9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
People need to stop their delusions about our players. We have a mixture of nice guys like Iniesta and some shady characters like Busquets.

It's not a matter of reputation for me... Busquets is a saint compared to legends like Stoichkov, and we all hail him despite being one of the most hot headed players we've had...

The thing for me is, in what moment Suárez will attack again and let down the team? When will he pull another of his moves and leave us with one less player for months at a time? And on top of that having to defend him for behaving like an idiot?

There's just too much risk involved for the amount of money we are going to pay...

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Meh. It balances out considering he is like the 3rd best player in the world imo :lol:.
And again, he had a great season at Liverpool until this just happen. This isn't something he does all the time and hopefully this one really got to him. No use in sitting and waiting for it to happen again. We just need to believe in him and believe in Lucho.

#TeamSuarez

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Meh. It balances out considering he is like the 3rd best player in the world imo :lol:.
And again, he had a great season at Liverpool until this just happen. This isn't something he does all the time and hopefully this one really got to him. No use in sitting and waiting for it to happen again. We just need to believe in him and believe in Lucho.

#TeamSuarez

It's hard to believe in a repeat offender, though... It's his third time biting, and you also have to add other violent incidents as well...

And to think it evens out is debatable, because it will depend on the moment he decides to flip out... Or do you think that all the fuzz around the bite didn't affect Uruguay in this WC? In my opinion he let his country down, he is their best player and left them hanging by getting ejected of the tournament and drawing a lot of unneeded attention and drama towards them...

And to be honest, I don't want to have to go through with that in our club...

EDIT: By the way, I'm not judging the bite itself but the whole atmosphere around it... I don't think the 4 month ban is fair, and I certainly don't think all the media circus is justified, just that by signing him all of that will come in the deal and it's just too much... Every single thing he does will be inspected with a magnifying glass, and considering spanish referees and officials, I would hate to have one of our players constantly in the crosshair...

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I honestly hope he redeems himself for real at Barça. He's coming anyway, I can only hope for the best.

Pepe Silvia

Someone who has a bit of attitude and edge is exactly what we need. Someone who isn't so mild and docile. Our teams over the last few years have been tepid. I'm not saying let's go full out and get a band of butchers either, but we do need to reinforce the team with some tough characters and strong personalities, and although Suarez is an extreme case, I'm not going to start bashing the idea either. Instead I'm gonna be optimistic and hope the situation will work out with us lifting trophies. Okay the bite thing is weird, the racist comments (alleged?) is off, but let's stop pretending we are perfect, because we sound ridiculous talking like that. Anyway I'm done. Most of you guys preaching high morals are depressing and I'm going to stay excited! Visca Barca.

Last edited:
V

voodoomaster

Someone who has a bit of attitude and edge is exactly what we need. Someone who isn't so mild and docile. Our teams over the last few years have been tepid. I'm not saying let's go full out and get a band of butchers either, but we do need to reinforce the team with some tough characters and strong personalities, and although Suarez is an extreme case, I'm not going to start bashing the idea either. Instead I'm gonna be optimistic and hope the situation will work out with us lifting trophies. Okay the bite thing is weird, the racist comments (alleged?) is off, but let's stop pretending we are perfect, because we sound ridiculous talking like that. Anyway I'm done. Most of you guys preaching high morals are depressing and I'm going to stay excited! Visca Barca.

Very good post. People here must stop riding the high horse.

Galning

AgenciaNews is as reliable as that predicting World Cup camel. Please don't post "news" from that random Twitter account. Moving on.

Lionheart

He´s done it three times, the guy obviously needs help from a psychiatrist. If nothing is done with this biting problem of his, he´s bound to do that or something similar again in the future, and then he might be out for a whole season. I´m not sure if Lucho could tame this guy.

If we do sign him, I guess we all have to support him and pray he doesn´t make a fool of himself or more importantly, our club.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
(When) If we sign him then we better pray that his ban gets reduced. It would benefit us immensely. I'm talking just a month or so. Would be huge for us and the team, especially because Neymar is out now.

Also I was looking through earlier pages of this thread....holy shit :lol:! It's like another Ibra thread back there. Some hilarious stuff really.
Man I miss some of those posters T__T....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans