7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Givenchy

How about a swap deal Coutinho for Hazard?!
Hazard is much better but next summer he will only have one year left in his contract if he doesn't renew and Coutinho was a great player in the premiere league and is younger than Hazard. Hazard is probably the closest player to Iniesta in terms of style but is a better goal scorer and would suit the team much better than Coutinho.

Hazard is a winger though and would play at LW where we already have Dembele

5ergio_Busquets

Hazard and Iniesta are night and day...

They have a very similar dribbling style, are great a keeping the ball and play in a similar position, why do you think they are so different?
Iniesta is better at defending and controlling the game but Hazard as previously said is a much better goal scorer.

FCBfan22

They have a very similar dribbling style, are great a keeping the ball and play in a similar position, why do you think they are so different?
Iniesta is better at defending and controlling the game but Hazard as previously said is a much better goal scorer.

One is a scorer and another is a playmaker. One is a winger and one a CM.

5ergio_Busquets

Hazard is a winger though and would play at LW where we already have Dembele

I think he could adapt to a midfield role much easier and faster than Coutinho.
Also him being a great winger, unlike Coutinho, allows the option of playing Hazard Messi Dembele upfront, imagine a counter attack with those three!

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Hazard for Coutinho is stupid, Unless they're willing to pay on top.
I also don't think it would Be effective unless we go to a 4231 and play Messi as the cam with hazard on the left and Dembele. On the right. That only, Leaves 2 places in cm though.

Also Lol at people thinking he played well. The double standards here are absurd from some people.

xXKonan

Valverde's system isn't great obviously but even if he isn't completely suited at the LW spot for us I think Coutinho could be better in a number of aspects than what he has shown this season.

He lacks pace but I don't think that should always be some detrimental to him. He should be finding ways to make up for some of his weaker aspects and using his strengths to his advantage which helps him and helps the team.

Instead, we are getting a Coutinho who cannot pass the ball when needed, has a tendency to dribble into people which leads to losing the ball too easily and when he gets outside the area his first instinct is to just blast it.

Part of it comes down to how weak the System is and how the lack of off the ball movement makes things harder for things to be accomplished. The other part is the player himself just not using his head enough in some instances and he thinks trying to be a one man army is going to get us somewhere.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Playing a lot better then last game. But I feel this front line doesn't really put fear into their backline because of the lack of pace. Was really hoping he'd be put in midfield with Arthur today.

Home of Barca Fans