Alexis Sanchez

Galning

Excuses are always there :lol:

why don't his fans accept the truth that he is a good player but not good enough to play for us

just look at him when he is 1 on 1 ... pathetic

Not even denying that. It has nothing to do with the point he made.

serghei

Should have been rested for Madrid match. He plays much better when there's more space to utilize his speed.

I don't think there is one attacking player that likes to play vs that Milan. It was ugly football on San Siro and we didn't lose. Probably deserved a 2-1, but I'm fine with the outcome as it will solidify our number one spot in the group. First in La Liga, first in Champions, so far so good IMO.

And we need to see beyond beautiful football. If this was a tie, a 1-1 draw away from home would be a positive result. So, it's not really the attacking side that is to blame here. It's hard to score even one goal when a team parks the bus, let alone several goals. The main problem is that, somehow, our opponents seem to score from scratch. That's why we have to send a message the same way Spain did when the team won the World Cup. You didn't attack Spain, you didn't score (1-0 Parag., 1-0 Port., 1-0 Germ., 1-0 Ned.). That should be the case with Barca too. If you want to play the cinic game all defence, little attack, you should not score. But with Barca, you do score. It's our naivity of conceiding stupid goals that bothers me deeply, more than our misses in front of goal. If the other team is happy with a draw at home, so should we.

I don't mind a couple of good old 1-0 wins, because that means our opponents didn't score. Hell, if not for Bendtner, Arsenal could have scored us two goals at Camp Nou with ONE shot on target. It's crazy the way we concede goals. It's Christmas all the time with our defence, we give presents to everybody. You didn't have a chance in 50 mintes?, here's an own goal to make you feel better (Arsenal, 3-1)! Against Barca, you can defend 95% of the time and, somehow, manage to score one goal or even two or three (see Celtic last year and Chelsea the year before). Barca needs security in defense, so that the other teams will feel they have to risk something to score. And when they expand to score, we hit them on the break. So, bottom line, play the 0-0 game and be happy with a 0-0, 1-1, 0-1 away from home in a tie. If a team starts a game with the tought that a 0-0 vs Barcelona is the objective, the targeted result, they shouldn't be rewarded with more than that.

Last edited:

serghei

Excuses are always there :lol:

why don't his fans accept the truth that he is a good player but not good enough to play for us

just look at him when he is 1 on 1 ... pathetic

Every now and then, there is one of these haters, who come out - after they've been hiding while Alexis was delivering the stuff - and point him out as the scape goat for a loss or a draw. They do this when, in fact, the whole team had a rather unfortunate game.

playing against teams parking the bus is always difficult, even Neymar and Messi didn't do well! Why only criticize Alexis?

Don't you know already? The road from "jugadorazo" to "pathetic" is the shortest when it's about Alexis. We drawed at Milano and at Pamplona because of Alexis. Oh, wait, he didn't play in the last one.

Last edited:

Theconomist

I don't think there is one attacking player that likes to play vs that Milan. It was ugly football on San Siro and we didn't lose. Probably deserved a 2-1, but I'm fine with the outcome as it will solidify our number one spot in the group. First in La Liga, first in Champions, so far so good IMO.

And we need to see beyond beautiful football. If this was a tie, a 1-1 draw away from home would be a positive result. So, it's not really the attacking side that is to blame here. It's hard to score even one goal when a team parks the bus, let alone several goals. The main problem is that, somehow, our opponents seem to score from scratch. That's why we have to send a message the same way Spain did when the team won the World Cup. You didn't attack Spain, you didn't score (1-0 Parag., 1-0 Port., 1-0 Germ., 1-0 Ned.). That should be the case with Barca too. If you want to play the cinic game all defence, little attack, you should not score. But with Barca, you do score. It's our naivity of conceiding stupid goals that bothers me deeply, more than our misses in front of goal. If the other team is happy with a draw at home, so should we.

I don't mind a couple of good old 1-0 wins, because that means our opponents didn't score. Hell, if not for Bendtner, Arsenal could have scored us two goals at Camp Nou with ONE shot on target. It's crazy the way we concede goals. It's Christmas all the time with our defence, we give presents to everybody. You didn't have a chance in 50 mintes?, here's an own goal to make you feel better (Arsenal, 3-1)! Against Barca, you can defend 95% of the time and, somehow, manage to score one goal or even two or three (see Celtic last year and Chelsea the year before). Barca needs security in defense, so that the other teams will feel they have to risk something to score. And when they expand to score, we hit them on the break. So, bottom line, play the 0-0 game and be happy with a 0-0, 1-1, 0-1 away from home in a tie. If a team starts a game with the tought that a 0-0 vs Barcelona is the objective, the targeted result, they shouldn't be rewarded with more than that.

Holy shit, this is one of the best posts in the history of barcaforum.

