7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Robbie

On their day they can beat anyone, but they don't have enough quality squad players to rotate throughout a long marathon of a season. Key injuries and suspensions cost them big points, and all those draws add up by the time May rolls around. If they keep everyone and continue to strengthen during the summer, anything can happen.

Please do elaborate on this :)

Isn't he a midfielder? If that's the case, we do not need him at all, and he'd hardly ever get anywhere near our bench, let alone the starting lineup. Unless Cesc is sold or something, which won't happen.

Can't he play on the wings though? If he can, he could be good for us (though Liverpool are unlikely to let him go, so it's a pointless discussion).

loozy

Isn't he a midfielder? If that's the case, we do not need him at all, and he'd hardly ever get anywhere near our bench, let alone the starting lineup. Unless Cesc is sold or something, which won't happen.

Can't he play on the wings though? If he can, he could be good for us (though Liverpool are unlikely to let him go, so it's a pointless discussion).

He likes to venture out to the wings, especially against QPR he was found there a fair bit amount of time.

I understand the lack of need for a midfielder but that hasn't stopped some users wanting Gündogan so I thought I'd just ask in general not specifically.

He likes to venture out to the wings, especially against QPR he was found there a fair bit amount of time.

I understand the lack of need for a midfielder but that hasn't stopped some users wanting Gündogan so I thought I'd just ask in general not specifically.

Gundogan's only needed if Cesc is sold (which some people want to happen, but a) isn't a great idea (imo, at least) and b) won't happen).

I think part of why people want Gundogan is because our midfield failed against Bayern, so it's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction (not to mention that, like I said, some just want Cesc out). I don't think any players are needed, our problems in midfield against Bayern were purely tactical and we still have the best midfield in the world player-wise, imo at least.

Many also want him to replace Xavi (with Thiago being the Iniesta backup and Cesc being sold). I can see where those people are coming from, but I think Thiago'll be able to replace Xavi.

Last edited:

loozy

Gundogan's only needed if Cesc leaves (which some people want to happen, which a) is an absolutely retarded idea (imo, at least) and b) won't happen).

I think part of why people want Gundogan is because our midfield failed against Bayern, so it's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction (not to mention that, like I said, some want Cesc out). I don't think any players are needed, our problems in midfield against Bayern were purely tactical and we still have the best midfield in the world player-wise, imo at least.

I love knee-jerking :D But other than that we are on the same page :)

B

BrianSwan

Looks to be a top players, really love seeing this sorts of players coming to the league. We're getting a bunch of them now when we never really had any.

abual3bed1

I wish he stays in Liverpool for as long as possible and start attracting players of his caliber to the club so they return to kick some ass.

Kerrybai

I wish he stays in Liverpool for as long as possible and start attracting players of his caliber to the club so they return to kick some ass.

If Liverpool are serious about champions league football then this is exactly the sort of player they need to hold on to. Not only does he add to the team but he's the sort of player that will attracted top talent. Coutinho and Sturridge have been great together but Coutinho and Suarez in full flow could absolutely deadlu.

Home of Barca Fans