Alex Song

Pepe Silvia

I blame Song's positional blunders on Wenger, the same way I blame him for the problems Cesc had last season. In due time, Cesc has come around and so will Song. Glass half full.

Robbie

I blame Song's positional blunders on Wenger, the same way I blame him for the problems Cesc had last season. In due time, Cesc has come around and so will Song. Glass half full.

Or maybe they're both reaching the age when midfielders step up to another level? At 24, Zidane was offered to Blackburn and the owner scoffed at it and said 'why would I want Zidane when I have Tim Sherwood?". Just a couple years later, he became one of the best players on the planet. I think both Cesc and Song will be world class, but when they become 27/28+

Meitux

Or maybe they're both reaching the age when midfielders step up to another level? At 24, Zidane was offered to Blackburn and the owner scoffed at it and said 'why would I want Zidane when I have Tim Sherwood?". Just a couple years later, he became one of the best players on the planet. I think both Cesc and Song will be world class, but when they become 27/28+
i think fabregas already is at the list of the best midfielders in the world and i wish you are right cause we need him mostly as the next xavi although its too early to say that

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
This is great news imo. I can't wait to see Song draped up in Blaugrana. The guy is a maniac, and his muscle will be needed in Europe so we don't get pushed around like last season (brutal truth). People mention Yaya and it's just so true. When we had him no one could mess with us muscle wise. We lost that and maintained finesse but eventually were found out. Glad we have some muscle back, no disrespect to Keita because he was such a discplined utility guy, but he just didn't intimidate like I feel Song could.

Muscles aside, Yaya was a very intelligent player. Song might have the same mix of skill and strength, but without half the brain.

Wambo

did he put a request to leave? I think he knows that he is not going to have many minutes to play. :icon_neutral:

M

mitkoa7x

Arsenal coach Wenger has authorized Song to leave adter the player asked him to leave in a meeting after this morning's training. [metro]

Arsenal player Alex Song (24) has already cleared out his locker at his club's training centre and said goodbye to players and staff [metro]

Ursegor

World Champion
This is great news imo. I can't wait to see Song draped up in Blaugrana. The guy is a maniac, and his muscle will be needed in Europe so we don't get pushed around like last season (brutal truth).

So you think we will take one of Busquets, Xavi or Iniesta out of central midfield, add Song in their place and be a better team because of his "muscle" afterwards? Sounds logical.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Why the hell did we sell Yaya? :facepalm:

@Ursegor

We'll have to see, for all we know, Song may suddenly turn out to fit our system to a tee and end up benching Busquets. People are too quick to assume that he'll just be on the bench. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Pique (if he dumps Shakira) and Valdes, maybe Puyol if he doesn't decline are the only 100% certain starters. Busquets is perfect for our system, even though I would start Yaya over him, no one else at this time can do what he does, but with the introduction of Song its now wide open. If Song turns out better then he will be benched.

Well, thats if Tito doesn't have a La Masia fetish.

Ursegor

World Champion
I hope we sell Busquets. Preferably to Real Madrid. Reading this forum, Barcelona fans deserve it tbh.

Yugi

benching Busquets, starting Yaya over him
you guys are brilliant, keep it up, just pure gold

michaeljacksoneatspopcorn.gif

Vegy

no busquets is the perfect noone can fit like him in this team. toure is mostly like a box to box midfielder he was too good to benched and the role of busquets that just be a dm and dont do nothing attacking doesnt suit to him

Wtf did you just write?!

F

Flavia

@Ursegor

We'll have to see, for all we know, Song may suddenly turn out to fit our system to a tee and end up benching Busquets. People are too quick to assume that he'll just be on the bench. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Pique (if he dumps Shakira) and Valdes, maybe Puyol if he doesn't decline are the only 100% certain starters. Busquets is perfect for our system, even though I would start Yaya over him, no one else at this time can do what he does, but with the introduction of Song its now wide open. If Song turns out better then he will be benched.

Well, thats if Tito doesn't have a La Masia fetish.
Busquets is a certain starter, just like Xavi or Iniesta. It's amazing how many people still underrate him, after all these years, and are thinking Song will bench him...

X

xaviniesta

its amazing how people still take jonathan seriously :lol:

and who are those 'we' and 'our' he is talking about in his posts btw?

M

mitkoa7x

I didnt know Song was 24, I thought he was like 29 or something. I think he may improve under our system if he shows commitment.

Home of Barca Fans