7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

JamDav1982

Are you really that dense? He'd play alongside Verratti, he's better than Matuidi/Rabiot whoever else they have so yah an improvement.

You're clearly just trying to lash out at me here, dunno why you crawled back out of your cave after scurrying away when confronted about your position. Don't bother replying here, thinly veiled attempt to hit back after being exposed for your inability/fear of presenting a falsifiable hypothesis/opinion on the board.

Think you are the dense one who claimed Coutinho is a LW and not a midfielder so not what Barca need. On top of not rating him highly or even one of top players in EPL.

Of course that is when it looked like Barca wanted him.

Now PSG could potentially take him it is a scary thought to have him in midfield with Verratti....

Your all over the place.

Andrew M

Lol, maybe. I did present an "if" situation, in the case that they do well this year and we don't. If that's the scenario, it's hard to see anything other than that happening. Liverpool will likely let him go next year. RM don't need him, Bayern won't pay, he won't go to any other PL team. QSG have already been linked and it's more than likely they will go after him again with Neymar calling his shots. If they look like a better team than us after 17/18 and he has all his Brazilian buddies there, do you see him choosing us over QSG?

Provided they don't offer obscene wages I feel confident he would choose us over PSG. Obviously the Neymar deal has scarred us all emotionally but if we go big on a player we will always be attractive.

khaled_a_d

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gerrard: "Barcelona are the problem here. They will be telling Coutinho and his representatives that it's now or never. "</p>— Anfield HQ (@AnfieldHQ) <a href="https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/896451555314077698">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Gerard. LOL

I am not sure what is he implying. like are we forcing the move. Or that our stance make it difficult for them.

JamDav1982

Lol. You think if Coutinho could be signed at this instant I'd say no? Ok.

You claimed he was not world class 'or even close' not one of top prem players and a LW not a midfielder.

Now you are shitting yourself about PSG pairing a player that is not even close to world class and out of position with Verratti...

Load of confused bollocks ans change tune depending on what makes Barca look worse. Standard.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Mhmm, is that right? talk about putting words in someone's mouth lol. Saying Coutinho isn't the ideal midfield profile means I wouldn't sign him at all and that I think he wouldn't improve our midfield.

Too deathly afraid to present your own opinions, but you'll conjure up some on my behalf and then attack them.

Zincubus

Banned
Any amount of money will be worthless to Liverpool, because there isn't a replacement for sale. Sure, there's always deadline day, but those type of transfers always involve crap players or ones in the last year of their contract. I don't think Liverpool will sell, because it doesn't make any sense to from their perspective.

They have funds already plus whatever we end up paying them ... enough money thrown at West Ham will see them releasing Lanzini to replace Coutinho ( as they have been planning anyways ) them as today's inept defensive highlighted they can get Van Dyke - and not before time ... Actually as every comedy- caper goal went into their net today it made the Coutinho transfer more and more likely ..

Zincubus

Banned
Suarez put in a transfer request after Arsenal activated his release clause in 2013. Liverpool still refused him, especially because all of this happened with 3 weeks left of that summer's transfer window.

Completely different personalities ..... Suarez is a one - off , Coutinho is more emotional ..

Zincubus

Banned
Coutinho is a very good player but he is not a 100 million player. Sorry, he just isn't.

I would rather see Alena, Samper, Delofeu, Roberto get minutes.

That's all very admirable but we really have to win some games and ideally win more points than the juggernaut that is Real Madrid !

Home of Barca Fans