Aleix Vidal

JamDav1982

He played RW - a classical winger in 4-2-3-1 formation. He almost never played as RB. RW is his natural position and he's actually quite good at it.

He alternated between RW mainly and RB where he had some of his best games particularly in europe.

It will have been those performances in europe that will have triggered off the move thinking he was raw but could be nurtured into Barca RB which now seems evident was a risk not panning out.

Messi983

Based on our previous experiences with Sevilla players he looked like another good and potentially great signing at that time for me. I started to follow Vidal in his last season at Almeria when he played at both left and right wing positions. I knew his lack of experience as RB (he only started around 10 games at the position for Sevilla and AFAIK he never played there in his previous clubs; even if he did, it was in lower divisions) would influence his defending skills but I thought he'd be given a time to improve them over the next two seasons (I thought Alves would stay this season). I don't know how he's doing in trainings but it's clear he's fallen out of favour with Lucho, which is a shame because I still like him and think he's good enough to play 15-20 games to give rest to Roberto but it's obvious he's done here. Maybe he'll get some games in CDR but that's it. I really hope I'm wrong and Vidal will get another chance, convince Lucho and also prove his doubters/haters wrong but knowing Lucho this is almost impossible.

I just don't understand why Lucho didn't made his mind about Vidal clear to Robert in July so we could sell him and bring in another RB who Lucho would count with (or maybe someone like Jonny Castro who can cover both FB positions instead of Digne - nothing against Frenchman personally because I like him). Really bad team management from Lucho in that regard. Yes, Roberto is awesome and I believe he'll be our longterm RB starter but he can't play 60 games without risking an injury and usually it's hard to get good players in January transfer window, especially those who are not cup tied. Even if we find one he'll need time to adapt, even if it would be a short time solution (someone like Srna for a season or two). But if we don't find someone, then what? When Lucho will give rest to Roberto he'll probably again experiment with 343 which I don't think it's a good idea. Maybe Nili or Palencia could get a chance over the next few weeks/months but what if Roberto is unavailable in CL quarter/semifinals. Would Lucho really trust inexperienced youngsters in important games? I don't think so.

Last edited:

xXKonan

According to MD he had a talk with Robert about his situation and Robert told him to keep working hard for his spot in the squad.

Raketa10

"He is training wonderfully" and because of that he is AGAIN out of the squad. It's a "little" hypocritical from Enrique to keep saying that and than not giving him a chance for 6th time in a row. If LE stops counting on sombody it is game over, there is no returning back from that point. What will happen if Roberto gets injured? We MUST sign RB in Jannuary!

Last edited:

Devils

Ctw3lr4XEAQkjr9.jpg

He's making friends. :)

ini4ever

"He is training wonderfully" and because of that he is AGAIN out of the squad. It's a "little" hypocritical from Enrique to keep saying that and than not giving him a chance for 6th time in a row. If LE stops counting on sombody it is game over, there is no returning back from that point. What will happen if Roberto gets injured? We MUST sign RB in Jannuary!

Lucho doing Pep things :lucho:

Galning

Maybe the others are training better? What exactly do you want Lucho to say? "He is complete shite that's why I haven't selected him again"?

hulinat

hes shit so whats the point of having him on the bench? if sergei happened to pick up an injury id rather play almost anyone else as a rb over vidal

Home of Barca Fans