Agreement with Chelsea for the transfer of Cesc Fàbregas

Devils

For me, he was one of the worst signings in many years. Not statistically i terms of performance, but the overall effect he had on the team. He should have never been brought in in the first place.

In his first season here we experimented with the 3-4-3 formation which cost us dearly in La Liga and disrupted the beautifully flowing 4-3-3 machine that we had established the season prior. Not to mention the failed Cesc false 9 project.

In the second season, Tito's arrogance to not rotate properly resulted in us losing the player that SHOULD have been in Cesc's position from the start.

Now this past year, it was just depressing to deal with his inconsistencies on the pitch. Camp Nou grew tired of him and he was jeered by the fans, management was fed up with him as well and forced him out of the club. Just depressing.

I'm absolutely not saying it was Cesc's individual fault that we experimented with 3-4-3 or that its fault that Thiago left, but it was his signing that bought the damage.

In the end it was just a complete failure. It was a combination of poor decision management to bring him into the team and a player who was never meant to be a Barca player and should have stayed away once he left as a kid.

I'm really glad it's over.

Barcafire

Funny thing is, we're replacing Cesc (Chelsea) with Rakitic (Barca), whom was stripped by Oscar (Chelsea) today that lead to Brazil's 3rd goal.

Richard.H

I remember the crazy saga that went on when we tried to sign him. I remember reading this forum everyday and how everyone was saying that Cesc will make us an unstoppable team. Damn, those were the days.

Adios Cesc

M

maxmss

Funny thing is, we're replacing Cesc (Chelsea) with Rakitic (Barca), whom was stripped by Oscar (Chelsea) today that lead to Brazil's 3rd goal.
Don't forget Cesc's stupid back-heel which gave Barcelona a goal vs Arsenal. That's just not fair single out 1 mistake. Eveyone makes mistake and he had a decent game today. To me he was better than Modric.

BarçAjax8

I don't want him back. Not ever. Let him stay in Munich and watch his brother become a Barca legend.

Exactly! Thiago plays for himself so let him continue that in Munich. He still loses possession far too much to be a Barcelona player.

Cesc will fit in well at Chelsea, especially with a fit Costa ahead of him. Can't wish him well though :wave:

LeeRomeno

For me, he was one of the worst signings in many years. Not statistically i terms of performance, but the overall effect he had on the team. He should have never been brought in in the first place.

In his first season here we experimented with the 3-4-3 formation which cost us dearly in La Liga and disrupted the beautifully flowing 4-3-3 machine that we had established the season prior. Not to mention the failed Cesc false 9 project.

In the second season, Tito's arrogance to not rotate properly resulted in us losing the player that SHOULD have been in Cesc's position from the start.

Now this past year, it was just depressing to deal with his inconsistencies on the pitch. Camp Nou grew tired of him and he was jeered by the fans, management was fed up with him as well and forced him out of the club. Just depressing.

I'm absolutely not saying it was Cesc's individual fault that we experimented with 3-4-3 or that its fault that Thiago left, but it was his signing that bought the damage.

In the end it was just a complete failure. It was a combination of poor decision management to bring him into the team and a player who was never meant to be a Barca player and should have stayed away once he left as a kid.

I'm really glad it's over.

Yes we only won 6 trophies with him in those years, he is the only one to blame for this. If it werent for Cesc we probably would be still winning 6 trophies every year.
Fans like you make it so hard to support this club i have loved majority of my life

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
What a stupid thing to do. I have been supporting Barca for 30 years and this is right up there with their biggest mistakes, and there have been a few...

Devils

Yes we only won 6 trophies with him in those years, he is the only one to blame for this. If it werent for Cesc we probably would be still winning 6 trophies every year.
Fans like you make it so hard to support this club i have loved majority of my life

:lol:

What part of "it wasn't Cesc's individual fault" was so hard for you to understand? Please do tell me so I can simply it for you.

Fans like you who can't read is what makes this board so intolerable to discuss Barca at times. :)

Home of Barca Fans