7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

FinBarcelonafan

Lets see. I doubt anyone is willing to pay 100m for Coutinho if he continues like this.

One bad season is not going to change the fact he was great in Premier League for years and in the World Cup. He has quality, everyone knows that. This is just mental problem.

Donatello

One bad season is not going to change the fact he was great in Premier League for years and in the World Cup. He has quality, everyone knows that. This is just mental problem.

Pogba is a very good example, shows how big of a difference a shift in system can make.

Coutinho was a top player in EPL, no one doubts his quality, he hasn't fulfilled expectations because he doesn't fit in the way we play.

Jombi

Cesc was also great in the Premier League. World Cup is meaningless. Thats just a couple of games in the middle of the summer against lots of segunda level players.

PhilS

Most offensive players run hot or cold. Coutinho has a lot of experience, I expect him to make a good effort to turn things around. Might work, might not. Unless his performance improves over the next few months, I'm sure he'll go elsewhere before next season. Lots of teams will bid for him, for a lot less than the price Barca paid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hopefully Valverde won't bench Dembele to treat poor Coutinho to a free ride in the team like his former puppy project Gomes.

serghei

Could be him not wanting to throw Dembele in right after his injury. Let's see. I usually wouldn't give Valverde the benefit of doubt, but I'll do it here.

More like him using Dembele's injury, for which he's recovered 100%, to not get too much heat for benching him.

Then he'll probably bench him vs Lyon too, and say he didn't have time to get back into match rythm.

How is playing 2 games in 3 days (Valladolid and Lyon) good for a player who's been injured?

serghei

Should've started today, rested vs Valladolid and played maybe 20 mins or so, and started vs Lyon. Coutinho should've started in midfield with Rakitic on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans