Alexis Sanchez

serghei

I personally am a huge Sanchez fan but he is not better than Reus, are you kidding me. He's currently performing better than Hazard and Aguero, for sure.

Reus is fast, a skillful dribbler, great at one-touch play, a very quick thinker, great movement but most importantly in this context, a much better finisher than Sanchez. And he works hard too, in case you were gonna pull that argument for Alexis.

Since that list in which Alexis is in front of Cavani at goals + assists in 2013, I don't have to pull any arguments anymore. That list works just fine. Reus is a great player, but I like Alexis better. I'll tell you what, at the end of the season we'll check their stats and see which one did better. But as of right now, stats favour Alexis.

^ When Iniesta played on the left wing he constantly dribbled his opponents.. The way Neymar does.

Comparing Messi's dribbling to anyone isn't fair. His style is unique and he is the best at it.

Actually, Iniesta rarely wow'ed me when he played as a winger. He is (or was) amazing in tight space, probably better than Neymar, but Neymar is faster and more direct. A better winger.

And I believe the highlighted part is wrong. Neymar's dribbling is sharper.

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Since that list in which Alexis is in front of Cavani at goals + assists in 2013, I don't have to pull any arguments anymore. That list works just fine. Reus is a great player, but I like Alexis better. I'll tell you what, at the end of the season we'll check their stats and see which one did better. But as of right now, stats favour Alexis.

Actually, Iniesta rarely wow'ed me when he played as a winger. He is (or was) amazing in tight space, probably better than Neymar, but Neymar is faster and more direct. A better winger.

And I believe the highlighted part is wrong. Neymar's dribbling is sharper.

Of course, Neymar is a born winger and dribbler. But the thing is Iniesta doesn't dribble everytime he touches the ball but instead chooses his moments wisely and when he does it he amazes you with something you'd never expect.

Iniesta is a magician.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BW2atTpCcAAf70n.jpg:large

kostasgtc

when people try to judge and compare players tend to forget to include defencive abilities in their judgment.
an aspect that is NECESSARY for wingers in barca (maybe thats is why tello or delofeau are not starters allready in the first team).
just saying ...

oz187

The idea of selling Alexis is crazy. He's playing well and improving and all the evidence suggests that he will continue to improve. He provides a combination of some goals, assists, dribbling, off the ball runs creating space and defensive work that is what you would want from a winger. He doesn't need to be a natural goalscorer because we don't play with 1 or 2 strikers, we play with 3 forwards sharing the goals, one of which is the best goalscorer in history.

If you get someone like Aguero in, he might score more goals than Alexis, but it would also mean that Messi and Neymar would score less goals so not necessarily be an improvement. Of course Aguero would also face a lot of the problems Pedro has playing on the right and it is possible he would flop. That is ignoring the financial equation of Aguero costing 50M and having wages of 15-20M a year compared to Alexis being on around 3M a year. As well as the equation of Man City not needing to sell. But those things only matter in real world I guess and probably not worth mentioning them on Barcaforum.

Reus might be a good alternative, but even in that case the club could simply sell either Pedro or Tello and include Reus in the rotation. You would of course have to convince Dortmund to sell and convince Reus to leave, neither of which is guaranteed. He would also cost a lot more money than Alexis although less than Aguero.

footyfan

Calma, calma

Reus is at 27 goals+assists while Alexis is at 30, but we don't yet know how many minutes Reus played. So I wouldn't say the stats favour Alexis just yet.

Another thing to think about is that at least for the first half of this year, Alexis played the relatively easier games and was benched for the difficult ones. Reus on the other hand had the tendency to be rested for the easier games to save him for the more difficult ones (as Dortmund had already lost the Bundesliga very early).

serghei

Reus is at 27 goals+assists while Alexis is at 30, but we don't yet know how many minutes Reus played. So I wouldn't say the stats favour Alexis just yet.

37 now (2 goals + 1 assist Vall., 2 goals Col., 1 goal + 1 assist Ecu.).

Another thing to think about is that at least for the first half of this year, Alexis played the relatively easier games and was benched for the difficult ones. Reus on the other hand had the tendency to be rested for the easier games to save him for the more difficult ones (as Dortmund had already lost the Bundesliga very early).

Possibly true, but then, Alexis's situation is peculiar too. He played pretty much awful until april 2013. So, it is logical to assume that, If he'd have played in january - april as good as he is playing now (or as good as he was playing at the end of last season), his numbers would be way higher, I reckon he'd be in top 5. That's another thing to think about. Overall, you can pick either one between A. Sanchez and Reus, it's a matter of preference rather than value or numbers. So, it's OK with me if you like Reus better, both are great talents. What bothers me is the fact that some people LOL at the comparation between these two great players. It just proves my point that Reus is A LITTLE BIT overrated here and that they still believe Sanchez is not the real deal - a biased affirmation this chilean "jugadorazo" is starting to dismantle game by game.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
37 now (2 goals + 1 assist Vall., 2 goals Col., 1 goal + 1 assist Ecu.).

Possibly true, but then, Alexis's situation is peculiar too. He played pretty much awful until april 2013. So, it is logical to assume that, If he'd have played in january - april as good as he is playing now (or as good as he was playing at the end of last season), his numbers would be way higher, I reckon he'd be in top 5. That's another thing to think about. Overall, you can pick either one between A. Sanchez and Reus, it's a matter of preference rather than value or numbers. So, it's OK with me if you like Reus better, both are great talents. What bothers me is the fact that some people LOL at the comparation between these two great players. It just proves my point that Reus is A LITTLE BIT overrated here and that they still believe Sanchez is not the real deal - a biased affirmation this chilean "jugadorazo" is starting to dismantle game by game.

This is the reason they LOL at the comparison, not that I agree with them, I just think it's too early to draw conclusions:

Sanchez has improved a lot but let's wait and see how he does in the classicos and tough CL matches before we crown him above Reus.

Sanchez can be as good as Reus, even better, but he hasn't yet shown it on the big stages this year.

Also, Reus is both underrated and overrated by people who don't even watch Dortmund. It goes both ways. The most people have seen of Dortmund is in the CL vs Bayern and Madrid, where he was excellent but could not showcase his creative abilities due to the tactics of the day.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans