Alexis Sanchez

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Could anyone explain why Reus, Bale, Suarez would peform better than Alexis? Doesn't make sense..

I'd take Alexis over Bale for sure. Reus? Don't know - really like him and imo he would do as good as Alexis. Suarez? For RW? No! I'd like Suarez, he's obviously beasting it up - but we would have to change our system to accommodate him.

Neymessi

Sanchez- “Xavi passed to Neymar. I saw I could make the run and I moved across the box diagonally. Varane was with me and if I’d have continued, I would have had to shoot across him, so I saw that the keeper was off his line and just chipped him. It turned out to be a lovely goal – for me and for the fans, especially in a game like that against Madrid!”

Djab

Sanchez- “Xavi passed to Neymar. I saw I could make the run and I moved across the box diagonally. Varane was with me and if I’d have continued, I would have had to shoot across him, so I saw that the keeper was off his line and just chipped him. It turned out to be a lovely goal – for me and for the fans, especially in a game like that against Madrid!”

Lovely goal, indeed.

Trickykid

He's really getting a raw deal, Alexis. Tata clearly has his big game tactic down, and the jugadorazo isn't a part of it, that much is clear. Even if we consider Neymar could be injured, he'd still have to fight Pedro for that right wing spot, meaning he could be down to 3rd pick. Considering his season so far, I believe he deserves better.
There's no doubt that he'll get plenty of minutes during the run-in of the season, but in the ChL he will most likely exclusively be coming off the bench.

So far Alexis seems very content with life in Barcelona, but as his stock is obviously rising this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Juve or another top side goes all in for him this summer. Will he stay put as a useful squad player here, or try his luck at being the focal point somewhere else? I honestly won't blame him, if he choses the latter...

DinhoR10

Alexis just doesnt seem dynamic enough for me, not a bad player but he doesn't offer the aerial threat and pure strikers instinct of someone like Muller or Cavani, he doesnt offer the speedy dribbling/insane crossing and pinpoint shots of pedro and he doesnt offer the creativity of neymar or iniesta. His two main things are positioning and tracking back, he is positive for the team but I believe a muller or cavani type player can better serve the team. UNLESS he starts shooting from long range more often then I see no reason to replace him as he'll bring something we need although iniesta has brought it upon himself to start doing that.

Trickykid

Cavani is a no-brainer but for obvious reasons not an option for us. Muller as a right wing for us? I really don't think he would be much of an upgrade over Alexis. Besides, he's probably just about as obtainable as Cavani would be...

André

I don't think Tata will play again Ney on the right wing. He is so shit there, Alexis is much better and he defends. We saw yesterday what happened because Alves was so alone there. No help from Ney.

B

beautifulgame

you guys keep talking about reus, suarez, etc..

meanwhile alexis is killing it.

Home of Barca Fans