Adama Traore

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didnt say what?

That he's good enough for Barca. I said we should buy him back(since the buyback fee 1st year is almost as much as we sold him for) and loan him out to a team which will use him if the reason for him getting benched is monetary based(will apparently double his wages in Aston Villa after 10 appearances).

JamDav1982

That he's good enough for Barca. I said we should buy him back(since the buyback fee 1st year is almost as much as we sold him for) and loan him out to a team which will use him if the reason for him getting benched is monetary based(will apparently double his wages in Aston Villa after 10 appearances).

There is more than enough money in the EPL that they would NEVER bench a player good enough for first team purely for that reason.

Adama is somewhere he can prove his worth and should easily be able to break into first team if even close to being Barca material. Why waste the 12m to take him back and loan him out somewhere?

Barca owe nothing to Adama in helping him develop as a player if not good enough for Aston Villa. He chose to go there.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He is the only young player we have sold for very good price
If he turns out good then gr8 .otherwise leave him where he is and keep the money
Kid is talented but he lacks a lot in terms of hardworking and football IQ .
And considering they will fight relegation ,they would play him if they think he can help to avoid it.
And one more thing , he probably won't accept coming back in the 1st place ,no team would offer him same contract .

EdmondDantes

I say give it two years and he'll be bossing the Premier League, or at the very least he'll become a Moses type: too good for minnows but not quite up there for a top 4 club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Remi Garde said reason for not selecting him is because he need to improve in team-play.

Although he also said he's improving quite a lot and it's only a question of time before he'll get his chance.

If he can get Adama to improve substantially in that area then Remi Garde, all honour to you.

God Serena

I expected him to get that kind of reaction. It's precisely why I was against him being promoted. No teamplay, all dribbles. Not even Messi would be very useful if you took away all of his skills and left him with only his ability to dribble.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Another great example of the failure of the club to develop a highly rated youth talent, even with this loan/sale we're seeing the folly of letting others develop a Barcelona profile player...As it stands, only Alen Halilovic has profited from this approach - so far

J

Jamie Cal

Selling him to Villa was an awful idea if we're talking about developing him anyway. They're one of the worst run clubs in the top 5 leagues, and it shows no sign of stopping. He could be playing Championship football next year.

EdmondDantes

I think he'll eventually come through by the time he's ~23. There will be plenty of downs until then though. He could be potentially world class; or not.

Home of Barca Fans