Agreement with Valencia for André Gomes!

raki

It's basically 50 mil. for a sub and no money left for a striker.

Bottom line we didn't need him and he is not worth 50 mil. nor good enough to start for Barca.

Stop the nonsense.

35M. The striker will arrive. Dont be ludicrous. Turan will probably be sold.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We already have plenty of midfielders.

I can bet anyone here that it will amount to closer to 50 than 35.
And yeah, striker will come but that will be from next years budget when we'll need to replace Iniesta and splash on Bellerin probably.

People are excited about new young player which is understandable but I haven't seen any evidence of his supposed quality that would justify 50 million fee.

We can offload Arda now. If Gomes, Raf and Denis develop they can potentially be iniesta successor. I think this is a great signing short term for backup and he is very good for a backup player. Long term he is touted as one of the top midfield prospects in Europe and if he doesn't work we will get most money back anyway

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca worked best with smaller squad which saw everyone involved. That has been repeated by pep and Lucho.
Having 9 midfielders is simply too much.

And our incentives are mostly tied to trophies won. Messi drags us everywhere, sub players get bonuses.

And I don't even see him as a player that fits Barca profile. He is clumsier version of Rakitic (who isn't great in tight spaces).

I said my bit and now we'll see how it'll turn out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Stop the nonsense.

35M. The striker will arrive. Dont be ludicrous. Turan will probably be sold.

1. Fyi. Today Lucho said Turan is staying.
2. I didn't say striker won't arrive. I said we spent our budget.
3. We'll see what figure will be correct.
4. Don't talk down to me again kid.

JamDav1982

Barca worked best with smaller squad which saw everyone involved. That has been repeated by pep and Lucho.
Having 9 midfielders is simply too much.

And our incentives are mostly tied to trophies won. Messi drags us everywhere, sub players get bonuses.

And I don't even see him as a player that fits Barca profile. He is clumsier version of Rakitic (who isn't great in tight spaces).

I said my bit and now we'll see how it'll turn out.

Smaller squad theory didnt look great last season.

The midfield and forward line looked fuck for a spell that cost CL and almost the league.

Pep didnt always work a small squad anyway bar maybe his first title.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It likely means Arda is going to play as a winger as he said in the pressy today but I think it also clearly indicates the Turk is heading for an impending exit

You never know how these things can work out and midfield is a very tough position to adapt to at Barcelona. Yet whenever I watch Gomes, I think this guy looks like he could easily play for Barcelona

It's been an excellent transfer season thus far. RB probably won't happen but I feel more confident we'll still get a credible forward

Vilarrubi

Our bench is looking so much better now, the board recognising our bench has been poor for the last few seasons.

Umtiti, Digne, Gomes, Denis, Vidal, Arda, Mathieu, Rafinha and a "new striker" At last some solid options from the bench and chance to rotate our first 11.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Cn6__kGUAAAGhh_.jpg

Birdy

Our first XI is the same minus 1.. We dont have Alves, and despite his age, there was a glaring difference last season in our right flank when he was playing comparing to when Sergi Roberto was playing..

Andre Gomes is not my favorite style of CM. It is good that we would have at least a sub for rakitic and iniesta to rotate, but it is a very minor addition.
If board wanted to really boost our MD for the next 5 years they should have gone for Pogba..

Neymessi

Wow, this really came out of nowhere. The best thing we could do is use arda as backups for wings, he has played well there many times in atletico. Whats good right now is that a lot of our backup players can play many positions now which leads to more replacements under injuries with lesser men.

serghei

I see some players in the team that have the talent to break in the first 11 if the starters are not at the highest level. Great.

Birdy

Arda should go... Didnt offer much and he is not suited to Barca football.. It was another overpriced wrong transfer choice..
If Gomes is coming to be the new Arda, then its fine...
But our MD is not super boosted.. We need to start looking now for the new Iniesta, even if he still stays for years.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I think this is a mistake. hope I am wrong, but that amount of money for someone who will not even start is ridiculous.

does this mean we won't sign another striker? does it mean Vidal will be our RB?

Home of Barca Fans