7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

blaugrana1987

Its impossible because no one with brain would accept 5x16m £ and fucking bdor variable.

Had they actually put 100m cash on table and 20m in number of games variable, we would have gotten him.

Donga el Trojan

Late timing? Well, we were screwed by PSG, didn't we? We have a big hole to fill that's why we are pursuing those players we are pursuing right now. What would you have done differently? Say, oh, it is late in the window, let's not disrupt other clubs and just eat our loss? Really?

Disruption is naturally caused by clubs showing interest in players that other clubs have, again, what would you have done differently? Backing off? Lack of respect? The only thing that can be considered lack of respect is the alleged ultimatum. If that thing was made up, then I don't see anything wrong that FC Barcelona has done by showing interest in wanting certain players. Did we instruct Coutinho to claim to have back problems and Dembele to miss training? Proof?

Of course Barca fans are partial just like any other football or sport fans. Of course you will not see Barca fans condemning the behavior of those two one after another right on on this Barca forum, would you say your Liverpool fans would have reacted differently in this regard? I doubt it.

Sorry, we were screwed by Neymar/PSG and it is our natural responsibility to seek out players before the end of the window. Now you have every rights to refuse to sell and I hope you do keep him in the end.

And you screwed Liverpool over Suarez three years ago too (and instructed masch to go on strike to get a transfer back in 2010). And yes, had you any respect you'd have offered £100m cash and reasonable add ons two weeks ago, and you'd have him now and Liverpool would have time to buy a replacement. But you think you're still it, and that you could get Ford and dembele, and on the never-never, even though you have £200m in the bank. But, given your astronomical debts, maybe the banks have got first dibs on the Neymar cash.

You're fucked.

Chong Li

Ok, Coutinho isn't coming and I approve this 100%

Since this matter has been settled, can all these new and funny Liverpool fans now kindly fuck off and leave this board again?

Thank you

Chong Li

And you screwed Liverpool over Suarez three years ago too (and instructed masch to go on strike to get a transfer back in 2010). And yes, had you any respect you'd have offered £100m cash and reasonable add ons two weeks ago, and you'd have him now and Liverpool would have time to buy a replacement. But you think you're still it, and that you could get Ford and dembele, and on the never-never, even though you have £200m in the bank. But, given your astronomical debts, maybe the banks have got first dibs on the Neymar cash.

You're fucked.

You have Lovren.

Givenchy

Fuck, Now were gonna sign Di Maria for 70 fuckin million.

yup

lose Neymar to PSG. lowball the fuck out of Dortmund and Liverpool signing neither Dembele or Coutinho.. end up panic buying a player PSG want rid of in Di Maria so they can fund the Mbappe transfer.. the only thing left is for us to meet them in the CL with Neymar dicking us :lol:

i don't want that ratfaced donkey anywhere near our club, heck i rather use Deulofeu and wait 1 season if thats the case.

at the start of this summer my fear was for Messi and us giving him a worthy midfield for his twilight years, now MSN is no more it really exposes how average the rest of the squad is

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Specifically encouraging players to rebel openly against their clubs and disregard their contracts after your first offer is refused is not the same as continuing to bid to the club.

You weren't screwed by PSG, they took advantage of a legally binding get out clause agreed in your contract with Neymar. Coutinho does not have such a clause, LFC have stated not for sale, Barca have been asked not to bid again. Of course you may do so if you choose, hopefully it will be to the club and not encouragement to rebel to the player.

If you truly wanted Coutinho, you would bid sensible money up front just as PSG did for Neymar and you would probably have moved for him before now.

For what it's worth, given how badly Barca say they want him, I would say £150m up front or forget it. That's a bit more Neymar like. And no, he is not worth that to you, but he is with more than £80m plus pie in the sky add-ons to us and he is our player.

Whenever Barca bid for players under contract and are told no, they don't simply bid again, carnage follows, players strike or even leave the country, Barca players are all over the media encouraging players to come even though those players are under contract to other clubs who have said no. It's as though if Barca can't have what it wants it makes damn sure it destroys all in its wake.

Are you really comfortable with that type of conduct? I know how it makes Barca look, and you are better than that.
What type of conduct? Do you have any proof that Barca explicitly or implicitly encourage those players to rebell against their current clubs?

So Liverpool told us not to bid again? You can simply say no to every offer we put forward, what is the problem? You can simply tell Coutinho that no matter how much Barca offers he is staying, just kill off his hope for good, what is the problem?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Then he should not have happily signed for Liverpool for five years on much better wages in January. Nobody forced him. Sometimes it's about our contracted commitments and responsibilities, not what we want when something new comes along. If Real come in for Messi tomorrow and he decides he wants to go, no matter that Real don't meet your valuation, would you let him?

Can't pass the CL group stage in your opinion. The CL has nothing to do with this, however, with the likes of Umtiti, Paulinho and Deufelou in your side, I wouldn't get too confident yourselves, but that is precicely why you need our players! You kid yourselves that you are so much better than other teams but don't consider why. Maybe it's because you buy your way to glory. Yes you used to have a good academy, but if you have your way you will soon have three LFC players in the spine of 'your' team.

We still have a good academy.

khaled_a_d

You're fucked.

We didn't screw Liverpool for Suarez, he was the 3rd most expensive player in the world when most of those were 24 or younger usually and he was older than that, had the ban and bad reputation all over him after the biting accident. Never mind you promised him to leave in 2014 after he wanted out a year earlier.
And we didn't instruct Mascherano to strik, ICYMI Mascherano (like many latin player) hated England and his wife wanted out no matter what, he was between us and Inter (because of Benitez) but at the end we made best offer.
And tbh I am not sure why you guys would hate our offer, hey we are giving you offers you can refuse, I think most fans will like their player to stay put and don't care about money in their owner pockets. Never mind the fact that Coutinho while being great player isn't worth 100M even in this market, never mind cash which no one pay unless it is a buyout.

Specifically encouraging players to rebel openly against their clubs and disregard their contracts after your first offer is refused is not the same as continuing to bid to the club.

Do you have any evidence on that? Or you are just spouting media bs?
Because no disrespect, Dembele is a player who has done what he has done before. Is a 20 year old player who is Barca fan but rejected us last year to move to BVB so he can ready when time is right. It is pretty understandable that he is fuming right now and he will act that by himself. As for Coutinho your coach himself said he is injured,all your media kept talking about how professional he is and only when he made a transfer request your media made us the evil and we are asking him to rebel.

Sorry man, but the whole thing seem like your clubs are just trying to make us the evil "just in case" anything happen.

Whenever Barca bid for players under contract and are told no, they don't simply bid again, carnage follows, players strike or even leave the country, Barca players are all over the media encouraging players to come even though those players are under contract to other clubs who have said no. It's as though if Barca can't have what it wants it makes damn sure it destroys all in its wake.

Are you really comfortable with that type of conduct? I know how it makes Barca look, and you are better than that.

who left the country? Dembele? He told bvb he was going to Paris and they knew that, it isn't like he moved without their knowledge, and again he is one with history of that.
So yeah, since there is not a single fact to support your argument, I am fairly comfortable with how we treat other clubs.
Sure there are some stupid folks in the board like Segura and Barto who can't keep their mouth shut (and that is more related to take fans pressure than transfer strategy). But overall I don't see us treating clubs wrong. There is nothing like an insulting offer, there is an offer and you have the right to accept or reject it

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans