7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

blaugrana1987

Well, no one knows to be honest. That's just us almost wishing for it at this point because we're raging to not get the players we want.

Look at De Gea. He hated Manchester (the city), his GF hated it too. RM was his dream move, but it didn't happen.

He wasn't even playing with manchester anymore if you remember it. Then it failed. Then he renewed with them, and now he says he can't be more happier.

Manchester United is a better place that LFC at the moment, but it isn't the worst club ever too.

Coutinho can still get a better club next year, like suarez did last time.
De Gea hasnt handled in his transfer request. He flirted with RM but he never appeared pissed of at his coach and board like Coutinho is. He is also Atletico baby so, even though transfer to RM was big deal to him, in Coutinho place it seems this is his dream one and the one that wont come back.

Not to mention that UTD is definitely bigger and more prestigeos club then Liverpool.

Tiny Kim

Yea this is just calling their bluff and putting pressure on Coutinho at same time. If they dont want to sell for 95+35, then they just need to say so until deadline and barca will be moving on for definite and they can keep player who, by then, likely hates their guts.

What the hell are you talking about? Liverpool have already told Barca they would not be entertaining any bids for Coutinho. They immediately rejected the 3 bids, not because of price, but because they have zero intention to sell under any circumstances. Liverpool are NOT NEGOTIATING anything. They have no intention to do so. Barca should've moved on after Liverpool immediately rejected their second bid. Its a waste of time.

Julien

De Gea hasnt handled in his transfer request. He flirted with RM but he never appeared pissed of at his coach and board like Coutinho is. He is also Atletico baby so, even though transfer to RM was big deal to him, in Coutinho place it seems this is his dream one and the one that wont come back.

Not to mention that UTD is definitely bigger and more prestigeos club then Liverpool.
IIRC he did. He wasn't even benched anymore since he pushed for it. He was in the stands like punished waiting for it to be resolved.

When it failed, he had to renew if he wanted to play again with them.

blaugrana1987

What the hell are you talking about? Liverpool have already told Barca they would not be entertaining any bids for Coutinho. They immediately rejected the 3 bids, not because of price, but because they have zero intention to sell under any circumstances. Liverpool are NOT NEGOTIATING anything. They have no intention to do so. Barca should've moved on after Liverpool immediately rejected their second bid. Its a waste of time.
They can say whatever they want as they know Barca will come with new offter. In the end, it was said Liverpool would sell for 130m so they obviously would sell at certain price.

Once 4th comes on table and Barca says "this is final one" and they reject it there wont be coming back and Coutinho knows it. Liverpool will know it to and hopefully they realize that this situation is nothing like Suarez and Coutinho wont be playing anywhere close to what he has lest year. Again, not that I care as I want all transfers to fall through so this board can fuck off.

Page_Moss_Kopite

Well said TK.:)

Tiny Kim

So what has all that got to do with FSG not wanting to sell a player? If Coutinho kicks up a fuss this season and refuse to play, that's his problem. He'll simply get dropped and rot on the bench. That's his call.

mark1nhu

I don't really see what's funny about it.
It's just our club saying there will be no 4th improved bid if liverpool was expecting that, And this is our last offer, Once it's past the deadline we'll move on to other targets (Seri in our case), And then liverpool will be stuck with a player that clearly doesn't want to be there anymore, And it's up to them to deal with the mess and the potential consequences of keeping him despite his will.

So again, I can't see the supposedly funny bit.

The funny part is Liverpool already saying plenty of times they don't want to sell and they aren't interested in a better offer, actually asking us to make no further contacts, so their most appropriate answer to our ultimatum would be "finally, thank God".

It's like you saying Natalie Portman has a deadline to decide if she wants to hook up with you when she already refuse it 100 times before. Isn't clear that she doesn't want? Isn't clear that you are a joke for giving a clueless ultimatum?

That's the "funny" part. We are doing business like an elementary school kid, embarrassing ourselves to the whole football world.

Last edited:

Julien

He definitely didnt put transfer request in.

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2015/8/15/9159537/de-gea-real-madrid-transfer-request

Seems you're right. It still seems to imply he didn't because he was kind of sure the transfer will be done by the end of 2015 mercato.

To me it isn't that different though, because De Gea really disliked Manchester at the time, and RM is his dream move even now.

Well, let's agree to disagree. I think Coutinho will be fine even if he doesn't come here. At least I don't wish bad things to him or LFC. They didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. Especially since they can't get a proper replacement this late.

The only ones who are in the wrong are our board that waited to be in the late part of the mercato to move their ass.

Even the LFC supporter we have here said it would probably habe been different if we had made an offer right when the mercato opened.

It is too easy to blame others. At least I won't do it.

Last edited:

mark1nhu

They can say whatever they want as they know Barca will come with new offter. In the end, it was said Liverpool would sell for 130m so they obviously would sell at certain price.

Once 4th comes on table and Barca says "this is final one" and they reject it there wont be coming back and Coutinho knows it. Liverpool will know it to and hopefully they realize that this situation is nothing like Suarez and Coutinho wont be playing anywhere close to what he has lest year. Again, not that I care as I want all transfers to fall through so this board can fuck off.

Liverpool actually asked us to make no further contacts. They are not simply rejecting offers in the hope of getting better ones, they are literally telling us, letter by letter, for a fucking huge time, that they don't want to sell no matter the money.

They don't want new offers, they don't care about our money and we astonishingly think we are in the position to scare them with ultimatums. LMAO.

blaugrana1987

So what has all that got to do with FSG not wanting to sell a player? If Coutinho kicks up a fuss this season and refuse to play, that's his problem. He'll simply get dropped and rot on the bench. That's his call.
Its called pragmatism. Same reason why I wanted to see Neymar go after his little play during pre season.

You let him rot on bench? Thats great, but you now have 100m euros worth of player rotting on bench and that guy put transfer req in and informed you month ago that he wants to leave for his dream club. What will that mean for other players coming in? You are not PSG, you dont have billions laying around and your reputation is not built on buying club and toying around with it.

In any case getting 100+ m for Coutinho maybe wont matter now, but if you have good targets for next year that plus whatever money you have can buy you absolute class on every position you are missing in. You aint battling for titles this year with Coutinho hating your guts.

In any case, the more our board is embarassed the better.

Page_Moss_Kopite

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2015/8/15/9159537/de-gea-real-madrid-transfer-request

Seems you're right. It still seems to imply he didn't because he was kind of sure the transfer will be done by the end of 2015 mercato.

To me it isn't that different though, because De Gea really disliked Manchester at the time, and RM is his dream move even now.

Well, let's agree to disagree. I think Coutinho will be fine even if he doesn't come here. At least I don't wish bad things to him or LFC. They didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. Especially since they can't get a proper replacement this late.

The only ones who are in the wrong are our board that waited to be in the late part of the mercato to move their ass.

Even the LFC supporter we have here said it would probably has been different if we had made an offer right when the mercato opened.

It is too easy to blame others. At least I won't do it.

If he gives LFC another season(like Suarez did)he could leave with best wishes, because as you said we could replace him with time to spare.

Tiny Kim

"would sell for £130m"
Just like Coutinho signing was just a "matter of hours", right?

As for Coutinho not playing again for Liverpool, well, he's not playing for Liverpool at the moment either. So I don't see where the problem is. Liverpool will just get another player to play in his place. Definitely won't be as good, but it'll be a lot better than someone who's not interested and acting like a little bitch.

Nobody gets everything they want in life. Some get more than others, but not every little thing. Liverpool were told Naby Keita was not for sale, had their two bids rejected, and they backed off respectfully. Barca has trouble handling rejection it seems. Their time would be much better spent going after other reasonably priced targets, like actual CMs and LWFs that don't cost a fortune and whose clubs are actually willing to negotiate.

Julien

If he gives LFC another season(like Suarez did)he could leave with best wishes, because as you said we could replace him with time to spare.
Yeah, and we all know the ultimatums like "it's now or never" are just words.

If Coutinho is free to leave next year, sure Barca will be amongs the clubs interested.

Home of Barca Fans