Adrien Rabiot

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sold? Doesn't his contract run out? Who in their right mind would pay money for him?

His contract runs out on June 30th, 2019. Don was talking about selling him in January if someone really wants him badly. And I hope someone (other than Barca) does.

And I hope PSG insists that he be not sold to us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sold? Doesn't his contract run out? Who in their right mind would pay money for him?

Yes, although a team like Tottenham or Liverpool might pay a small sum if it meant pushing for a title this season. Obviously Rabiot has to agree too. French Media reporting PSG are going to do everything to try and get something for him in January. I'm just speculating here that he might be too emotionally unstable to be a reserve player for 6 months and go to a team for free.

Joan

Yes, although a team like Tottenham or Liverpool might pay a small sum if it meant pushing for a title this season. Obviously Rabiot has to agree too. French Media reporting PSG are going to do everything to try and get something for him in January. I'm just speculating here that he might be too emotionally unstable to be a reserve player for 6 months and go to a team for free.

Possibly, but sitting those 6 months would be compensated in terms of signing bonus in the summer.

El Gato

Villarato!

Maaaaan talk about be a waste of money :lol:

Fuck him. Let him rot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maaaaan talk about be a waste of money :lol:

Fuck him. Let him rot.

What's with you and Tottenham? Why do you like them so much?

Could also be a decent option for Real Madrid. Modric is getting old you know and might want to play for Inter or go off to chase the big bucks in China. Rabiot could be his successor :coffee:

El Gato

Villarato!
What's with you and Tottenham? Why do you like them so much?

Could also be a decent option for Real Madrid. Modric is getting old you know and might want to play for Inter or go off to chase the big bucks in China. Rabiot could be his successor :coffee:

Do I? I don't care that much, I hate that prick Levy making life difficult for us, but I don't mind the players. I'd like them to go far this year for mostly selfish reasons as it'd only accelerate the Pochettino operation since it'd make Perez more keen to actually fork out some money to finally commit to some form of a longer project for a manager that finally proved he can go some distance in the CL. Seemingly anyway. If they crash out and win fuckall again we will probably settle for another temporary option and I'd rather we took care of Hazard business, added 2 or 3 more new faces and let them all start working with Poch right away instead of waiting which would only waste time.

Fuck Rabiot. Or any French player for that matter. Bar Varane and Mbappe. Oh, and Kante I guess.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

If this is a manager decision thn fair play, but if this is from the board or sporting director then it is very unprofessional thing to do. And not a good look for other players and their agents, though won't matter since PSG still pay high wages

Jombi

i actually agree with PSG stance here. if a player says fuck it and won't sign the contract, why waste playing a player that won't be there next season when you could give a youngster a chance in his place?

Because he is far better than a youngster? There is no "waste" in playing a superior player and winning matches.

But if this means Rabiot's value decreases in the summer and he will be cheap to sign on bosman (signing on fee and wages), I say its good for us. He's a good player. And it could be a low risk/high reward signing in that case.

BBZ8800

i actually agree with PSG stance here. if a player says fuck it and won't sign the contract, why waste playing a player that won't be there next season when you could give a youngster a chance in his place?

Rabiot comes across as an idiot which is why i dont want him anywhere near Barca. hes closed the door already on a new contract mid-season

How is he an idiot?
Imagine if you were in his shoes, and your only options are:
1. not sign a contract and be free in a summer of 2019
2. sign a contract and you are in a prison for another 5 years. Whatever they say or promise to you, you will not be allowed to leave.
There is a chance that they will put you on stands for 2-3-4 years, if needed. Psg can do everything...

If he signs a new contract, he will never be able to leave (if he'll want to leave one day).

yeah but you can look at the situation from other side too,how can you expect 100% from a player who wants to leave the club,especially from the brat like rabiot?

Aren't those double standards again?
Let's forget Rabiot's footballing abilities, but:
1. when Dembele refused to train with BVB, we have seen that as: he is so devoted to Barca, he is willing to do everything to come here. Sign the kid!
When Rabiot is doing the same, we see: he is an idiot and spoiled brat.
Why wasn't Dembele spoiled in the same situation?
2. Coutinho, the same. He caused problems and a pressure to Liverpool to let him go.
We have seen his acts as: he loves Barca. Sign him!

One more reason we should not sign him, because he would probably regress since he will not even be playing for 5 months.

Suarez had a 4 Month ban due to biting when we signed him.
Double standards again?

1. he wasn't allowed to play for a few Months
2. and we didn't know whether he will turn into "a normal person" or whether he will bite people all the time and ruin his career

Also, about people that it is ok from Psg to not play him.
Well, Naby Keita was leaving his former team for Liverpool. And everyone knew that.
A transfer was announced in the winter, 6 Months before an actual transfer.
Have they kicked him out of a team? No.

Goretzka, last winter?
Everyone knew that he will sign for Bayern.
His old club still played him.

Normal teams are not doing the shit which Psg is doing.
No wonder that Rabiot doesn't want to sign a deal.
Also, reports said that they have already offered him 12M and he rejected.

Last edited:

michelco

There's no way he's refusing to sign a new PSG contract for shit loads of money only to sign for Tottenham or Arsenal or whatever. Barcelona it is

Home of Barca Fans