Alexandre Lacazette

yea to newcastle or west ham... :adriano:
Unless chelsea, arsenal or the two united guarantee him starting position, it's more ambitious to stay in France.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yeah automatically assume I mean england :lucho2:

He'd easily walk into the top 6 teams in england never mind your newcastles and west hams. There is also the bundesliga too. He'd bring a whole new dimension to the Dortmund attack. Or go to Serie A where the likes of Juve, Roma etc would make him the focal point of the attack.

Staying at his comfort zone in France will not be beneficial to his development. He doesn't need PSG for CL as he can get that with Lyon. Very bad decision.

barcaboy15

Lack of ambition to stay in France imo. He should go to a much more competitive league.

He'd easily walk into the top 6 teams in england never mind your newcastles and west hams. There is also the bundesliga too. He'd bring a whole new dimension to the Dortmund attack. Or go to Serie A where the likes of Juve, Roma etc would make him the focal point of the attack.

Staying at his comfort zone in France will not be beneficial to his development. He doesn't need PSG for CL as he can get that with Lyon. Very bad decision.

You're joking right?

You suggest he should leave France for a "more competitive league" and then suggest the Bundesliga or Serie A?

Jair Ventura

I can only comment on the credibility of the source; they're generally pretty solid. The story they published is too detailed and much too sensible to simply be rumor or innuendo, if it's false they fabricated it outright and it will negatively impact their credibility as a source.

Last edited:

Only the liga and epl are arguably "much more competitive" than Ligue 1. And very few clubs are a step up from Lyon. In these two leagues, that's Barça RM Atletico, and Chelsea. Many others are at about the same level (man utd, sevilla, liverpool, valencia etc) but not a step up at all (and no cl football for some) unless you underrate Lyon.

Never mind that Deschamps has been a pain in the ass for all french players, warning them not to make risky moves and try to play as many games as they can with the Euro looming
I can't see a single reason why staying there one more year is a very bad decision. Nor do I see why Roma would be a better destination than PSG, everyone rates PSG above Roma atm, I think.

Professor Chaos

Lacazette is 24 and Suárez is still only 28. I can't see Lacazette just hanging out at Lyon until Suárez starts to decline. If not PSG, then I'm sure he'll move on somewhere else.
Yeah, I know. But PSG is one of those kind of teams that don't sell key players. Lacazette in the next few years will be as good as Suarez was at Liverpool. He should move to Arsenal or Liverpool. Then we will be able to sign him.

EdmondDantes

He's apparently available for £21 million. There's the striker Liverpool have been looking for since Suarez left. I think Arsenal might have a look at him as well.

------Lacazette------
-Coutinho-------Firmino---
--Henderson----------Milner---
-------Can--------------------

4-3-3, perfect for them.

Jair Ventura

He's apparently available for £21 million. There's the striker Liverpool have been looking for since Suarez left. I think Arsenal might have a look at him as well.

------Lacazette------
-Coutinho-------Firmino---
--Henderson----------Milner---
-------Can--------------------

4-3-3, perfect for them.

That isn't happening.

EdmondDantes

That isn't happening.

I'm skeptical as well. But a few decent journos are reporting it. If Liverpool are willing to splash £30 million on Benteke, they might as well spent £35 million on Lacazette. That would be almost 50 million Euros, which I think Lyon would consider.

Jair Ventura

I'm skeptical as well. But a few decent journos are reporting it. If Liverpool are willing to splash £30 million on Benteke, they might as well spent £35 million on Lacazette. That would be almost 50 million Euros, which I think Lyon would consider.

Honestly, I wouldn't give much credence to reports on French players unless it's coming from French publications, and there's been nothing reported on that end. But, given that Kondogbia went for 40+ while Imbula went for 25, Lacazette will is going to draw a huge sum. 50m won't do it, especially if he performs well in the UCL.

Home of Barca Fans