Alex Song

P

PhilS

Listening to all the rumors this summer, spending way too much for Martinez was my biggest worry. Getting Thiago Silva was too much to hope for, plus starting CB was not where help was needed. Alba could be as good for this team as Alves. Song certainly has the skills, we'll see how he handles playing less. I think Tito will be able to play some 3-4-3 with Busquets and Song in midfield.

P

PhilS

Adriano is fine backup on both sides at FB. We'll see some more of Puyol at FB, maybe as soon as the away game at RM.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
dmytro+chygrynskiy+barcelona+presentation+7.jpg

That was totally uncalled for...

Robbie

He has been improving at an insane rate over the past few years... especially last season, where he was among our top 3 best players. Some of you are skeptical and think he'll be a Chygrynsky/Hleb, but I think you'll finally get a replacement for Yaya.

zanela

I'd take (sing a) Song anytime over S.Roberto or JDS. :lol: atleast for one or two seasons.

I was thinking more along the likes of Thiago and Bartra. Two players who i think will be most affected by this signing. I wouldn't mind Song as a Busi back-up, as long as he's not used elsewhere (unless in cases of emergencies). And if we were looking at a mere back-up DM, there were better and cheaper options.

as I said previously on the chat , a La Masia player has to show a extraordinary potential just to make it into the trainings with the first team. JDS , Roberto and Fontas do not.

So a La Masia player needs to show extraordinary potential to make it to the first team, whilst the same need not be applicable to the players we buy, unless you are suggesting Song has extraordinary talent? :lol: (Keita, Adriano etc before him)

He has been improving at an insane rate over the past few years... especially last season, where he was among our top 3 best players. Some of you are skeptical and think he'll be a Chygrynsky/Hleb, but I think you'll finally get a replacement for Yaya.

Song is not in the same league as Yaya, and will never be.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I open Alba thread, we buy him... I open Adriano thread, we sign him... I open Song thread, we sign him!!

Tembbi

Ha! I told you Wenger asked for nothing but £15 million. Good signing considering the price. Even if he failed miserably we could get much of the money back.

Home of Barca Fans