Indignado

Like Adriano and Iniesta? Or Robinho? Or Cesc against Osasuna?

I agree, it wasn't the best result of that play, but it just goes to show that finishing chances is not as easy as some people make it out to be...

The point I tried to make was: he had a 1 on 1 and instead of shooting, he tries to do god-knows-what. It's not about his ability or talent, I've always said he has lots of it, but he still has confidence issues. This led many on here to believe that he's "not a finisher" despite the fact that he's actually a very good finisher when not under pressure. It's something completely different from Iniesta who has always been a poor finisher in the first place.

kostasgtc

+1

T

tariqo

Every now and then, there is one of these haters, who come out - after they've been hiding while Alexis was delivering the stuff -

i'm 1 of the biggest haters but would you please remind us against who did he deliver

Ustari

Mou, res!
against Real Madrid 2011? when we won 3-1 at Santiago Bernabeu? against Leverkusen at their home ground in 2011? i can dig deeper but i choose not to as it seems you are suffering from short memory syndrome

serghei

i'm 1 of the biggest haters but would you please remind us against who did he deliver

Well, it's just the start of the season. The Milan game was never a decisive one. Since the italians screwed up against Ajax, their chances for the no.1 spot in the group have drastically reduced. So, it wasn't really a big match, that's probably why we didn't do too much to try to win it. The goal is first place in the group and that 1-1 is a step closer to that goal.

And you'd better prepare, 'cause neither one of Alexis, Messi (not even him) or Neymar can dribble an entire team at once. Against that kind of cinical, park-the-bus defensive game, you win as a team or lose/draw as a team. It's that simple. The fact that after a game like that people still look to find players to blame is, again, upsetting.

And, about that miss, it's easy to highlight the miss, but forget Alexis's perfect timed run that made the play happen in the first place. Sanchez has made himself available a lot lately and that is the first thing you have to do in order to receive the ball in favorable positions. His workrate is great and that is why he's always present in the team's offensive play. Yea, sure, it's a pitty he missed that one, but I can understand and forgive ONE miss. It's not like he had dozens of chances to score and he didn't put one in the back of the net.

People always find excuses for our players and seem to be reasonable, except for Alexis. The form he's in now, I reckon we're better with him on the pitch, than without him. But Alexis, or no Alexis, if we pass the ball with such low intensity and slow pace, we're gonna have difficulties in scoring against teams like Milan. I've watched Dortmund vs Arsenal for 35 min. and Klopp's team moves the ball around faster than we do. We don't press our opponents the way we used to. We have the ball like 75% of the time and we waste 50% of it by passing it in the neutral zone. If we want to do something in the Champions League this year, we have to regain that speed and sense of urgency in the offense. It's time for Tata to go to work, because you don't play football for possesion, you play football to score goals and win matches.

Last edited:

serghei

Messi has always been consistent. This was Neymars first poor performance. The same can't be said for Sanchez.

Yea, right, Messi always delivers. Like he did vs Chelsea (2009, 2012) and Inter (2010). That's six key matches in which Messi didn't deliver. Contrary of what people think, Messi is just one player, who can have a bad day anytime. Plus, if Messi is always consistent, then World Cup 2010 didn't happen.

In fact, L. Messi strugles like every other player against teams that defend with 10 men and has bad days like every football player on this planet. Sure, he may have moments of magic, but, as a whole, Messi has been pretty average too against parked buses. His only awesome match agains a team that defended with almost 10 men, was the 2-0 win at Bernabeu, against a red carded Real. I value Messi, but let's keep it real, he's clearly not as effective in those kind of games as he normaly is.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Yea, right, Messi always delivers. Like he did vs Chelsea (2009, 2012) and Inter (2010). That's six key matches in which Messi didn't deliver. Contrary of what people think, Messi is just one player, who can have a bad day anytime. Plus, if Messi is always consistent, then World Cup 2010 didn't happen.

In fact, L. Messi strugles like every other player against teams that defend with 10 men and has bad days like every football player on this planet. Sure, he may have moments of magic, but, as a whole, Messi has been pretty average too against parked buses. His only awesome match agains a team that defended with almost 10 men, was the 2-0 win at Bernabeu, against a red carded Real. I value Messi, but let's keep it real, he's clearly not as effective in those kind of games as he normaly is.

I'm not 'hating' on Sanchez. I'm just making the point that criticising Sanchez is not the same as criticising Neymar and Messi. Messi has always been consistent. I dont mean he plays well every game but he doesn't go on long runs of poor performances. for every 1 bad game he has he has 10 good ones. Neymar has been superb so far with the exception of 1-2 games.

The same can't be said about Sanchez. He is very inconsistent so the criticism is understandable.

Also in those games you mentioned no one played no one play particularly bad. Its just football.

kostasgtc

+1.you are right serghei but people have declared messi a god who cant fail so...

Home of Barca Fans