9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Don't put words into my mouth. Don't tell me not to talk about something which I clearly have not said. that is all I ask. I sincerely don't think it is asking too much.

My take in all this is that it is a scum bag thing to do, especially in such a huge match.

I'm not asking anyone to have sympathy for Ghana. I was just explaining to you that, the team which has all the chances and does not take enough or any of them does not always win, that is Futbol! For you to think it is fine for someone to just plain cheat because their team has played better than the other team is not something I can agree with.

What Suarez did at that precise moment is not something that I call a 'scum bag' thing. It's easy to say that when you are outside the pitch and supporting the opposite side. Hell, even Asamoah himself said he's not blaming Suarez for that as if it was the otherwise he could do that as well. It's a very simple thing to understand. I dunno why you try to make such a deal out of it. You call this 'Cheating', I call winning undeservely 'Robbery'. Now which one is worse? Who can tell?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm not saying it is a rule that it always happens. just that it happens.

and am still yet to understand the point he was making by bringing Henry up.

I'll agree, but then again I thought this discussion was about Henry from the start... not sure now ._.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ghana was the second best team for the whole match anyway. Had Uruguay been more clinical infront of the goal they had to finish off the game in 90 minutes. Justice has been served, no matter how much 'Africa's Advocates' are going to say otherwise.

Africa's Advocates - me likes this :D have to use that one someday!

Suarez is a cunt I am certainly not denying that, however he loves his nation and the rationale that he'd do whatever it takes to help Uruguay succeed, is a trait that really endears me to him.

He had the guts and the tenacity to attempt that hand ball to save his nation, he did not hide his actions and knew the consequences that Ghana would have a chance to score from the penalty anyhow but to that chance anyway and by God it paid of big time.

Also what sets his cuntishness aside from the likes of Rooney etc is that he is not trying to hide that in his game and his passion and willingness to play for his team - be it national or club level and having the bottle to succeed at the same time is fantastic.

Oh and BTW HBA the exact same thing did happen to us in the merseyside derby a few years ago. Lucas had an open goal and Phil Neville did what Suarez did and attempted to save the ball from crossing the line which he succeeded in doing. Like Suarez he was also sent off and like Ghana we got the penalty. Unlike Gyan Kuyt stuck it away, however Neville took the risk and it almost paid off because Howard was inches from saving it. However if we had missed the penalty then instead of cursing Neville I would have been cursing Kuyt.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

What Suarez did at that precise moment is not something that I call a 'scum bag' thing. It's easy to say that when you are outside the pitch and supporting the opposite side. Hell, even Asamoah himself said he's not blaming Suarez for that as if it was the otherwise he could do that as well. It's a very simple thing to understand. I dunno why you try to make such a deal out of it. You call this 'Cheating', I call winning undeservely 'Robbery'. Now which one is worse? Who can tell?

it's not just me that calls it cheating. it is Fact! it is cheating.

The worse team winning undeservedly is Futbol! it happens every now and again, that is futbol. cheating to make sure you win or don't lose because you feel you are the better team is something I will never agree with. That is just one of my scruples.

I'm not making such a big deal out of it. I was just earlier stating how I never felt such hatred towards a man after watching replays of his celebration at the miss after what he did. that is the emotion I felt. I don't call it making a big deal out of it.

speaking of 'a big deal', what Suarez did in a World Cup Quarter final in the final minutes IS a big deal.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ghana had two opportunities after that. The resulting penalty, which Gyan blazed over and the penalty shoot out which they lost.

It's not like Ghana never had an opportunity after that moment - they had 2 opportunities and blew both of them.

W

woobie

HBA, diving is cheating too. Don't see you on a crusade against that. If you just don't like Suarez? Fine, say so, move on, etc.

And a personal pet peeve of mine, I am not a fan of people who inform me of their opinion and then state it is 'FACT', whatever the topic. I know the above comment wasn't directed at me, just making a general observation. I like making up my own mind about things.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
HBA, diving is cheating too. Don't see you on a crusade against that. If you just don't like Suarez? Fine, say so, move on, etc.

And a personal pet peeve of mine, I am not a fan of people who inform me of their opinion and then state it is 'FACT', whatever the topic. I know the above comment wasn't directed at me, just making a general observation. I like making up my own mind about things.

What is your opinion of the "facts"?!

W

woobie

I'm not a particular fan of Suarez, but I don't think he should have been strung up for the handball incident. It was quite clear what he did, he took the red, Ghana had its chances, etc.

Haven't yet heard enough about the Evra thing to really have an opinion.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
There are a few players I would put in the same level of cuntness as Suarez, but what he did vs Ghana doesn't come close to contributing to that cuntness by any measure.

Coming from a person who was supporting Ghana and hoping they would achieve something for Africa that has never been achieved before...

XaviMessiGirl

I looked at this the same way after the WC and before he joined Liverpool so I don't have any bias for that reason. Yes he broke the rules of the game, but he got punished for it and took the punishment like he should have. If he would have tried to cover it up or act like he didn't do anything wrong then that would have been a different story. "Cheating" is one thing if you own up to it, but it's when people bitch and moan and act innocent after blatant cheating that makes me angry. He didn't do that.

Ventus

One of the greatest players I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. The man stayed for 2 hours after the Liverpool-Bolton game to sign autographs. Say what you want about him, but unlike the other cunt-bags, he doesn't leave fans out to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans