Alex Song

pawanme10

Do you really think song's wages and minutes for being an eventual backup are really worth it? Masch or Samper. Even jds can do what song is doing.

We bought Song as a backup. Nobody thought he was going to bench Busquets. The board knew they were burning their hands.
In most of his matches he performed well. Lets just not get carried away with recent performances.
JDS/Samper? In time, we will know about their true abilities.

Yeah, that's a good question, if we sell Song do we need to buy another bench warmer to replace him or maybe if we buy Luiz, he can be rotated with Busi. How about Sergi Roberto? Maybe he can play in DM position?

Nope. Roberto hasn't got the positional sense for a DM.

Javier Mascherano

He can, agreed. Then, who will play CB/back up CB? :p

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
We bought Song as a backup. Nobody thought he was going to bench Busquets. The board knew they were burning their hands.
In most of his matches he performed well. Lets just not get carried away with recent performances.

Nope. Roberto hasn't got the positional sense for a DM.

He can, agreed. Then, who will play CB/back up CB? :p

Rosell is gone, we'll sign 2 cbs in the summer, atleast i am hopeful.

F

Flavia

Song was not bought as a backup for Busquets. He was bought because supposedly he could play CB. As soon as it was clear wenger fooled zubi and tito, he then was left only as busi's backup. An expensive and not needed backup. He should had gone the past summer.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Song is not selected for match against Valladolid, 7M salary and he is not even good enough for the bench... Barca will sell him first, no doubt.

H

Haruko The Goon

Definitely going to have some suitors.

Even though he's a level below Barca standard; he's still a useful player. Decent in many aspects, but not amazing in anything specifically.

You could sell for around £12m I think.

spark

Song is not selected for match against Valladolid, 7M salary and he is not even good enough for the bench... Barca will sell him first, no doubt.

I believe Hes not in the squad because otherwise Sergi Roberto would have been the discarded player for almost a 4 weeks in succession.

CatalinR10

If Barcelona get good offers for midfielder Alex Song (26) or winger Cristian Tello (22), both players could leave the club this summer [md]

aaron101

This is because Tito was so smart that he bought Song expecting him to be good at both CB and DM. I just hope that Tito won't get anywhere near our coaching staffs. He is so clueless.

pawanme10

Song was not bought as a backup for Busquets. He was bought because supposedly he could play CB. As soon as it was clear wenger fooled zubi and tito, he then was left only as busi's backup. An expensive and not needed backup. He should had gone the past summer.

Agreed with bold part. Should have got him for 10M.

Lol. Song was bought to replace Keita, I think.
Don't believe that BS Tito spewed before the Sevilla game to say that Song could also play CB.

Home of Barca Fans