Alex Song

desoe

I wouldn't mind us getting Agger from liverpool instead :)

indian-muslims-praying.jpg

Rivaldo

If Arsenal get Sahin I'd say you guys have the strongest midfield in the premier league. I reckon you should still look to get M'Villa(whatever his name is) aswell though.

M

Messi+Eto

Why barca is not after him is beyond me....fantastic player

Would probably cost us a ton. . . Besides you don't want to go $$$$ for $$$$ against MCFC. I reckon they will have an amazing defence should he go there.

3 - 5 - 2 would be the formation

F

Flavia

You can tell me anything. . . . But please, spare me the hypocrisy. Thats a HUGE lie and you know it. He'd be benching so hard. His ass would be engraved in one of the seats.
Not really, or Iniesta would be on the bench, then.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Song for Sahin? What an upgrade.

Arsenal should have FC Barcelona as their shirt sponsor after so much investment. :lol:

Robbie

Even if Mourinho somehow allows this (instead of to Liverpool), we only get Sahin for one season. Would've been better if we had M'Vila, or at least a clause for a permanent deal for Sahin (if it happens). Mou probably knows that Sahin coming to Arsenal is dependant on Song joining Barca. Maybe he doesn't want to strengthen Barca indirectly?

M

Messi+Eto

Even if Mourinho somehow allows this (instead of to Liverpool), we only get Sahin for one season. Would've been better if we had M'Vila, or at least a clause for a permanent deal for Sahin (if it happens). Mou probably knows that Sahin coming to Arsenal is dependant on Song joining Barca. Maybe he doesn't want to strengthen Barca indirectly?

Nice observation.

Arachnid

Not really. Sahin is a creative playmaker, a Wilshere... who won't be fit until november at best... so getting a one season loan makes sense. I don't think Sahin's deal is contingent on Song at all.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
If Wenger is selling Song because of a supposed bad attitude, then signing M'Vila would be stupid because his attitude is 1000 times worse then Songs will ever be. The dude's a thug, theres a reason only Spurs are in for him. Also, he's not played well for awhile and he was below par at the Euro's. Too many people bring his name up as a replacement for Song, even though they never actually watch him play, I blame Football Manager for that.

If Arsenal want a very good replacement then they should go for Copoue(I'm sure I just butchered his name). I watched him alot last seaason, he played better then M'Vila did thats for sure, he would fit well at Arsenal. He's bigger then Song I think, and a physical threat. Sahin + Copoue is all Arsenal need. Keep Bendtner as cover.

Also, in his press conference, Wenger isn't bothered because he thinks Song isn't needed, he's just had enough that players he's invested years into and stood by keep on turning his back on him. He doesn't give a fuck anymore.

M

Messi+Eto

If Wenger is selling Song because of a supposed bad attitude, then signing M'Vila would be stupid because his attitude is 1000 times worse then Songs will ever be. The dude's a thug, theres a reason only Spurs are in for him. Also, he's not played well for awhile and he was below par at the Euro's. Too many people bring his name up as a replacement for Song, even though they never actually watch him play, I blame Football Manager for that.

If Arsenal want a very good replacement then they should go for Copoue(I'm sure I just butchered his name). I watched him alot last seaason, he played better then M'Vila did thats for sure, he would fit well at Arsenal. He's bigger then Song I think, and a physical threat. Sahin + Copoue is all Arsenal need. Keep Bendtner as cover.

Also, in his press conference, Wenger isn't bothered because he thinks Song isn't needed, he's just had enough that players he's invested years into and stood by keep on turning his back on him. He doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Best post of the thread so far. . . Plus I am in total support of you regarding M'vila. A lot of people here talk about players based on hear say, rather than what they have REPEATEDLY seen . Btw, his name is Etienne Capoue.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Don't blame Football Manager... blame all the media constantly linking his name to Arsenal.

Bergkamp10

Song has left Arsenal, the deal will be announced over the weekend - latest Monday.

I like Song but I think we need a proper DM who can sit infront of the back 4 and offer real protection. As much as Song created for us, he cost us so many goals with his bad positioning. Hope he does well at Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans