9 - Robert Lewandowski

Jakabor

Nagelsmann actually as uninformed as some fans despite very clear and concise explanations having been published.

Embarrassing from Nagelsmann.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nagelsmann actually as uninformed as some fans despite very clear and concise explanations having been published.

Embarrassing from Nagelsmann.

He is just like most pundits and fans these days, somehow being swept by the narrative that we are broke, bankrupt, on the verge of dying etc. that were pumped out by the media and certain “experts”.

You would think smart people like Naglesmann would know better, but I guess not.

Also, I guess he is now fully versed in Bayern and now he is commenting on other clubs like Bayern bigwigs always did. Pathetic.

fergus90

Twitter runs football. Hilarious watching some of the meltdown from grown adults over Twitter rumours. Glorious stuff.

khaled_a_d

Okay, I haven't watched Sevilla (Kounde) much...where do we rank him in the CB hierarchy. Is he top 10 in the world? No?

Tough one.
He isn't the total package tbh, not as imposing physically as you would hope from a CB. He is quick, smart and aggressive who can play with the ball in his feet.
I am not sure he is a top 10 atm, I rank RM current duo and Araujo as better CBs to build around than him in Liga alone.

But it is more about the profile, a smart athletic CB who can play with the ball isn't easy to come buy, you add to that he is fairly versatile (can fit that RCB/RB hybrid we used Araujo in last season) and already know the league and the language. Feels like the perfect target.
Also, adding Kounde would have surely ended Pique time as a starter
What is tougher pill to swallow is the fact that a ton of the top CB has moved or on the move this summer.
Real got Rudiger, Juve getting Bremer, Bayern MDL, Manu getting Lisandro, Chelsea getting Koulibaly, PSG likely getting Skriniar etc

Nucky

What a silly take from Naglesmann. No surprise that Bild and ESPN, being the yellow journalism media whore they are vying for clicks and headlines, would publish that kind of trash.

No money? As in what? All of sudden everybody became a financial expert.

Shabi.

I understand managers and players being busy and not watching the news but the fans I don't get.. Every major sport media reported on Barca selling TV rights and yet still they wonder where Barca got the money.. Also they already sold some deadwood and will sell more.. Barca main problem was wage budget, we had the highest wages in football, thats why Laporta wants to set 10M per season limit, so nobody will have more than 10M in wage..

Rory

He is just like most pundits and fans these days, somehow being swept by the narrative that we are broke, bankrupt, on the verge of dying etc. that were pumped out by the media and certain “experts”.

You would think smart people like Naglesmann would know better, but I guess not.

Also, I guess he is now fully versed in Bayern and now he is commenting on other clubs like Bayern bigwigs always did. Pathetic.

Hilarious anyone thinks that a business generating 1bn a year (pre covid) in revenue is going to suddenly die. Usually I don't like Graham Hunter but this was pretty great from him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orq6pdfZQ2A, put a lot of the so-called journalists in their place.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I understand managers and players being busy and not watching the news but the fans I don't get.. Every major sport media reported on Barca selling TV rights and yet still they wonder where Barca got the money.. Also they already sold some deadwood and will sell more.. Barca main problem was wage budget, we had the highest wages in football, thats why Laporta wants to set 10M per season limit, so nobody will have more than 10M in wage..

The media and certain sports journalists, especially some in a particular country, kept bombarding the fans and the general public with catchy headlines and news stories of how broke we are, blah, blah, blah, not really understanding what "broke" means and what kind of predicament we are really in (lack of spending power and ability to sign and register players vs. lack of money), creating a false narrative that we are listless, about to die and should not be in any position to sign players of any sort. And people bought into that narrative.

The way I understand is, what is really ailing us is not that we don't have money, we do, we are still taking in A LOT OF money from all sources of revenues, albeit less than before (we were the club that had the highest revenue pre-COVID). Of course our cash flow is under pressure when our revenue is down and our cost is not going down at the same pace, but what is truly ailing us is our inability to sign and register players without selling either players or rights/assets, due to La Liga's salary cap and "fair play" rules. So even if we had all the money in the world (we don't), we still couldn't spend without selling something to add to our revenue/income in order to drive up our allotted salary cap threshold, which will enable us to buy and register players.

So yes we are a bit cash-strapped, but no way "broke" or "cease to exist in 4, 5 years" as people say in a certain country, and nowhere as bad as some in the media make it out to be. But people don't understand or care, and fans from certain particular clubs look at it with a lot of glee and schadenfreude, celebrating and getting ready to read our obituary. Whatever.

I don't care how many years it will take, but if we turn this around and one day we beat those clubs and people both on and off the pitch fair and square, it will be so sweet for me.

serghei

Damn, imagine if he wins the CL with us, after having won only one Covid-CL with Bayern in nearly 10 years. :lol: Would be hilarious.

We still lack 2-3 top quality players though and a reliable keeper for that.

Home of Barca Fans