7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

serghei

If he keep shitting the bed until the summer we've gotta think about it. Perhaps try to bait him to PSG. I don't see Coutinho returning to England with Liverpool being so good as they are. Would be a massive career failure for him and it will follow him.

Or maybe he does something to show what he's made of. CL games is a good opportunity to show his real face.

clemente

And somehow Alena who played 0 minutes in autumn is practically your most consistent positive midfielder.

This ain't the manager. Only players being pussies expecting to be catered to and patted on the back when they miss a sitter or their flick doesn't work. Coutinho is a good talent, but totally inadaptable. He plays like a celebrity that wants to hog it and feel like the most or the second most important player on the team. Dude needs to wake up and realise where he is.

Because if Coutinho was only 21 he also wouldn't care that much if he got benched for no reason.

serghei

Yea [MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION], a lot of players are like that. Being a footballer has gotten a bit too comfortable.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Wolfe nailed it. Coutinho plays like he's the second best player in the team after Messi, and his body language screams "I'm too good for this shit" after every lost ball. His lack of fighting spirit is a real disappointment.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yet Dembele who has been attacked by the press 24/7 since he moved here and had a rough start with injuries and Valverde benching him for Gomes and Paulinho is starting to do so well and fighting out there.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's not even just that he is bad so I want to sell him. It's that even if he was good, I just don't want to shift and restructure the system to fit his style of play, because it is largely incompatible. There's no room to play him and every one of our projected starters Dembele/Arthur/FDJ look like a way better fit.

Even if Coutinho were in stellar form right now, I would still think we'd be better off selling him (as long as Dembele and Arthur were still playing like they have been). No matter how good he is he's a problem, because he is not complementary at all. He's like a budget Messi with severe consistency issues and position struggles that are likely to be permanent.

El Gato

Villarato!
Because if Coutinho was only 21 he also wouldn't care that much if he got benched for no reason.

Oh diddums lol.

This is exactly why the type of player like him or Isco start failing and are absent for MONTHS. Adapt, evolve, use your strengths (i.e. close control) for other purposes in your team. Isco would be fucking killing it in Madrid in autumn if only he was used in Modrić position, because he simply cannot finish. But he wants to play high up the pitch and occasionally come deep to drag the ball himself for no reason. Di Maria didn't have an issue and is often a very underrated attacker in many formations where he doesn't exactly fit in as a winger. Because he adapts to his team's needs.

Cou has a lot to sacrifice if he wants to stay in this team. A lot.

Jakabor

I dont care how this cocksucker plays for his NT.

Using the manager or system as excuses for him not even being able to handle the basics of football is fucking asinine.

Fuck off Coutinho! Fuck off to Paris and Neymar!

We would have had a decent chance down one goal. Sevilla will score an away goal. Barca need 4 then!

FCBfan22

His biggest achievement this season was lighting fire under Dembele's arse (who was benched for him, mainly because of Cou's name).

serghei

Well, worst case scenario is we sell him, take a 30-40m. loss and that's it, move on. It's worse for Coutinho though, as he'll probably end up at a lesser club than Liverpool.

Home of Barca Fans