7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Pfmpd1

So no news on the deadline passing.

Take it Coutinho stays then?

As a liverpool fan ive read this post and thought id like to add to it.

FSG said not for sale, and Barca board offer 16m per season plus unrealistic addons.

Where has the neymar money and your original budget for transfers gone? Talking 300m euros.

And your offering 16m for coutinho?

And then try the hard approach of a deadline for that derisory offer. How would barca board like an offer like that for messi? Fingers crossed city do go mental and trigger messis release clause!

Page_Moss_Kopite

Bottom line, Barca's rep has diminished because they couldn't keep one of their best players, LFC are now showing(not only)how to repel an offer for a player that is wanted, contracted and loved, but also showing that Barca need to either move into the real world and pay up front or watch Real sail off into the sunset.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's the late timing, disruption and a lack of basic respect, enough players have moved to Barca before with no hassle.

Both Dembele and Coutinho have had their heads turned after their respective clubs clearly stated not for sale. Fine, bid again, to the club. The dirty tricks department is not acceptable. Dembele has fled to France and Coutinho "has a bad back" after someone has got in their ear.

I didn't like the van Dyke approach much either, though it's not clear exactly what went on. At least LFC backed off when asked.

I find it a bit hypocritical that Barca screamed like a baby when PSG legally activated a release clause and paid up in full, only for Barca to become all self righteous over being turned away regarding a player that has no such clause, and offering five years of instalments with mad add-ons that will never come to fruition. At least offer the money largely up front if he is actually worth it to you.

It then all becomes about what the player wants and ignoring contracts in the minds of Barca fans. Cake and eat it springs to mind.

Meanwhile, other clubs are left to deal with the mess you leave behind.

Late timing? Well, we were screwed by PSG, didn't we? We have a big hole to fill that's why we are pursuing those players we are pursuing right now. What would you have done differently? Say, oh, it is late in the window, let's not disrupt other clubs and just eat our loss? Really?

Disruption is naturally caused by clubs showing interest in players that other clubs have, again, what would you have done differently? Backing off? Lack of respect? The only thing that can be considered lack of respect is the alleged ultimatum. If that thing was made up, then I don't see anything wrong that FC Barcelona has done by showing interest in wanting certain players. Did we instruct Coutinho to claim to have back problems and Dembele to miss training? Proof?

Of course Barca fans are partial just like any other football or sport fans. Of course you will not see Barca fans condemning the behavior of those two one after another right on on this Barca forum, would you say your Liverpool fans would have reacted differently in this regard? I doubt it.

Sorry, we were screwed by Neymar/PSG and it is our natural responsibility to seek out players before the end of the window. Now you have every rights to refuse to sell and I hope you do keep him in the end.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bottom line, Barca's rep has diminished because they couldn't keep one of their best players, LFC are now showing(not only)how to repel an offer for a player that is wanted, contracted and loved, but also showing that Barca need to either move into the real world and pay up front or watch Real sail off into the sunset.

How much do you guys want for him?

runthenwalk

Liverpool can't pass over the group stage CL , even you creep in the middle of the table . Since Coutinho is playing in premiership , he has not seen Brazilian national team . Besides , Coutinho wants to be a Barca player :)

Late timing? Well, we were screwed by PSG, didn't we? We have a big hole to fill that's why we are pursuing those players we are pursuing right now. What would you have done differently? Say, oh, it is late in the window, let's not disrupt other clubs and just eat our loss? Really?

Disruption is naturally caused by clubs showing interest in players that other clubs have, again, what would you have done differently? Backing off? Lack of respect? The only thing that can be considered lack of respect is the alleged ultimatum. If that thing was made up, then I don't see anything wrong that FC Barcelona has done by showing interest in wanting certain players. Did we instruct Coutinho to claim to have back problems and Dembele to miss training? Proof?

