Alex Song

Hatem Ben Arfa

Obvious troll is obvious but still... Songs shits all over Tiote

It's not trolling for crying out loud. I honestly believe Tiote is a better CDM than Alex Song for the reasons I outlined. Tiote is the best in that position the Premier League if you exclude Yaya who is more an attacking midfielder nowadays.

Robbie

Robbie, i think you also know that he didnt make any progression defensively ( positional). Defensively he was beter in the seasons before 10/11.

Song himself said that Wenger instructed him to attack more. It's as though the defensive duties are split between him and Arteta, with Rosicky/Ramsey linking with the front 3. Before it was with Song being a "pure DM" and told to just shield the back 4, and Cesc/Wilshere ahead of him... or Flamini as the DM with Hleb/Cesc

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Via Barçastuff -

"Barcelona and Arsenal are holding talks on the transfer of Arsenal midfielder Alex Song (24). Decision on transfer in next 48 hours. [sport]"

I hope this is true, what a great squad acquisition he would be, with all due respect to Keita a technically superior player will be taking his place and that is great news for a team like Barça, he also is a great deal younger which means he can improve his already great game. Was one of Arsenals best players last season, hope this is true but it seems to good to be unfortunately...

P

PhilS

Song is a quality player, adding him would improve the team, Arsenal would be insane to let him go. The way he could provide coverage for both DM and CB would probably be to free up Busquets to play CB when needed. He could be at his best in the 3-4-3.

He offers more assists and scoring than Busquets does, and he can do amazing things dribbling. What I don't know is if a player of this quality could settle for the amount of playing time he will get behind the world's best DM. Busquets does not get hurt and is able to play big minutes.

The Barca regulars outside the first 11 next year could include Pique, Adriano, Song, Thiago, Cesc, and Pedro. That's the type of depth that can see you to trophies in all three competitions.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
How did I know that video would pop up again :p

Anyway that isn't actually a boner, try wearing those type of shorts and you will see what I mean...

El Guaje

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ok, he is a great player, but not one that we need. What we need is a quality CB. Qualiy natural CB's are and will always be better than DMs playing at CB. Makes no sense to buy Song. And Javi too for that matter.

Trickykid

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ok, he is a great player, but not one that we need. What we need is a quality CB. Qualiy natural CB's are and will always be better than DMs playing at CB. Makes no sense to buy Song. And Javi too for that matter.
Not that I believe one bit that Arsenal will let him go, but it actually does make perfect sense getting someone like him or Martinez.
Piqué, Masch and Puyi are undisputed quality, and will easily cover the 2 cb positions with Bartra as backup. why add yet another exclusive cb to that? Buying someone who could cover both as cb AND for Busi (where we have absolutely no cover at the moment - no don't mention Masch, it's clear neither Pep nor Tito saw him as dm in our system). So yes, that's absolutely what we need.

Galning

:lol: if we sign him we piss Arsenal off so much. I start to feel sorry for them... but then I think of how they steal away our youngsters.

F

Flavia

Song is a quality player, adding him would improve the team, Arsenal would be insane to let him go. The way he could provide coverage for both DM and CB would probably be to free up Busquets to play CB when needed. He could be at his best in the 3-4-3.
I never want to see Busquets as cb again. Ever.

Yugi

he is just 24? I thought he is 28 already, damn :lol:
still I don´t know he would like to sit on bench

Bergkamp10

Song is a very good player. He's physically strong and rarely gets injured, has wonderful vision and is a fantastic passer. He can play CB and often switches there for Arsenal when we're attacking teams - he's pretty good there. He'd be a good signing for any club and although he is positionally poor at times, he has 2 years left to run so I'd say Arsenal will demand around £20m for him.

But I can't see us selling purely because we are changing the midfield round quite a lot this season with Cazorla and Podolski being certain starters in the midfield 5. Sahin is also linked with a move so we'd have to replace Song which would mean potentially 4 new midfielders having to gel which really isn't ideal.

He wants a new 90k-a-week contract so I wouldn't be surprised if the Barcelona rumours were put out by his agent. As highly as I rate him, I'm not convinced he's a Barcelona type player as he can be quite clumsy and lazy. He'd be behind Busquets and Mascherano in the pecking order too so it would be surprising if he signed for Barca. You never know though, Barcelona do like Arsenal's players :D If we got good money for him and replaced him with Yann M'Vila then I wouldn't be too distraught at him leaving but I'd worry about the time it would take for the new midfield to adapt.

Home of Barca Fans