7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

George_Costanza

Off the top of my head, De Gea comes to mind.

fax-machine-300x300.jpg

Devils

The way it is presented that Coutinho has expressed his desire to leave but if Liverpool say no he won't fight them and will be happy to stay.

I can't see Liverpool moving on this issue. Kloppo wouldn't stand for it.

Paul

De Gea to Real?
Man Utd wanted to sell him, but then some technical problems occured.

If you are talking about that transfer?

So, you see, my point is: unless if a player is playing for Psg, when you hand a transfer request and if a buyer is offering a nice amount of money, transfers happen (imo) roughly in 90% cases.

I pretty much saw transfer requests are something typical of Premier League unwritten law and they're obsolete for a long time now. It's just an official letter of the player that he intends to leave, but doesn't have any official value.

Also, looking at Alexis case, Arsenal seem pretty happy to keep him despite possibly losing him for free next year, chances they won't win the PL and not even finish top 3, eventually fighting for a cheap EL the fans will see like a League Cup win and MAYBE, win the FA Cup again, but that's all.

Julien

De Gea to Real?
Man Utd wanted to sell him, but then some technical problems occured.

If you are talking about that transfer?

So, you see, my point is: unless if a player is playing for FC Prison (Psg), when you hand a transfer request and if a buyer is offering a nice amount of money, transfers happen (imo) roughly in 90% cases.
Manchester did that on purpose to send the paper too late. They didn't want to sell him. Ok that's RedCafe sourcing, but even where I live it was reported as such.

They even said so on RM TV when debating why it failed.

As for coutinho, look, I want it to happen, but I think the big EPL clubs are stronger than ever to retain their players right now. Also, where I live (Germany) we know Klopp, and we know he's totally capable of resign if the club stabs him in the back.

- Klopp not wanting to let him go.
- Coutinho being a nice guy that won't force a transfer.
- Liverpool not needing money.
- Lallana being out for months.

It's a lot.

George_Costanza

The way it is presented that Coutinho has expressed his desire to leave but if Liverpool say no he won't fight them and will be happy to stay.

I can't see Liverpool moving on this issue. Kloppo wouldn't stand for it.

The owners want to sell, Klopp doesn't want. Who will win?

Julien

Klopp has a contract, just like others. If he wants to leave then he will have to pay a nice fee to Liverpool.
I might be wrong, but it doesn't work like that. At least in EPL.

When a coach resign, he just doesnt get any money compensation. When he's fired, he does. That's why usually coaches don't resign, they wait to be fired or till the end of their contract.

Julien

Yeah that is the likely scenario.

Some Liverpool fans think Klopp is threatening to walk-out if Coutinho is sold.
Not that I am defending a fellow german just because he's a german, but he isn't a clown. I don't see why he should accept to be asked to shut up when LFC mercato is already a failure.

Try being in his shoes. If he resigns because Coutinho is sold, no one should blame him.

Devils

Honestly, I'd rather us not destroy Liverpool like that and just settle for someone we know who is actually on the market like Lemar and Seri.

Devils

Not that I am defending a fellow german just because he's a german, but he isn't a clown. I don't see why he should accept to be asked to shut up when LFC mercato is already a failure.

Try being in his shoes. If he resigns because Coutinho is sold, no one should blame him.

Klopp's been a whiny little baby for the entire transfer window and now he's basically channeling his inner Brendan Rodgers at this point with the BS he feeds to Liverpool fans.

But you're right, if he's going to throw a tantrum and cause a disaster at Liverpool, it's better we take the hit and leave them be.

Destroying Liverpool's season a few weeks before it starts would be a tasteless move on our part. PSG-esque.

George_Costanza

He will walk just because he is losing one player? I will lose respect for him if he does. Liverpool already bought Mohamed Saleh, Solanke, Robertson. They have sold players for only 11m total.

Julien

Klopp's been a whiny little baby for the entire transfer window and now he's basically channeling his inner Brendan Rodgers at this point with the BS he feeds to Liverpool fans.

But you're right, if he's going to throw a tantrum and cause a disaster at Liverpool, it's better we take the hit and leave them be.

Destroying Liverpool's season a few weeks before it starts would be a tasteless move on our part. PSG-esque.
I don't see how he's feeding them with bullshits... He does good if not great with what he has at hands. Night, and day since he landed in LFC. Just ask LFC fans.

He will walk just because he is losing one player? I will lose respect for him if he does. Liverpool already bought Mohamed Saleh, Solanke, Robertson. They have sold players for only 11m total.
I don't know, but while I know people will compare this situation to his Dortmund days, Coutinho just signed a new contract, he isn't on his way out like the many players Dortmund sold when he was there.

What I'm saying is that he's angry at this coutinho's situation, and I fairly understand him. Klopp isn't a bad guy, really. He only wants LFC to improve. And you won't improve by selling one of your best player with a long renewed contract.

Home of Barca Fans