Agreement with Valencia for André Gomes!

F

Flavia

He was subbed off vs Croatia and then dropped and didn't start quarters,semis nor final.
If he was good Valencia wouldn't let him go either.

He got injured in that game. He also badmouthed cr, what caused a bit of discomfort in their nt. I don't doubt this weighted a bit on him not starting again. Guess you missed it.

If clubs don't let good players leave, I guess we only signed bad players this and every other summer. I wonder why rm also wanted him, if he's so bad.

Pablo Escobar

Slow, maybe not a speedster? He seems decent considering he is 1.88 which is something we missed when playing a strong Bayern midfield back in 2013.

JamDav1982

He got injured in that game. He also badmouthed cr, what caused a bit of discomfort in their nt. I don't doubt this weighted a bit on him not starting again. Guess you missed it.

If clubs don't let good players leave, I guess we only signed bad players this and every other summer.

He was injured before that game. Before the Hungary game and barely trained.

I had him and Guerreiro in my fantasy football team and both got injured at same time and was constantly google translating Portugese sites to get updates!

Andrew M

Whata useless signing. We have too many midfielders as it is.
Plus, he's just an average player and doesn't even play for Portugal.

You must admit that you do have a slight agenda against this board. They get some things right and some things wrong.

This is a very good signing I think and for a very good price.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Let's reserve our judgement on him.

Many people didn't like the Rakitic signing and were pretty hyped for Arda. Sometimes, it doesn't turn out the way you expect :lol:

The latter could still prove his doubters(incl. me) wrongs though I guess......

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's basically 50 mil. for a sub and no money left for a striker.

Bottom line we didn't need him and he is not worth 50 mil. nor good enough to start for Barca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We got Rakitic for 18 million. Andre Gomes is nowhere near what Rakitic was in Sevilla and we are paying double.

F

Flavia

It's basically 50 mil. for a sub and no money left for a striker.

Bottom line we didn't need him and he is not worth 50 mil. nor good enough to start for Barca.

He didn't even play one minute yet. And the striker will still come. It's great to have such depth. No more gumbaus on the bench.
35m + 15m in incentives is not a bad deal. he'll only cost 50m if he does well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're signing a forward too.

It's 35m + 15m in incentives.

Rakitic had a year left and Denis Suarez was a part of the deal, where Sevilla did one over us.

The idea is to be proactive, not reactive.

We have the depth of Madrid and Bayern now, but with a better Starting XI. That IMO, is really good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't even play one minute yet. And the striker will still come. It's great to have such depth. No more gumbaus on the bench.
35m + 20m in incentives is not a bad deal. he'll only cost 50m if he does well.

We already have plenty of midfielders.

I can bet anyone here that it will amount to closer to 50 than 35.
And yeah, striker will come but that will be from next years budget when we'll need to replace Iniesta and splash on Bellerin probably.

People are excited about new young player which is understandable but I haven't seen any evidence of his supposed quality that would justify 50 million fee.

Blaugrana Man

While the value of this signing is excellent (and underestimated by some on this forum), I still don't fully understand this signing.

He doesn't really address a glaring need, as we have youth in the midfield to back up our starters, and he isn't going to come in and displace a starter. Also, his signing more or less signals that the club does not expect Arda to feature at all, so I'm expecting him to move on in this window.

Mostly, this seems like an investment buy. If he develops into a world beater, it will have been a brilliant progressive signing, and if he doesn't break into the first team as a starter over the next two years, he's young enough and hyped enough that we will probably get most of our initial investment back anyway.

He's a really promising young talent that knows the league and has the skills to fit in to our team, so I'll reserve judgement. I'm happy to see the board getting after signings aggressively, though. I just would have preferred that money being spent on a right back and a back up forward.

F

Flavia

We already have plenty of midfielders.

I can bet anyone here that it will amount to closer to 50 than 35.
And yeah, striker will come but that will be from next years budget when we'll need to replace Iniesta and splash on Bellerin probably.

People are excited about new young player which is understandable but I haven't seen any evidence of his supposed quality that would justify 50 million fee.

If it amounts closer to 50m, it'll mean he's doing well. So what's the problem? There's quality depth now. That will make competition increase, and diminish complacency.

Robert changed the signing dynamic from reactive to proactive. A lot of people used to complain about that. I think it's great progress.

Home of Barca Fans