Adama Traore

vuji_31

I still remember his pre season game against Nice when he was in Barca...He dribbled like 4 players.

When Barca B was in second spain division he was best dribbler in Europe in all leagues in amount of successful dribbles.

But yeah he is not midget and does not have Barca Dna (I throw uo when I see this) so let's sell best dribbler in Europe for 10mil without clause.

Great job idiot Ratomeu

JamDav1982

I still remember his pre season game against Nice when he was in Barca...He dribbled like 4 players.

When Barca B was in second spain division he was best dribbler in Europe in all leagues in amount of successful dribbles.

But yeah he is not midget and does not have Barca Dna (I throw uo when I see this) so let's sell best dribbler in Europe for 10mil without clause.

Great job idiot Ratomeu

Traore was nowhere near ready for Barca first team then. It would have achieved nothing to keep him and it took him years to develop which wouldnt have happened had he stayed.

Even then he plays in almost exact opposite way that a team based on Messi would need.

vuji_31

Do you see Madrid logic...

Keep talents on loan. Now they can back Odegard and Hakimi who can be starters.
They would pay 150mil for them but just loaning them do job cheaper.

JamDav1982

Do you see Madrid logic...

Keep talents on loan. Now they can back Odegard and Hakimi who can be starters.
They would pay 150mil for them but just loaning them do job cheaper.

He took about four years to show improvement and even now may not fit all that well.

There is no way they would have loaned him out for that long and hoped would develop.

He wanted a transfer as well.

vuji_31

Same with Odegard and Hakimi. It is possible if you can detect potential, and Adama when he was 17-18 showed more then this two.
He even scored few solo goals for Barca. But he is not midget or original Catalan so...

khaled_a_d

Great job idiot Ratomeu

He wanted to leave, and he would have never developed here, even if loaned. We weren't going to loan him 4 seasons

And he was 2nd in dribbling not first, and not whole europe but top 4 leagues + Segunda. Still impressive in terms of raw ability.

JamDav1982

Same with Odegard and Hakimi. It is possible if you can detect potential, and Adama when he was 17-18 showed more then this two.
He even scored few solo goals for Barca. But he is not midget or original Catalan so...

Hakimi who a club like Dortmund wanted for a couple of years and Real rated him as borderline first team level already but had Carvajal on front of him

Adama was nowhere near ready to play in Barca first team and did not have a style that translated. He was level of talent seen at that point took him to Aston Villa.

Nothing to do with him not being a 'midget' or 'Barca DNA' it was that he was unbelievably raw and one dimensional.

You are picking and choosing talents that have gone on to improve which did not look certain and even then his style wont fit.

Exact same as happened with Deulofeu.

xXKonan

If I remember correctly, he had a promotion clause in his contract but Lucho didn't think he was ready for the first team so he decided to leave.

Lucho was correct in that regard, it took Adama awhile to finally get going.

BBZ8800

BBZ said he would never become a good player. This is what proper coaching looks like. Nuno really helped him improve.

I said that he would never be a player for big clubs.
He improved, but is still very dumb.
You can''t fix that.

You'll see what will happen with our Dembele.
That guy will never be a starter for too long in any top club.

TrueCule

I said that he would never be a player for big clubs.
He improved, but is still very dumb.
You can''t fix that.

You'll see what will happen with our Dembele.
That guy will never be a starter for too long in any top club.

Same can also be said for Vinicius Jr imo. Great physical attributes but low football IQ.

feggydinho

Adama was actually quite impressive for us, he even scored in the Copa del ray and wasn't too stingy with the ball when playing in the senior team. He left because Luis Enrique didn't give him a chance (didn't even take him and Grimaldo for the 2015/16 preseason, so Adama knew he had no chance n left). Also, no defender can stop adama in full gear (if he doesn't pass you skills, then he'll pass you with strength or speed). He'll literally be unstoppable if he passed more, though he's still great and would finish our defense if he faces us rn.

Home of Barca Fans