9 - Robert Lewandowski

BBZ8800

He's scored 40 goals a season for the last seven years. Also scored bucket loads for Dortmund. He's not just emerged as some killer has he.

Ballon d or:
2016: 16th
2017: 9th
2018: not in top 20
2019: 8th
2020: --
2021: 2nd

Just sayin. Salah, Mbappe, Benz, Neymar were usually infront of him.

But with revisionism, suddenly he is the most influental attacker in the last 5 years bar Messi and Cr7.

Not that Bdor is the best measurement.
But for 10 years people were killing eachother over Messi's and Cr7's Bdor tally as the most important thing in the world.

Last edited:

Temptation

Ballon d or:

But with revisionism, suddenly he is the most influental attacker in the last 5 years bar Messi and Cr7.

But for 10 years people were killing eachother over Messi's and Cr7's Bdor tally as the most important thing in the world.
Salah finished 7th last year. Tells you everything you need to know about the B'd or.

BTW, Lewandowski finished 4th in 2015.

Over the last 8 years, he has outscored Messi and Ronaldo. 8 years....not a bad sample size....

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Ballon d or:

Whats your prediction for Lewandowski at Barca?

Goals/impact etc.

What is him being a failure or a sucess?

jamrock

Lewa is a great goal scorer & I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda, Kinda get where bbz is coming from, this narrative that he has been the 3rd best after Messi & Ronaldo that has been developing recently is BS.

He's more of a flat track bully than anything else even in the CL & everything is does in Germany is worth .75

But he's still a beast.

serghei

Lewa is a great goal scorer & I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda, Kinda get where bbz is coming from, this narrative that he has been the 3rd best after Messi & Ronaldo that has been developing recently is BS.

He's more of a flat track bully than anything else even in the CL & everything is does in Germany is worth .75

But he's still a beast.

That's what it's all about in the league. Scoring regularly against lower tier and medium level teams, and getting some goals vs top dogs as well. It's not like Lewandowski was scoring only vs Bochum and Koln for example, and didn't score vs Leipzig or Dortmund or the likes.

He's a great reliable scorer in the league. In CL the factors you need to have on your side to win it are numerous.

jamrock

That's what it's all about in the league. Scoring regularly against lower tier and medium level teams, and getting some goals vs top dogs as well. It's not like Lewandowski was scoring only vs Bochum and Koln for example, and didn't score vs Leipzig or Dortmund or the likes.

He's a great reliable scorer in the league. In CL the factors you need to have on your side to win it are numerous.

Nah I agree he'll be great for us no doubts there in my mind.

Was just speaking specifically to the outscored Messi & CR and this narrative like he was the 3rd best player during that time,he wasn't.

But he'll do great for us for 2-3 years I'm sure of that.

BBZ8800

Whats your prediction for Lewandowski at Barca?

Goals/impact etc.

What is him being a failure or a sucess?

I fell for that in the past.
I will not predict numbers.

My general sentiment is that buying 34 year old for 50m is a stupid move.
We are barely relevant in Uefa cup so Lewa won't improve us too much.

Best case scenario:
= he doesn't decline superfast and we win 2 La Ligas in the next 2 years
Average scenario:
= he plays well for 1 year and then he declines like Suarez, Messi etc and becomes a super sub
Bad scenario:
= he plays so-so for 1-2 years but we don't win anything either way
Very bad:
= he gets injured or declines right away and we get a new Pjanic/Arda

Now you'll say: you covered all options.
Not true.
Each of these 4 above could happen.
The options which 99% surely won't happen:
1. We win a CL on his back
2. We win 3 La Ligas on his back
3. Him scoring 30 La liga goals

So, I don't believe in these ultra happy scenarios.
Imo, we'll get 6-24 ok months out of him.
A new league and age will catch and finish him soon.

If we don't win La liga this year, these will be 100m (transfer plus wages) thrown sooo easily.

So, if we don't win La liga, why did we buy him?
We could have been 2nd even with Luuk and Auba and invested 100m somewhere else.

JamDav1982

So win La Liga success and not then a failure....

Avoiding making predictions as dont want to be called on it if goes wrong speaks for itself... but if he fails then will claim predicted just that.

'6-24 ok months'...so anything he does in that time will be written off and if he is poor in year three claim called it.

Textbook haverings as always.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I fell for that in the past.
I will not predict numbers.

My general sentiment is that buying 34 year old for 50m is a stupid move.
We are barely relevant in Uefa cup so Lewa won't improve us too much.

Best case scenario:
= he doesn't decline superfast and we win 2 La Ligas in the next 2 years
Average scenario:
= he plays well for 1 year and then he declines like Suarez, Messi etc and becomes a super sub
Bad scenario:
= he plays so-so for 1-2 years but we don't win anything either way
Very bad:
= he gets injured or declines right away and we get a new Pjanic/Arda

Now you'll say: you covered all options.
Not true.
Each of these 4 above could happen.
The options which 99% surely won't happen:
1. We win a CL on his back
2. We win 3 La Ligas on his back
3. Him scoring 30 La liga goals

So, I don't believe in these ultra happy scenarios.
Imo, we'll get 6-24 ok months out of him.
A new league and age will catch and finish him soon.

If we don't win La liga this year, these will be 100m (transfer plus wages) thrown sooo easily.

So, if we don't win La liga, why did we buy him?
We could have been 2nd even with Luuk and Auba and invested 100m somewhere else.

Aren't you in favor of physically dominant players, though?

This is the most "Bayern-like" player we could have gotten on the market that doesn't actually play for Bayern :lol: Also, a couple of LL is nothing to scoff at IMO. If he wins that, it's an amazing return. We have 1% shot at CL either way.

Home of Barca Fans