Of course Barca fans are partial just like any other football or sport fans. Of course you will not see Barca fans condemning the behavior of those two one after another right on on this Barca forum, would you say your Liverpool fans would have reacted differently in this regard? I doubt it.

Sorry, we were screwed by Neymar/PSG and it is our natural responsibility to seek out players before the end of the window. Now you have every rights to refuse to sell and I hope you do keep him in the end.

Specifically encouraging players to rebel openly against their clubs and disregard their contracts after your first offer is refused is not the same as continuing to bid to the club.

You weren't screwed by PSG, they took advantage of a legally binding get out clause agreed in your contract with Neymar. Coutinho does not have such a clause, LFC have stated not for sale, Barca have been asked not to bid again. Of course you may do so if you choose, hopefully it will be to the club and not encouragement to rebel to the player.

If you truly wanted Coutinho, you would bid sensible money up front just as PSG did for Neymar and you would probably have moved for him before now.

For what it's worth, given how badly Barca say they want him, I would say £150m up front or forget it. That's a bit more Neymar like. And no, he is not worth that to you, but he is with more than £80m plus pie in the sky add-ons to us and he is our player.

Whenever Barca bid for players under contract and are told no, they don't simply bid again, carnage follows, players strike or even leave the country, Barca players are all over the media encouraging players to come even though those players are under contract to other clubs who have said no. It's as though if Barca can't have what it wants it makes damn sure it destroys all in its wake.

Are you really comfortable with that type of conduct? I know how it makes Barca look, and you are better than that.

Liverpool can't pass over the group stage CL , even you creep in the middle of the table . Since Coutinho is playing in premiership , he has not seen Brazilian national team . Besides , Coutinho wants to be a Barca player :)

Then he should not have happily signed for Liverpool for five years on much better wages in January. Nobody forced him. Sometimes it's about our contracted commitments and responsibilities, not what we want when something new comes along. If Real come in for Messi tomorrow and he decides he wants to go, no matter that Real don't meet your valuation, would you let him?

Can't pass the CL group stage in your opinion. The CL has nothing to do with this, however, with the likes of Umtiti, Paulinho and Deufelou in your side, I wouldn't get too confident yourselves, but that is precicely why you need our players! You kid yourselves that you are so much better than other teams but don't consider why. Maybe it's because you buy your way to glory. Yes you used to have a good academy, but if you have your way you will soon have three LFC players in the spine of 'your' team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well EPL fans are generally clueless about other teams anyway. Most of them, not all obviously.

They live in their own bubble where the Matips, Valencias are the best CB and RBs in the World and think they're the best.....until they get absolutely fucked in European competitions.

Then he should not have happily signed for Liverpool for five years on much better wages in January. Nobody forced him. Sometimes it's about our contracted commitments and responsibilities, not what we want when something new comes along. If Real come in for Messi tomorrow and he decides he wants to go, no matter that Real don't meet your valuation, would you let him?

Can't pass the CL group stage in your opinion. The CL has nothing to do with this, however, with the likes of Umtiti, Paulinho and Deufelou in your side, I wouldn't get too confident yourselves, but that is precicely why you need our players! You kid yourselves that you are so much better than other teams but don't consider why. Maybe it's because you buy your way to glory. Yes you used to have a good academy, but if you have your way you will soon have three LFC players in the spine of 'your' team.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Umtiti has got to be the most underrated player in the world.

gasgas

At this point I lost all respect for you

Glad you all rate him so highly. He hasn't looked particularly great this pre-season but I will gladly defer to your knowledge of your player as you have surely seen more of him and will continue to do so.

At least your global horror at my inclusion of Umtiti has conveniently also allowed you to deflect from and ignore all the points that I made about the subject in hand. It certainly says nothing of my credibility in that respect. Speaks volumes though.

jairzinho

The same player that is wanted, contracted and loved has handed in a transfer request and moving heaven and earth to join the same club that supposedly has had it's reputation diminished. Interesting isn't it?

Home of Barca Fans