club.

So it would be better if these types of posters stuck to their usual fanboying rather than trying to police people with superior ball knowledge. Numpties. :lol:
what's your xi?

Morten

Why exactly? He won fuckall with us and celebrated against us.

Also, unlike you people I'm not tribal and rate players on merit instead of tribalism. Lewandowski is simply better. Doesn't matter if he played for my club or not.

No, its not that simple, arguments can be made for both.

Anyway, i'm convinced you didn't actually watch Liverpool much in 13/14, he carried your attack.

Horatio

You're welcome
Why exactly? He won fuckall with us and celebrated against us.

Also, unlike you people I'm not tribal and rate players on merit instead of tribalism. Lewandowski is simply better. Doesn't matter if he played for my club or not.
I am not a particular Suarez stan. Should've maybe left our club earlier. Got freaking lazy. But that season at Liverpool where he peaked, Lewandowski has never come close.

Morten

No, thats not my entire point, and you know it.

This is not Mane vs Neymar-type of scenario, Suarez vs Lewa is a close debate, you act as if Lewa is the best thing ever, while Suarez is some 2nd tier striker, laughable.

Temptation

No, its not that simple, arguments can be made for both.

Anyway, i'm convinced you didn't actually watch Liverpool much in 13/14, he carried your attack.
Well yeah. No shit he carried that attack(with great support from Peak Sturridge, emerging Sterling and ageing StevieG).

Imagine trying to tell me about my team. :lol:

Lemme educate you: Suarez barely turned up against the big 6 and scored most of his goals against shit teams. He used to annihilate Norwich every time and score hattricks against them but his performances against big teams were poor and nowhere near expected. Sturridge used to outperform him in those games.

Was nowhere to be seen when needed the most. Joe Allen was playing better in those games.

Temptation

I am not a particular Suarez stan. Should've maybe left our club earlier. Got freaking lazy. But that season at Liverpool where he peaked, Lewandowski has never come close.
Lewandowski won the sextuple topscoring in every fucking competition as the main man. Had 15 goals and 6 assists in 9 games iirc.

At one point he had 121 goals and 30 assists in his last 99 games in that peak period lmao. Those are peak Messi Ronaldo numbers.

Suarez never hit those levels in his life. Only against Norwich(which is topped by RL9's 5 in 9 against CL quarterfinalists Wolfsburg that season anyways). :lol:

Temptation

No, thats not my entire point, and you know it.

This is not Mane vs Neymar-type of scenario, Suarez vs Lewa is a close debate, you act as if Lewa is the best thing ever, while Suarez is some 2nd tier striker, laughable.
Never said Suarez is second tier. Rate him higher than Benzema, Kane and Ibra easily.

Horatio

You're welcome
Lewandowski won the sextuple topscoring in every fucking competition as the main man. Had 15 goals and 6 assists in 9 games iirc.

At one point he had 121 goals and 30 assists in his last 99 games in that peak period lmao. Those are peak Messi Ronaldo numbers.

Suarez never hit those levels in his life. Only against Norwich(which is topped by RL9's 5 in 9 against CL quarterfinalists Wolfsburg that season anyways). :lol:

Premier league vs one man league. More so in that era. Also not saying Lewandowski is a bum. Goalscoring machine in well oiled bayern side. But level of footballing talent Suarez showcased is higher imo.

Morten

Well yeah. No shit he carried that attack(with great support from Peak Sturridge, emerging Sterling and ageing StevieG).

Imagine trying to tell me about my team. :lol:

Lemme educate you: Suarez barely turned up against the big 6 and scored most of his goals against shit teams. He used to annihilate Norwich every time and score hattricks against them but his performances against big teams were poor and nowhere near expected. Sturridge used to outperform him in those games.

Was nowhere to be seen when needed the most. Joe Allen was playing better in those games.

I know very well his record against the big teams that season, so there is no "educating" needed, but your squad wasn't the best, also part of the reason for that.

Regardless, the attacking plays he created, many of the goals he either scored himself or helped set up, where of really high quality.

Every game in the league counts, he won you points in plenty of games, you wouldn't even have gotten close to the title without him.

Temptation

Premier league vs one man league. More so in that era. Also not saying Lewandowski is a bum. Goalscoring machine in well oiled bayern side. But level of footballing talent Suarez showcased is higher imo.

Lewandowski has a higher goalscoring ratio in the CL than the big 2 meanwhile Suarez has like 25 in 80 odd games.....

Wonder what the excuse for that is.....He was playing those games being fed by all time greats from your club.......way better than any of RL9's Bayern teammates.

About talent......Suarez has a very untidy and unorthodox style of playing which gives you a visual illusion of unpredictability. On the other hand, Lewandowski has an elegant style of play. Prime Lewandowski has ZERO weaknesses unlike Suarez who was weak in the air and weak with his back to goal and inconsistent. Lewandowski has consistent technical and physical abilities and is one of the most well rounded CFs ever.

Temptation

I know very well his record against the big teams that season, so there is no "educating" needed, but your squad wasn't the best, also part of the reason for that.

Regardless, the attacking plays he created, many of the goals he either scored himself or helped set up, where of really high quality.

Every game in the league counts, he won you points in plenty of games, you wouldn't even have gotten close to the title without him.
Oh, he was fantastic. His linkup with Sturridge and his bond with StevieG was fantastic. Brendan Rodgers did very well that season enabling us to maximize on our strengths.

His unique ricochet and nutmeg style was pure rejuvenation for us.

Best League season any Liverpool striker had in my time as a fan. Above Prime Fernando T. too.

Horatio

You're welcome
Lewandowski has a higher goalscoring ratio in the CL than the big 2 meanwhile Suarez has like 25 in 80 odd games.....

Wonder what the excuse for that is.....He was playing those games being fed by all time greats from your club.......way better than any of RL9's Bayern teammates.

About talent......Suarez has a very untidy and unorthodox style of playing which gives you a visual illusion of unpredictability. On the other hand, Lewandowski has an elegant style of play. Prime Lewandowski has ZERO weaknesses unlike Suarez who was weak in the air and weak with his back to goal and inconsistent. Lewandowski has consistent technical and physical abilities and is one of the most well rounded CFs ever.
Suarez 2015 CL campaign was better than all of Lewa's added together.

Few years after that the lazy bum fell off a cliff. Got fat. I hold that against him.

Temptation

Suarez 2015 CL campaign was better than all of Lewa's added together.
Cap. Not even close to RL9's mercurial 19/20 season where he'd have broken CR7's record if the tournament wasn't shortened.

Suarez was third fiddle to Messi and an inspired Prime Neymar that season who did all the heavy lifting. Great dive for the pen in the remontada though. I'll give you that. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans