6 - Carles Alena

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's earned his chance and will get it, most likely as Coutinho's backup or second backup if that even makes sense.

khaled_a_d

He's earned his chance and will get it, most likely as Coutinho's backup or second backup if that even makes sense.

If we continue with 4231 he will be Messi back up and Dembele back up (with Dembele being Coutinho back up)
If we return 443 he will probably be Coutinho back up

DonAK

If we continue with 4231 he will be Messi back up and Dembele back up (with Dembele being Coutinho back up)
If we return 443 he will probably be Coutinho back up

I'm not sure we have the players for a 4-2-3-1.

You need a WC b2b midfielder with Busquets. Rakitic there would be suicide. Speedy wingers. So either Coutinho and Dembele on the wings with Messi CAM and Griezmann ST. Or Messi ST and Griezmann CAM.

Suarez have absolutely no business there. If Suarez is squeezed in it will NOT work as it would push Griezmann to the wing and take away some much needed speed and ability 1v1 which is the point of that formation if we're going to play fast-transition counter-attack.

Last edited:

Raketa10

You need a WC b2b midfielder with Busquets. Rakitic there would be suicide. Speedy wingers. So either Coutinho and Dembele on the wings with Messi CAM and Griezmann ST. Or Messi ST and Griezmann CAM.

Suarez have absolutely no business there. If Suarez is squeezed in it will NOT work as it would push Griezmann to the wing and take away some much needed speed and ability 1v1 which is the point of that formation.

Busi loses majority of his qualities in any system other than 4-3-3, problem is that 4-3-3 would be preferable considering our midfield roster but 4-2-3-1
would be preferable considering our attack roster.

El Gato

Villarato!

Suarez have absolutely no business there. If Suarez is squeezed in it will NOT work as it would push Griezmann to the wing and take away some much needed speed and ability 1v1 which is the point of that formation if we're going to play fast-transition counter-attack.

Sell Suarez, buy Thiago back from Bayern. Problem solved.

Having one specific system isn’t the future anyway. You lost the mojo when Pep and Puyol left.

Last edited:

DonAK

Sell Suarez, buy Thiago back from Bayern. Problem solved.

We're going to keep Suarez until he becomes such a big liability for us he'll decide to leave himself.

Barcelona are reactive, not proactive. This is why we're in such a mess. You can never get Prime Xavi-Iniesta, but the squad management have been shambolic apart from one treble. Unfortunately the local fans are narrow-minded too and don't see the big picture until it's too late.

I've been speaking about this since 2013.

El Gato

Villarato!
We're going to keep Suarez until he becomes such a big liability for us he'll decide to leave himself.

Barcelona are reactive, not proactive. This is why we're in such a mess. You can never get Prime Xavi-Iniesta, but the squad management have been shambolic apart from one treble. Unfortunately the local fans are narrow-minded too and don't see the big picture until it's too late.

I've been speaking about this since 2013.

Agreed. But there are so many things that are wrong.

No mentors being the biggest thing really. Who would the youngsters learn from? Who would guide them? Busquets? Never seemed the type. Messi neither really. Pique is a man-child. Alves left, Mascherano just left too. Iniesta is leaving.. It needs to be an iconic manager who inspires new leaders. Valverde is good at what he does, but doesn’t seem like you’d throw yourself into the fire for him.

The only reason to join Barcelona is for Messi and for the badge. But there is nobody to pave the way for the new guys at any level, even cantera.

Look at what Madrid are doing with this. Ceballos who doesn’t get a game and gets subbed in 90th minute comes out and says he’s happy and learns as much as possible from that group of players. Shadowing Modric, Kroos, Isco, Ronaldo.. the openness in tactical and mental development with which they treat the backups is something Barca doesn’t seem to get just right.
Gomes gets shat on by the supporters but doesn’t have the overwhelming support of the locker room. And look at the Benzema case to see the complete opposite.

Last edited:

gasgas

In B4 this becomes our next season lineup

.......................mats
Roberto..pique..umtiti..alba
..................busquets.............
Dembele............................coutinho
.....griezman.....messi..suarez

khaled_a_d

I am not saying I want to see 4231 but I think the odds are bigger for it than you think
with 4231
1-Messi played in his comfortable place, he is AM surrounded by a striker in front of him, 2 players on the sides. He remains the focal point of the team
2-Rakitic and Busquets are playing better in it, they both are protecting each other and Messi.
3-Coutinho play in his favorite place in LCM, rather than learning to be Barca AM which need more adaptation. though he has the tools for it. Dembele still play on his favorite right side
4-Suarez remains as striker,though Griezmann might not like it playing as the most advanced player as he is always played better with a striker in front of him
5-The 2 CB are being more protected than in 433

In other words 4231 fit the current player we have, 433 fits what we want to achieve. won't rule either

DonAK

I am not saying I want to see 4231 but I think the odds are bigger for it than you think
with 4231
1-Messi played in his comfortable place, he is AM surrounded by a striker in front of him, 2 players on the sides. He remains the focal point of the team
2-Rakitic and Busquets are playing better in it, they both are protecting each other and Messi.
3-Coutinho play in his favorite place in LCM, rather than learning to be Barca AM which need more adaptation. though he has the tools for it. Dembele still play on his favorite right side
4-Suarez remains as striker,though Griezmann might not like it playing as the most advanced player as he is always played better with a striker in front of him
5-The 2 CB are being more protected than in 433

In other words 4231 fit the current player we have, 433 fits what we want to achieve. won't rule either

I'm not sure we can achieve our goals which is a CL title or at least a dignified CL run without proper reinforcements regardless of any formation. Unfortunately I don't see anything happening this summer. Nothing will be done until it all comes down collapsing like a house of cards.

God Serena

Don't underestimate the club need for a shiny young La Masia wonderkid

When did this suddenly become a need for the club? We've had plenty of opportunities to try and force this to happen with Canteranos and aside from Deulofeu (Who only made sense to bring back at the time anyways) no attempt has been made to integrate even a single one into the team since... Munir?

khaled_a_d

When did this suddenly become a need for the club? We've had plenty of opportunities to try and force this to happen with Canteranos and aside from Deulofeu (Who only made sense to bring back at the time anyways) no attempt has been made to integrate even a single one into the team since... Munir?

From Roberto, to Munir & Sandro, along Deulofeu and even Denis (although he isn't La Masia).The club has still need La Masia for PR reasons

God Serena

From Roberto, to Munir & Sandro, along Deulofeu and even Denis (although he isn't La Masia).The club has still need La Masia for PR reasons

Munir, Sandro, and Deulofeu aren't even at the club anymore. If there was such a need for La Masia why did we get rid of Munir and replace him with a 30m signing in Paco who provided the same services as a bench rider? Roberto wasn't even the type of kid pushed by the board really, he wouldn't still be here if he hadn't emerged as our best RB in Alves's absence.

And as you said Denis isn't even La Masia or even close to being it so I don't see why he should even be brought up. Even if he was though, his status as pretty much perma-bench wouldn't help a La Masia narrative anyways.

Home of Barca Fans