Aleix Vidal

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Jordan Amavi is equally adept with both feet so wouldnt have problems playing RB.

Regarding, Vidal, physically, players dont really improve past 26 years old.

He doesn't really need to improve physically does he? He is strong, quick and has good acceleration. What we might need for him to improve is the technical aspect of his game.

malvolio

not impressed from what i have seen. better consider other options and take our time. we can't get the player now anyway, so why hurry?

M

monamou

Wait for what? Good right backs are very rare these days and this one is Catalan. Knows the leauge, won't need much time to adapt.

Jombi

He used to be a Segunda player until he was 23 though, so he doesnt have lots of la liga experience even though he is 25.

Hellsangel

Sport reporting we signed Aleix for 10M. He'll sign a contract for 5 years. The move would be made official after tonights game.

Der Kaiser

So we sign him, then what? Loan him out for 6 months, or 12 months? Or have him train, but not play until the new year?

Kohe321

I'm all for having the newly signed player come in and join the team after the summer, doing 5v5 training matches with the guys and in general just build chemistry and understanding with them from the very beginning. It's not that crucial to play matches for 5 months. Just look at Vermaelen, he was out for nearly a year and couldn't even train for most of this time, yet he came on against Deportivo and played really well after just training with the guys for a couple of months. Same with Suarez, he didn't need much time to adapt either since he had been training with the team during his ban.

So again, and this goes for all our potential signings this summer - I want them to come over and train instead of being loaned. I think this is the the most effective way to integrate them into the team and the quickest way for them to absord the way we play, plus it also gives Lucho complete control over their training regimen.

Last edited:

serghei

If it's true, it's a good transfer. Ideally, Alves and Vidal would be the best RB pair in the world. If Alves stays. Big if.

Home of Barca Fans