7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

soul24rage

I give him the benefit of the doubt as it's his first game since the injury and he doesn't have the game rhythm yet. He should have been a sub and brought in like the 60 min. to build up his rhythm.

shadows

I give him the benefit of the doubt as it's his first game since the injury and he doesn't have the game rhythm yet. He should have been a sub and brought in like the 60 min. to build up his rhythm.

well there are a few favorite players of the coach ..All they need to show is proof of being able to walk..and they play the entire match..What is this "sub" thing you speak of? :valverde:

FCBfan22

BTW, I rewatched the higlights. WTF is with his positioning? He doesn't know how to play in the box. There were at least 3 times when he could run to 2nd poat to get at the end of a Dembele cross (like Malcom did), but he is just staying at the top of the box doing nothing. He should at least make a CB cover him to make more space for Leo.

And he is shooting from everywhere. We could score 2-3 goals yesterday, if he just passed to the player next to him.

George_Costanza

I remember I had many arguments with [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION], telling him Coutinho is good but not worth more than 90m.

Come on Jamdav, I know you are reading this, what say you?

Under different system and manager, Coutinho could do very well but not at this current Barca.

cro-man

He is too slow for being a winger and is too attack minded for a midfielder. Right now he is all about his distance shots. Where does he fit? This does remind a bit of the time we bought fabregas. Of course i see coutinho as a much better player but its almost the same situation.

Raketa10

BTW, I rewatched the higlights. WTF is with his positioning? He doesn't know how to play in the box. There were at least 3 times when he could run to 2nd poat to get at the end of a Dembele cross (like Malcom did), but he is just staying at the top of the box doing nothing. He should at least make a CB cover him to make more space for Leo.

And he is shooting from everywhere. We could score 2-3 goals yesterday, if he just passed to the player next to him.

He is not a winger simple as that. He was much better last season when he played as LM.

xXKonan

When you look at this season so far and despite little criticism, he's getting from the Media and some of the fans and IMO he hasn't been as good as Dembele has this season despite the shithousery surrounding Dembele.

Dembele has a number of flaws and Coutinho is more elegant of the two but despite that, when you watch both on the field Dembele is more likely to pull something out of his ass than Coutinho, who could look decent for a good 50 mins but trail off massively in that LW role.

Coutinho, I wouldn't consider a bad buy yet, but it's clear that if we are going to get the best out of him we are going to need a much more progressive manager. A number of players in this squad can benefit from a progressive manager as well.

MTL_Barca

Considering Cou is a 26yo 150M "proven world class" player he was a bit underwhelming in a lot of games since he arrived here.

But like with our other offensive players thats also partly down to Valverde, i'd imagine every attacker we have would look better if you just add him to like ManCity for example.

To get the best out of him we will need to find a way to utilize him as something different than just a late Neymar replacement or part of Ernies 4-4-2

Jombi

Most of his games for both Brazil and Liverpool has been as left forward (or sometimes right forward for Brazil). Even before he joined Liverpool, he played mostly that position. When every manager he has played under plays him as left forward, I dont think we can use that as the reason for his performance for us.

Devils

Breaking News: Even world class players don't look great playing in a completely broken and ineffective system.

Jombi

Breaking News: Even world class players don't look great playing in a completely broken and ineffective system.

Coutinho is certainly a big part of that system. He needs to step up his game. Arthur is looking like a better player than him. We should expect more from Coutinho.

Home of Barca Fans