6 - Carles Alena

Raketa10

I am Affraid that Valverde doesn’t have balls to develop a young player. This is truly disguisting! Monaco played Mbappe when he was 18 regularly and on the other side we can’t give few minutes to Alena. I am honestly worried that Valverde will prove to be worse than Lucho!

Last edited:

Windhook

I am Affraid that Valverde doesn’t have balls to develop a young player. This is truly disguisting! Monaco played Mbappe when he was 18 regularly and on the other side we can’t give few minutes to Alena. I am honestly worried that Valverde will prove to be worse than Lucho!

Don't jump to extreme conclusion that soon, mate. Valverde has been at Barcelona for just 5 months. He introduced handful of youth players to the first squad while managing Athletic Bilbao. Of course I am aware of their club having extreme Basque-only policy, but the way he developed Inaki Williams, for example, is impressive. I have faith he will do the same at Barcelona. Also let's face it, the requirements for youth players to succeed at Barcelona are on another level.

Kohe321

What worries me is how he has let Rakitic play entire games without subbing him off when his play was atrocious, and then kept using him in the next game without any consequences. This makes me wonder if he sets up the team as if he's playing Fifa, where Rakitic on paper has a higher score than Alena, and as such is used regardless of the actual quality displayed on the pitch...

The fact that Alena wasn't called up against Olympiacos only reinforces this concern.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Murcia, Celta, Sporting, all home games. He should start 2 of these 3 games. Celta and Sporting are very close. Sunday and Tuesday, 3rd of december and 5th of december. He should get Murcia and one of the 2.

If we draw or win vs Juventus, then he should get the Sporting game, as it is a dead rubber. Otherwise he should get the Celta game. If he doesn't get any then Valverde should fuck off already.

He is gonna get Murcia game baring an injury, in the other two both Roberto and Gomes might actually be available, if we don't get points from Juve don't expect him to get start other games, we are facing the toughest times in the season, don't expect EV (or any other coach for that matter) to consider a B team player a saviour and start him suddenly

bodi16

To me it seems that Valverde just tries to secure his place at Barca more than projecting a team for the future, but Alena showed glimpses of brilliance in preseason, and even if he wouldn't shine in the upcoming matches, i think he can't do worse than the likes of Andre Gomes or the current form Rakitic. Seems like the perfect moment to play him in our first 11 and see how well he will cooperate with his teammates.

He just needs 2-3 la liga level of games and he could be fast becoming one of our best team performers.

M

MessiCam

To me it seems that Valverde just tries to secure his place at Barca more than projecting a team for the future, but Alena showed glimpses of brilliance in preseason, and even if he wouldn't shine in the upcoming matches, i think he can't do worse than the likes of Andre Gomes or the current form Rakitic. Seems like the perfect moment to play him in our first 11 and see how well he will cooperate with his teammates.

He just needs 2-3 la liga level of games and he could be fast becoming one of our best team performers.
How dare you? Aleñá and Arnaiz are B Team players... Rakitic and Gomes have been key players for both club and country their entire careers. B Team players even if they shine get only Copa games.

tacticvarium

How dare you? Aleñá and Arnaiz are B Team players... Rakitic and Gomes have been key players for both club and country their entire careers. B Team players even if they shine get only Copa games.

I'm so tired of this typical bullshit by football newbies.
This forum deserves more mature fans.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We have 18 man squad right now (originally 24, with Arda,Rafinha,Dembele,Vidal,Roberto & Gomes out) so he will be on call. if someone else isn't in squad he will get the call

Not called up afterall. Iniesta fit to play every game again :valverde:

Home of Barca Fans