9 - Robert Lewandowski

Tookien

:lol: Lewa has been very good last few games but as usual, things are getting way overblown in this thread.

“peak RL9” in CL KOs is more myth than substance. Bayern had him, a bunch of stars and good managers and all they managed with him was 1 CL final and 1 CL trophy in 8 years

Mbappe a is better player right now (in big games) than Lewa ever was

Mbappe has played with the best players in the world in PSG and has not won a single CL trophy even once in the 7 years he was there.

And 1 CL trophy for Bayern in 8 years for Lewandowski is pretty damn good. The other years Bayern almost always reached the CL semis.

Other than that, I agree, let's not blow things out of proportion. Barcelona winning is going to depend a lot on how Barcelona play as a whole, not just Lewandowski.

One thing is certain, Barcelona have the chance to win everything or nothing.

Horatio

You're welcome
Let’s not forget we have quite the superior keeper. Weird to say it…but yeah. Ter Stegen keeping past two seasons on high level. Donnarumma 50/50

Tookien

Do we have a chance against PSG with Lewa keeping up this level or are we too far behind?

Here is some hope.
If you watch PSG vs Bayern CL final, which was a very tight match, Lewandowski was arugably the most dangerous player upfront from both teams.
That's against Neymar, Mbappe and Dimaria.
He didn't score, but hit the left post on a turn and a powerful header that was somehow saved.

Overall, it's still going to depend a lot on how well Barcelona play as a whole.

Sure Barcelona won 3-0 against ATM but made lots of errors in the defense and were lucky ATM didn't convert.
You'd expect PSG would surely punish Barcelona in those circumstances.

Temptation

Mbappe has played with the best players in the world in PSG and has not won a single CL trophy even once in the 7 years he was there.

And 1 CL trophy for Bayern in 8 years for Lewandowski is pretty damn good. The other years Bayern almost always reached the CL semis.

Other than that, I agree, let's not blow things out of proportion. Barcelona winning is going to depend a lot on how Barcelona play as a whole, not just Lewandowski.

One thing is certain, Barcelona have the chance to win everything or nothing.
Pretty sure they were blatantly robbed by the refs in one of the semis against Real Madrid. They were competing against Peak RM and Peak MSN Barca.

In one of the seasons, Bayern were easily the best team on the planet but got knocked out by Paris coz Lewy wasn't available.

Also carried Dortmund to a CL final against all odds.

As an individual, his CL career is epic. Period.

KingLeo10

Mbappe has amazing WC performances (with a vastly superior France) and he is a large part of what makes France so strong.

This debate is tiresome. Nearly everyone is praising Lewa and Temp comes in here trying to make it seem like Lewa in his prime was some sort of auto match winner in big KO games. He wasn’t.

The latest being he carried Dortmund in CL lol.

Tookien

Mbappe has amazing WC performances (with a vastly superior France) and he is a large part of what makes France so strong.

This debate is tiresome. Nearly everyone is praising Lewa and Temp comes in here trying to make it seem like Lewa in his prime was some sort of auto match winner in big KO games. He wasn’t.

France had a great team around Mbappe. Don't change the subject though. This isn't about the WC.
I don't think anyone will say Mbappe is better than Messi or Ronaldo because Mbappe had more success in the WC.

Temptation

I'd make an argument that based on his career trajectory and what he has already achieved at this age, you can make a case on Mbappe being the most clutch player ever!

Never seen anybody questioning Mbappe's credentials as a big game player at any point in his career.

Nobody is a guarantee in a CL knockout. Even CR7 isn't(maybe he was in that 3peat period for Madrid).

Regardless of what his haters say, he clearly has a great record in CL knockouts. There's not a single player who doesn't have crap games in CL knockouts.

He did lol.

Dortmund finished top in a group of death with Madrid, City and Ajax. He was Dortmund's best player in that CL run by a countrymile and was extremely clutch.

KingLeo10

Tookien has a reasonable take but I see Temp has devolved to somehow making -

Mbappe the most clutch player ever (I just said his record was better than Lewa :lol:)

CR7 being auto winner for RM despite not even scoring in 2 of the finals and being a no show there

Lewa carrying Dortmund who had Klopp, Gotze, Gundogan, Reus etc etc

Carry on laddie :lol:

Tookien

Ya'll are going to jinx him now.

GJ.

We don't decide these things.

I'm more worried about the consequences of this international "break", for Barcelona as a whole.
These internationals tend to throw players as well domestic teams off their game, but I guess everyone is in the same boat.

And Lewy playing for Poland at this point seems unnecessary. Polands national team has much bigger problems to solve. He's just risking injury and confidence drop for basically nothing. But I guess not playing a game for 2 weeks is just as bad.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't think fatigue will be an issue ahead of the PSG game. What's important is avoiding injuries for all players. We play Las Palmas after the break and then we play PSG up next, but it's the week after. No game played weekend before PSG due to the Copa final.

Could even squeeze in a friendly there :laporta:

Loki

- “I know I have to help and support the young players, but I also need them to help me by passing the ball or sending crosses!"

Clearly sick of his teammates not passing him the ball when he makes his runs.

You see it on the pitch. Lewy complaining to the others many times per game if they don't pass to him. I'm 100% behind him in this. He still has one of the best finishes in europe, so you have to look for him more on the field. It's also on Xavi, he could force them to find Lewy more. Yamal and Fermin especially are many times too selfish.

Temptation

We don't decide these things.

I'm more worried about the consequences of this international "break", for Barcelona as a whole.
These internationals tend to throw players as well domestic teams off their game, but I guess everyone is in the same boat.

And Lewy playing for Poland at this point seems unnecessary. Polands national team has much bigger problems to solve. He's just risking injury and confidence drop for basically nothing. But I guess not playing a game for 2 weeks is just as bad.
It's one important game against Estonia.

Home of Barca Fans