6 - Carles Alena

tacticvarium

Nobody would know nor care about Alena and most of our other talents for that matter if they weren't coming through La Masia.

[tw]1115490144323297280[/tw]
[tw]1115670056866844673[/tw]

It seems like you are the only one who doesn't know nor care about La Masia players;)

Porque

"Boohoo they took away my Number 21 without asking me. I really want to be number 21, boohoo".

Instead of being a bitch this guy should be trying to get that number 6.

tacticvarium

"Boohoo they took away my Number 21 without asking me. I really want to be number 21, boohoo".

:lol:It was nothing about being a bitch.
He was 200% right to point out the administrative problem that the club did not go through the correct procedure.

aqua2nd

You don't understand it kid
He had no problem giving the number to De Jong
He just don't like the fact the board agreed with De Jong about giving him the 21 number and didn't tell even him - that number's owner
It's not about the number but about showing respect

But some fans will think he was wrong by not voluntarily gave his number to their favorite player
Boohoo immature fans

Tackle

The club has complete authority to reassign shirt numbers as they please. They also did tell Alena about the change before making it public as Frenkie was not assigned an official number at his presentation. Be professional, give your number to the big name signing, put your head down and get on with it.

Who does he think he is to air these internal matters out to the press? He is a nobody at this club and if he does have an issue he should deal with it in private like a proper professional.

He should be happy he has somehow weaseled himself into the first team here and isn't picking cucumbers at Leganes where a bloke with his mediocre talent belongs.

Raketa10

Oh FFS stop bitching about shirt number and show something on the field already. As things stand right now he will end up like Denis Suarez 2.0, than he can have number 21 at Celta or Betis. So far I haven't seen anything special from this kid and I really hoped his story would be different than those of Denis or Rafinha.

Another La Masia prospect same story. He and Puig should go on a one year loan and play some serious football. Everything is better than bench or Baca B. There are plenty of teams in Europe that would like to have one or both of them but I suppose playing for Barca B or sitting on the bench when you are 20 or 21y old is much more exciting than playing in Portugal or Netherlands or France. :facepalm:

There is also another stupidity and that's the fact that we are only looking to loan players to La Liga teams. Whats wrong with sending them elsewhere?! At least they would learn how to adapt to something different, they would get out of their comfort zone and they would learn another language FFS.

People laughed when Olmo went to Dinamo but he is now on a much higher level than Alena. While Olmo was one of the best Spain players in the recent U21 Alena didn't even make the final cut. What an achievement from La Masia greatest talent in recent years.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Players has complained a lot about jersey numbers before, especially when they officially have it (and not just a pre-season number)
Many players take it personally, Gallas once mentioned that Ballack taking his number without his permission was huge deal for him. It matters and Alena has every right to be upset about it. This has nothing to do with "showing something on the field" at all. If he is squad member he is entitled to be at least asked about it.
He didn't make a big deal of it either, so not sure why people here are upset.

People laughed when Olmo went to Dinamo but he is now on a much higher level than Alena. While Olmo was one of the best Spain players in the recent U21 Alena didn't even make the final cut. What an achievement from La Masia greatest talent in recent years.

Yeah, Spain youth teams are great measures for players success. This is the same team that Busquets never played for until he was with 1st team, Puig doesn't get called either. Deulofeu/Bojan & Abel Ruiz all looked like a future b'door winner at those teams

Gari

Aleñà's statement did not please the board. Éric Abidal spoke with the player to clarify the issue. The club deny any promise given to De Jong and they say it was a misunderstanding.

Raketa10

Yeah, Spain youth teams are great measures for players success. This is the same team that Busquets never played for until he was with 1st team, Puig doesn't get called either. Deulofeu/Bojan & Abel Ruiz all looked like a future b'door winner at those teams

So what is a measure of players development for you than? Do you even consider the possibility they are not called up because they are not good enough??? Majority of our best midfielders (except Busquets) that grew up in La Masia were important part of U21 team at some period of their career. Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago and even Sergi Roberto have all played their part for U17, U19 and U21 team while Puig has never played for any of those. You may not agree but this is a concerning fact for sure.

FYI Abel Ruiz never played for U21 while Deulofeu and Krkic had problems with their IQ more than their talent. Alena's development has been on hold for some time now and if he continues like that during 2019/20 season it will be game over for him.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Taking away a players number without even asking is a dick move no matter how important the player might be. That can easily be seen as a lack of respect so he has a right to be a bit upset.

Home of Barca Fans