7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he was great as a midfielder. Didn't do anything bad in the 2nd half IMO. Just that the level of all his team mates dropped. Still had some good actions and almost another goal.

M

MessiCam

That one goal is more influential than anything Messi did and Messi also fluffed his lines when had that chance.

No he wasnt and that would be Messi who missed a pen and you claimed had 'fallen asleep'.

Yip always be the great defender for Coutinho when morons claim Denis is on same level.

Barcas second best player by far.
Levels...

M

MessiCam

I think he was great as a midfielder. Didn't do anything bad in the 2nd half IMO. Just that the level of all his team mates dropped. Still had some good actions and almost another goal.

Why do you say that? I think his passing was way too safe when Brazil were chasing the win. He didn’t have a bad game though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why do you say that? I think his passing was way too safe when Brazil were chasing the win. He didn’t have a bad game though.

I think some of that is due to Neymar taking so much of the ball slowing up the play all the time. Hard to start a move or play an incisive pass when he's the deepest midfielder at times too with Paulinho and Casemiro roaming forward all the time.

He still made some good moves and moved the ball forward whenever he could. Tried to get into position to receive the ball back in a better position to make an impact offensively only for Neymar to dribble it out of play........

I think he could be great as an AM with a CM like Pjanic playing deeper with Busquets. That way we won't have to carry Rakitic in a 4-3-3 and can play Dembele too, because Suarez is certainly going to start every single game he can.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

I think some of that is due to Neymar taking so much of the ball slowing up the play all the time. Hard to start a move or play an incisive pass when he's the deepest midfielder at times too with Paulinho and Casemiro roaming forward all the time.
I actually think Neymar was rather quiet and well shepherded. Coutinho saw a lot of the ball but didn’t advance it enough... I agree on Casemiro. He does that shit for Madrid too. As for Paulinho they use him as a runner so I think it’s unfair to criticise his movements for Brazil.

He still made some good moves and moved the ball forward whenever he could. Tried to get into position to receive the ball back in a better position to make an impact offensively only for Neymar to dribble it out of play........
I think the passes were too safe and blaming Neymar’s protagonism for it a bit weak.

I think he could be great as an AM with a CM like Pjanic playing deeper with Busquets. That way we won't have to carry Rakitic in a 4-3-3 and can play Dembele too, because Suarez is certainly going to start every single game he can.
I think he is better as a forward where he doesn’t have to concern himself with what you described above but I don’t see what other choice Barça have but to play him in midfield with Suarez still around. Still not convinced about his ability to play in midfield, especially for Barça, but I also think it would be lazy not to try him there.

Senador Romario

I actually think Neymar was rather quiet and well shepherded. Coutinho saw a lot of the ball but didn’t advance it enough... I agree on Casemiro. He does that shit for Madrid too. As for Paulinho they use him as a runner so I think it’s unfair to criticise his movements for Brazil.

I think the passes were too safe and blaming Neymar’s protagonism for it a bit weak.

I think he is better as a forward where he doesn’t have to concern himself with what you described above but I don’t see what other choice Barça have but to play him in midfield with Suarez still around. Still not convinced about his ability to play in midfield, especially for Barça, but I also think it would be lazy not to try him there.

So, you realize that Coutinho is a Barcelona player and not a rival of Messi, right? I mean, how childish someone needs to be to create a rivaltry between Barca players? This is a thing that a FANBOY will do, not a Barca supporter.

And why are you comparing Coutinho performance with Messi against different opposition? There is someone in the galaxy claiming they are players of the same level?

M

MessiCam

So, you realize that Coutinho is a Barcelona player and not a rival of Messi, right? I mean, how childish someone needs to be to create a rivaltry between Barca players? This is a thing that a FANBOY will do, not a Barca supporter.

And why are you comparing Coutinho performance with Messi against different opposition? There is someone in the galaxy claiming they are players of the same level?
I’m not comparing Messi to Coutinho. That would be stupid... I’m pointing out the fickle nature of the fans that have made him public enemy number 1. Doesn’t do enough in CL, doesn’t run enough, weak mentality etc etc but when all’s said and done nobody consistently influences games more than he does but he gets ***** on this board, penalty aside, for being better in just about every aspect.

As a comparison a big stink was made last night on this very board about Messi and Argentina for a draw despite playing against a deep block and yet he was still the best player on the pitch but the likes of Neymar and Coutinho get praise for being arguably worse in a much more open game.

I can’t deal with that sort of stupidity.

Joan

I’m not comparing Messi to Coutinho. That would be stupid... I’m pointing out the fickle nature of the fans that have made him public enemy number 1. Doesn’t do enough in CL, doesn’t run enough, weak mentality etc etc but when all’s said and done nobody consistently influences games more than he does but he gets ***** on this board, penalty aside, for being better in just about every aspect.

As a comparison a big stink was made last night on this very board about Messi and Argentina for a draw despite playing against a deep block and yet he was still the best player on the pitch but the likes of Neymar and Coutinho get praise for being arguably worse in a much more open game.

You are overreacting here. Where did Neymar get praise? He's been criticized like everybody else. But, he's not our player anymore so nobody cares as much. Coutinho was motm.

People on this board support Messi, support Argentina even though we have nothing in common with them. And if there are emotional reactions, that's because people care. I didn't criticize him yesterday, but people want Leo to win. Want him to outperform Ronaldo. When he fails, and he does from time to time, they go out and criticize. Not because they hate Messi, but because they love him.

Givenchy

missing out on Griezmann is a freaking blessing in disguise y'all. Dembele-Messi-Coutinho with Phil cutting in, next season he'll be huge for us

JamDav1982

Level of stupidity is to claim that Messi was better v Iceland than Coutinho was today.

Messi had eleven shots and missed a penalty never really having any great influence on the game in way that matters and fluffed his lines when it mattered.

That penalty miss counts for a lot in Messi performance yesterday and even outwith that you were the one complaining about him having 'fallen asleep'.

Coutinho scored a screamer and was man of the match. Even if was quieter in second half.

He was the one player on the park who showed a flash of brilliance to get Brazil ahead.

You are trying to hard to push this agenda that everyone is actually wrong and Messi played well with a lot of influence.

He didnt and you try to strangely bring Coutinho into it who actually did influence the game and was named MOTM.

Coutinho who you try to pedal the idea is a complete waste of money, not world class and no better than Denis.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans