7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

serghei

Can't blame him for playing worse when moving from Klopp to Valverde. Even if he plays with better players. Manager is key and this is no secret. Or shouldn't be at least. Still needs to fight more and show more spirit, even if the tactics are dross.

Last edited:

Danic

He was so much better last season when he just arrived.

Which is a golden example how players develop under valverde.... People should stop ignoring this obvious fact.
Coutinho is getting worse, Pique is getting worse, Dembele wont develop, Semedo wont develop, Lenglet struggles. This whole system/tactis is a mess. Hell there is no real system, no gameplan, no power, no will, no speed and so on.
After x years i almost stop to be excited for Barcelona games...

Danic

He was so much better last season when he just arrived.

Which is a golden example how players develop under valverde.... People should stop ignoring this obvious fact.
Coutinho is getting worse, Pique is getting worse, Dembele wont develop, Semedo wont develop, Lenglet struggles, Arthur is great but wont develop(mark my words). This whole system/tactis is a mess. Hell there is no real system, no gameplan, no power, no will, no speed and so on.
After x years i almost stop to be excited for Barcelona games...

Ascom

I hate to admit but yes, it was a bad buy and we will lose Money.
He is an insane player, he was by far the best in brazil world cup but he doesn't fit our system. He is not a winger and he can't play in our midfielder, he would unbalance even more the team since he defends badly.

Nothanks

i liked him best when we had him, dembele and jordi alba destroying the left flank together, made our right side weaker but it was very deadly.

Mitchell1978

A lot of people run to conclusions way to quickly here, a player has a couple of bad or mediocre games and he's either declining or a bad buy.
Both Coutinho and Dembele are phenomenal talents but they have their issues. Dembele is young, inconsistent, sometimes undesciplined etc but thas tremendous game changing abilities.
Maybe the biggest issue with Coutinho is that he's a phenomenal football player but is somewhat limited physically.

Calidad

I’ve said this repeatedly, we will not see the best of Coutinho until he plays regularly as an AM. Playing him on the LW does not allow him to play to all his strengths and limits his game.

Unfortunately Valverde’s cowardice won’t allow that to happen, as he’d rather make the midfield as defensive as possible. This despite having a poor defensive record this season anyway.

Jombi

I’ve said this repeatedly, we will not see the best of Coutinho until he plays regularly as an AM. Playing him on the LW does not allow him to play to all his strengths and limits his game.

Unfortunately Valverde’s cowardice won’t allow that to happen, as he’d rather make the midfield as defensive as possible. This despite having a poor defensive record this season anyway.

He's certainly not going to use all his strengths as a midfielder in a 3-man midfield for us. We knew his strengths and weaknesses very well before he joined. Its not a surprise. There is a reason why every coach he has played under has played him mostly as a left forward. Its not because Valverde is a coward. It has nothing to do with Valverde.

Last edited:

Calidad

He's certainly not going to use all his strengths as a midfielder in a 3-man midfield for us. We knew his strengths and weaknesses very well before he joined. Its not a surprise. There is a reason why every coach he has played under has played him mostly as a left forward. Its not because Valverde is a coward. It has nothing to do with Valverde.

So why does he play in a midfield 3 for Brazil?

And why were Liverpool (inc the fans) so desperate to bring in Fekir (as a midfield) replacement for Coutinho, and still are?

Jombi

So why does he play in a midfield 3 for Brazil?

And why were Liverpool (inc the fans) so desperate to bring in Fekir (as a midfield) replacement for Coutinho, and still are?

He mostly played on the left or right forward for Brazil and mostly as left forward for Liverpool. But Neymar plays as left forward for Brazil, which forces Tite to play him as midfielder now. Liverpool fans are obviously happy with Sane and Salah so they dont need someone there. Fekir behind Sane, Salah and Firmino? It would mess up their system. They dodged a bullet there.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans