Alejandro Grimaldo

Devils

Rumors starting to circulate that he will be signed this winter.

Barca have a 15% sell on clause with Benfica which means they would save on the signing.

Traore and Grimaldo look to be the signings.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Someone needs to tell this club and Xavi that you don't have to bring back every La Masia player and sign every Spanish player you can

Clown club.

Trickykid

He left because of Alba. Jordi is still here even more untouchable than he was 6 years ago so why would Grimaldo come back?

It should go without saying, but if we're actually looking at an established lb like Grimaldo, then surely it means Alba isn't untouchable at all?

Messi983

He's hardly an established LB imo. 26, linked to moves to bigger clubs every transfer window but yet somehow still at Benfica, 0 caps for Spain, also had some injury problems.

Trickykid

He's hardly an established LB imo. 26, linked to moves to bigger clubs every transfer window but yet somehow still at Benfica, 0 caps for Spain, also had some injury problems.

Well, regardless of the definition of 'established', I think its pretty safe to say that we are indeed looking for someone who can challenge Alba from day one, when names like Grimaldo and Gaya keep popping up. There's no way either are coming to be a clear understudy to Alba.

MTL_Barca

Well there were reports that Alemany would like to get rid of Alba no? And we're linked to a lot of LBs. So maybe he isn't untouchable for the club anymore.

Xavi probably disagrees though :xavi:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Grimaldo naahhh...

Give us Renan Lodi and Darwin Nunez.

Man I really didn't like Darwin much and have doubts about him playing as a lone striker as he plays in a two striker system in Benfica.

Nice header by him for the goal but didn't look very impressive apart from that. IMO it would be better to wait another season with him.

As for Grimaldo I thought he was alright tonight. Antony wasn't really able to do much.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Grimaldo this summer.

Theo Hernandez in 2024. Unless Balde can become something for us but seem doubtful right now.

gregorrin10

Very good game. Bring him back!

I think it's gonna happen. When Gaya won't leave Valencia (especially if they manage to win the Copa final, and even if they don't, he seems to be really loyal to them, which is nice to see in this day and age), we're gonna then go for Grimaldo for sure. While he's ready to move on this summer, he said so himself. Quite surprised he didn't get that big move after Benfica, but nice for us. He'll grab a chance to return with both hands for sure, especially after being B team captain, but never even debuting for the first team, he has unfinished business here. 30M should do it, maybe even less, if that 15% sell on clause is still in effect. I guess in that case even 25M would be enough.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Grimaldo this summer.

Theo Hernandez in 2024. Unless Balde can become something for us but seem doubtful right now.

Theo Hernandez just renewed and Barca were linked prior to that. If he wanted the move would not have extended.

Gaya has supposedly been ruled out by Xavi as wouldnt have him starter over Alba.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans