7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

MTL_Barca

I don't think we want to sell, would result in too big of a loss because we'd probably not get anywhere near the 160M we paid for him.

He has quality, so we will give him another season to show it. If he still struggles to be a starter we will probably have to take the bullet and sell for peanuts (compared to his transfer fee) to fund a new starter for offense.

Leo_98cro

Cou must get some CM minutes in Arthurs abscence...absolutely must! So we can see does he have any kind of future here or should be sold in summer

EdmondDantes

Valverde said he's considering Alena, Vidal but also Coutinho for the spot during Arthur's absence.

There's his last chance, probably not tomorrow but along those 3/4 weeks.

EdmondDantes

Yup. He just said that.

[tw]1094267375665537024[/tw]

I'm never trusting Mundo Deportivo's press conference quotes again. I ended up catching Ernesto's press conference in video and they report 50% of what he says. They left the Coutinho bit out.

-

As for Coutinho, I know he doesn't seem right psychologically but, either deliver or find a more suitable club in the summer.

Givenchy

expecting him to step up and play like a 160mil player will just lead to disappointment as Coutinho is and never will be a 160million euro player

maybe the market is that crazy but for me, when you're paying 100mil+ for a player its not just to be another cog in the system, its for a player you build a team around for now/the future

FinBarcelonafan

expecting him to step up and play like a 160mil player will just lead to disappointment as Coutinho is and never will be a 160million euro player

maybe the market is that crazy but for me, when you're paying 100mil+ for a player its not just to be another cog in the system, its for a player you build a team around for now/the future

He was never going to be the main man.

Leo_Messi

He should be playing for his future until the end of the season. If he continues his absolutely pathetic level of football and likewise bad attitude and body language he should be shown the door this summer and be sold to the highest bidder. As quick as possible.

It is rather "amazing" that you as a fan have zero confidence in a potentially €160 million purchase like him. He was supposed to be a huge difference maker and his transfer fee certainly signaled that. Instead we have a less mobile and worse version of Rafinha with half of the will to fight and a much worse body language.

He simply HAS to bounce back and show that he is supposedly a world class player.

Lastly it was about DAMN TIME that the local media started calling his pathetic level out. They have been extremely quit until now. Let us not even compare their pathetic witch-hunt against Dembélé who is in another galaxy performance wise compared to Coutinho.

Riordon

Considering the money we have spent during the couple of years I dont think we have been succesfull in replacing the teams old guard. Man, we could have got 2-3 players for that Coutinho money.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Considering the money we have spent during the couple of years I dont think we have been succesfull in replacing the teams old guard. Man, we could have got 2-3 players for that Coutinho money.

We can still sell him and Rakitic for a combined fee of about 150m and buy 3 players to replace them.

Home of Barca Fans