Alex Song

M

mitkoa7x

At Arsenal, Alexandre Song wore shirt number "17" because he has 17 sisters. The Cameroonian midfielder also has 10 brothers. [channelotv]

Am I reading this right? Are you shitting me? Its not physically possible... I dont even... clown cars got nothing on this

psychotsek

Wellcome to the club!!
Hope he does well and stays injury free.

P.S.
Song Bilong used to be a great signing in PES a couple of years ago.. :D

desoe

The fact that Arsenal let go of this player without any fuss, or that we didn't 've any competitor in the market for his signature should tell us something.

How many exactly are the clubs who could compete with Barca on the market?

Not talking finances here, but about level of attraction which could force a player to leave his current team. From what I read in the last few days, Song was not in hurry to leave Arsenal. He actually kinda loved the club, but he was just unable to pass the chance to play for one of the greatest teams in history of football. Not hard to understand, as he's not Totti or De Rossi. This type of connection.

In my eyes, we didn't have competitors, because Song was not really on the market. He forced this move, because he wanted Barca. Not PSG, Inter, Milan or whoever else would bid for him. But Barca.

And by the way, Song was voted second best player of the last season by the Arsenal fans, just behind Van Persie. Maybe this should tell us something, too. I mean, I don't remember the last time when Yohan Djourou got a recognition like that, maybe for some reason.

Not trying to say if Song will be success or a failure, the truth is I don't know. But I'd try to be an optimist for a start :)

nebeer

Love is All
I'm eager to see him play really. Must confess I haven't watched much of him at all as I hardly follow EPL. Hope he turns out to be the presence he's expected to be in the middle of the park, when he does get a chance to play that is.

jairzinho

son354-3-1.jpg

Androutsos

I actually have high hopes from Song, I think he can have a similar effect that Masch has and go on to improve on that in the future to.

Gaines10

Welcome song!

Tbh i'm abit confused to why we for gone for a DM when we are desperate for a CB unless the plan is just to keep Masch there which was ok as a stop gap but i would rather have a normal CB who is a presence.

We already have the best two DM's in the business in Busi and Masch.

Don't get wrong Song is a great player and will be very useful in the games were we need abit of bite in the midfield! fingers crossed he doesn't get sent off though. I just would of preferred a player like Hummels come in.

Home of Barca Fans