6 - Carles Alena

JamDav1982

Think most people would be delighted if he got even close to level of Cazorla, Thiago or Silva.

That is a great level that chances are he wont get to.

The jump from B team to first team is huge so hard to tell where he is really but he has earned the chance to show it.

clemente

[tw]980449836989284352[/tw]

Played well today. I hope the fans can give him some time because I think he will succeed. Just hope some Barca fans don't expect him to be Xavi or Iniesta because he won't reach that level. I just hope he can reach Cazorla, Thiago or David Silva's level because thats good enough too.

Thiago? Thats a top 3 midfielder in the world

Joan

Seems very good, judging by those highlights. What surprises me about him is that he seems to be good enough at keeping the ball in the 2nd league while he's so easily pushed off it when plays for the 1st team (not just vs. 1st league opponents).

So I thought it might not be due to the physicality but some mental issues. Segunda is, after all, senior competition. Can't wait to see him promoted.

messi1995

Rumors about Aleña being loaned out next season? Naah fuck that, we need him, Rakitic, Arthur, Iniesta, Roberto, Coutinho and hopefully Eriksen. Coutinho is more like a winger anyway and Roberto can sometimes cover for Semedo so more space for Aleña. Hopefully a backup DM too to rest Busquets whether it will be Samper or a new signing. We should let our youngsters play in Barca so they can learn and improve.

Loans almost never works for us so why not let him play? Better to play 15 games for Barca than 30 games for small teams like Granada, Levante or Las Palmas. Playing with the ball all the time is better than almost never, especially in a system that doesn't fit our youngsters. Keeping possession and make decisions all the time is what fit our youngsters. Also they can learn from our best players. And by the way why should we loan Aleña when he can do a way better job than Denis, paulinho and Gomes? And what he has shown for the B team has been good. Could have been way better if he had a better coach so I'm Aleña in!!!

I'm not gonna say that Samper will bench Busquets in the future, but what Samper showed us in the pre season was incredible. Big difference between him in Las palmas/Granada and Barca. In Barca he is playing in a system that fits him and where he has the ball most of the time and make decisions. For me thats what fit our youngsters to improve and become better, not loaning them out. Andre Gomes is maybe ability wise better than Samper because of what he has done in Valencia, but Samper fits Barca more than him. Never seen a game where Gomes is playing calmy and good as what Samper did in the pre season. Deserve a new chance for me. Same can I say about players like Thiago, Roberto, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Pep. They would never have succeed if they played in a defensive system in teams like Granada. La masia players are born to play in the Barca system where they can keep the ball all the time and make decisions.

Last edited:

God Serena

Rumors about Aleña being loaned out next season? Naah fuck that, we need him, Rakitic, Arthur, Iniesta, Roberto, Coutinho and hopefully Eriksen. Coutinho is more like a winger anyway and Roberto can sometimes cover for Semedo so more space for Aleña. Hopefully a backup DM too to rest Busquets whether it will be Samper or a new signing. We should let our youngsters play in Barca so they can learn and improve.

Loans almost never works for us so why not let him play? Better to play 15 games for Barca than 30 games for small teams like Granada, Levante or Las Palmas. Playing with the ball all the time is better than almost never, especially in a system that doesn't fit our youngsters. Keeping possession and make decisions all the time is what fit our youngsters. Also they can learn from our best players. And by the way why should we loan Aleña when he can do a way better job than Denis, paulinho and Gomes? And what he has shown for the B team has been good. Could have been way better if he had a better coach so I'm Aleña in!!!

I'm not gonna say that Samper will bench Busquets in the future, but what Samper showed us in the pre season was incredible. Big difference between him in Las palmas/Granada and Barca. In Barca he is playing in a system that fits him and where he has the ball most of the time and make decisions. For me thats what fit our youngsters to improve and become better, not loaning them out. Andre Gomes is maybe ability wise better than Samper because of what he has done in Valencia, but Samper fits Barca more than him. Never seen a game where Gomes is playing calmy and good as what Samper did in the pre season. Deserve a new chance for me. Same can I say about players like Thiago, Roberto, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Pep. They would never have succeed if they played in a defensive system in teams like Granada. La masia players are born to play in the Barca system where they can keep the ball all the time and make decisions.

