9 - Samuel Eto'o

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
But there have been talks. The board even wanted to give him a new contract after the season but Eto'o is refusing.

Steve Lawler

cause my friend u haven't shown E2 any sort of respect last summer or this summer (i know CA & Sunny will be on my back now justifying E2 /Barca situation ) .. u wanted to renew E2 u had all winter when he was banging goals... instead once u again u showed him the door in a matter that shows disrespect for his contribution ..
I've seen it happen before with old Barca players .. but i think with what E2 did (trophy wise ) he deserved a lot more respect that what u showed him

LOL
i think a madridista should be the least likely to talk about respecting their players. its simple, renew your contract or leave. its funny how everyone thinks E2 is such an angel, i guess its coincidence he didnt get along with ronaldinho, rijkaard, messi and now guardiola.. the man just simply DOES NOT care about this club whatsoever, and always puts himself ahead of it. didnt he confess a few months back that his heart is with mallorca? "barca is just a job"

i dont care how many goals you bag, but if your goal tally comes with that kinda attitude then you have no place here.

Beast

The Observer
LOL
i think a madridista should be the least likely to talk about respecting their players. its simple, renew your contract or leave. its funny how everyone thinks E2 is such an angel, i guess its coincidence he didnt get along with ronaldinho, rijkaard, messi and now guardiola.. the man just simply DOES NOT care about this club whatsoever, and always puts himself ahead of it. didnt he confess a few months back that his heart is with mallorca? "barca is just a job"

i dont care how many goals you bag, but if your goal tally comes with that kinda attitude then you have no place here.

Go do your homework ... apart from Hierro incident under Perez first stint Real loyalty to the old players is second to none and one of our remarkable features as a club
.. even older cule's know that and wouldn't debate it ... most of the old players who were no longer required and need to move were given free transfers as a sort of gratitude for their service people like Butre,Hugo Sanchez,Figo,Helguera ,Cesar .. all left for free to other clubs

E

Esteve

We could become a big club in the future though.

Everyone keeps saying "Chelsea were already in the champions league", therefore City will never get there. Just because nobody has ever done what we are doing before, doesn't mean we will fail.

Milan wanted Kaka to come to City, just like Laporta wanted Eto'o to come too.

First we need another top player in as a magnet for other top players, but to get that first signing, we will have to pay over the odds to get them here in the first place. After that it would be alot easier to convince players to sign.

Well, it depends on what you call a big club. If we're talking like, United, Liverpool, Barça, Madrid, Milan etc. then no, I don't think City will ever reach that status. Milan probably wish they had sold to City now as they would have €30 million more in the bank. Kaká is probably more than pleased with how things have worked out. He's being paid well to play for another big club. I don't think City will ever manage to sign a player like him either :icon_neutral:

B

blueduck

Well, it depends on what you call a big club. If we're talking like, United, Liverpool, Barça, Madrid, Milan etc. then no, I don't think City will ever reach that status. Milan probably wish they had sold to City now as they would have €30 million more in the bank. Kaká is probably more than pleased with how things have worked out. He's being paid well to play for another big club. I don't think City will ever manage to sign a player like him either :icon_neutral:

Well only time will tell... I might come back to this thread later in the summer and (hopefully) prove you wrong. :)

Don't you consider Robinho a top player ?

aRegularAce

Go do your homework ... apart from Hierro incident under Perez first stint Real loyalty to the old players is second to none and one of our remarkable features as a club
.. even older cule's know that and wouldn't debate it ... most of the old players who were no longer required and need to move were given free transfers as a sort of gratitude for their service people like Butre,Hugo Sanchez,Figo,Helguera ,Cesar .. all left for free to other clubs

I agree with you to a certain extent. But those players left when they were past their prime, while eto'o still has a lot to offer atm.

E

Esteve

Well only time will tell... I might come back to this thread later in the summer and (hopefully) prove you wrong. :)

Don't you consider Robinho a top player ?

Not really. He's not up there with the very best players of today anyway. I think he's a good player. That's about it.

E

Esteve

How so? Surely you don't think he's up there with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Kaká etc.

Beast

The Observer
I agree with you to a certain extent. But those players left when they were past their prime, while eto'o still has a lot to offer atm.

yes u have a point about those names (there were others like Santiago Solari who left early i was just giving an example of the top of my head ) Ace but the thing is we don't offload them for a bad season especially if they achieved what E2 did.. forget Raul but look @ Guti for example or Salgado... or players like Cannavaro who the fan rallied to give him an extension despite being shit in the last season the fans he served the club well and deserved to stay.
we always take care of our people and those who serve the club well.. if E2 was in Real and achieved what he achieved his contract would be extended till he is 34 or 35

Beast

The Observer
I think he's easily up there in the top 10-15 in the world. imnsho.

? beauty in the eyes of the beholder ...
he has the potential but he is not a top 10 or top 15.. he is far from it... don't forget that Robinho goals are mostly @ home .. he failed to score away from his comfort zone
at times with Real Robinho was taking the liga by storm (after his first 1 1/2 years ) .. then he got injured and was never the same.. thing is he is reaching the peak now.. it's now or never.. so while i say he isn't a top 10 or 15.. he can do it if he try to be more productive and above all more consistent

top 10 or 15 hell even 20
- Messi
- Iniesta
- CR
- Kaka
- Torres
-Xavi
-Gerrard
- Iker Casillas
- Ribery
- Aguero
- Rooney
- Ibra
- Alves
-Maicon
- de Rossi
- Essien
- Villa
- Forlan
- Xabi Alonso/Mascherano
- Pique/Rio/Vidic
- Lampard/Drogba
- Cesc/Henry/E2

all in no particular order and counting those who had injury this season which affected their performance like Ruud,Sneijder

But beast, it's Eto'o taht doesn't want to renew, not the club?

he refused the offer not refused to renew my friend.. big difference here ...

E2 always need to be loved.. not feel like an outcast which is what u did so far in 2 consecutive summers..
let me remind u most people wanted his head on a silver plate mid April

Home of Barca Fans