It's really a coin flip on whether or not Alena gets loaned out or not. While he could definitely help us, this is Valverde we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned to a Sevilla or Valencia while we stick with Paulinho and Gomes.

As far as Samper is concerned, I love the kid, truly I do, but Valverde seems to not care very much for him tbh, while Oriol appears to be favored and is likely to play preseason with the first team. Maybe if we could get rid of Paulinho, Gomes, and Vidal he'd have a solid chance, but as of now he's probably going to get loaned back out.

khaled_a_d

Samper is just not good enough at the moment, and he lost 2 years of development due to injury and being unlucky with Paco firings. He was never really a "Barca-DNA" player in the 1st place, he was more of a Pirlo than Busquets (in terms of style,not level) which doesn't exist in Barca making him neither DM/CM in our system. Barca DNA requires barcelona midfielder to be superb with high awareness defensively and this is one of the most underrated aspects that people never say in our midfielders, Sampers lacks all of that.
I hope he turns it around and prove doubters like me wrong, but I think he should just move on and play somewhere else where he can settle and develop with his mind focused in his career rather than just illusion of making it in Barca.
As GS said above, Oriol is now seem favorite over him doesn't help.

As for Alena, I hope he gets on our bench specially if we played 4231 which I fully expect next season, as I think it will fit him more for his development than 433

messi1995

Loool Samper doesn't have the Barca DNA because he lacks defending skills? Thats a stupid argument man. He has the Barca DNA because of the way he's playing that suit us. Very calmy, good with the ball, good passer with a superb technic and intelligence. Pep was also shit in defence but everybody can improve. In terms of style Samper fit the Barca DNA. You can doubt his ability to play for Barca, but never his DNA which is made for a team like us.

khaled_a_d

No, I can doubt him all I want because he lacks all what form Barca midfielder when you analyze player outside of the 1st glance judgments and look below the surface.
Barca midfielders always had awareness to where they should be defensively, had either strong body (Busquets) or low center of gravity (Xavi & Iniesta) to be able to win the ball back. without it we can't provide ability to get the ball back, which is an integral part of Barca DNA. Samper lacks that, he is one of the worst Barca B midfielders I've seen in defensive positioning, he ball watch a lot. This can be sometime acceptable if he is CM (but lowers his potential) but would be total no go for DM
His passing isn't Barca DNA either by any mean, again he is a regista but a Pirlo type of one, he doesn't control temp or rhythm at all, far from it. Again making him far from Barca CM, possible for Barca DM.
He just lacks the brain for it, always did, when he was in Juvenil he wasn't exposed for it and initially in Barca B people looked for promising things he does (neat passing and etc) but in second season he got exposed big time and he is yet to prove he fits here.
So no, Samper lacks Barca midfielder intelligence, he lacks on defensive end and even on attack as he has another type of intelligence than we need.

tacticvarium

Not that I am insisting that Samper has the talent to succeed here but the funny thing is Pep was really eager to sign Pirlo before we ended up signing Cesc.
Wonder how that would have been if we succeeded in signing Pirlo.

MTL_Barca

He can get his chance in the first team. I feel like Iniesta leaves and we should definitely sell Gomes and Denis. That leaves us with only Coutinho, Paulinho and Rakitic in the current squad + Sergi if Semedo is playing on RB.

Last edited:

clemente

He can get his chance in the first team. I feel like Iniesta leaves and we should definitely sell Gomes and Denis. That leaves us with only Coutinho, Paulinho and Rakitic in the current squad + Sergi if Semedo is playing on RB.

Last summer we already said sell Gomes and Denis, they will be the part of our team next season for sure. Nobody is interested in them and our board are not capable of getting any money when we do sell players. Best case scenario we will loan them our with some buyout option which is just shit for us again but at least that would confirm that Alena stays.

Home of Barca Fans