6 - Carles Alena

FC433

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="ca" dir="ltr"> Carles Aleñá vs CD Leganés:<br><br>65 touches<br>47/50 passes<br>5/5 dribbles<br>3/4 long balls<br>2 fouls won<br>2 key passes<br>1/1 tackle<br>1 interception<br><br>Ooft. <a href="https://t.co/nZRKsxAxN6">pic.twitter.com/nZRKsxAxN6</a></p>— Scouted Football (@ScoutedFtbl) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScoutedFtbl/status/1087103726089879553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Potroh

Great game but ofc he and Arthur need to get subbed off the moment Barcelona looked a bit in "danger"

I don't really think he had a good game, sorry.
And although he is a talent for sure, but I don't think he will ever be able to play on the required first team level.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
A very energetic perfomance once again. Alena has proven so far that he is a quick thinker and has a great engine in him, which coupled with his dribbling ability make him a great asset on counter and during fast transitions. We don't have another midfielder with his characteristics, EV should trust him more.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I don't really think he had a good game, sorry.
And although he is a talent for sure, but I don't think he will ever be able to play on the required first team level.

I was really impressed by his movement with and without the ball. He also had some slick turns and dribbles here and there. Overall alot better than the static garbage of Busi and Raktic we got used to.

YodaMaster

Great game. You simply can't ask for better than that from a promising youngster that is being completely ignored by his coach.
I started to doubt his talent, but today he showed that he is good enough for Barça. He was the best Barça midfielder against Leganes.

Anyway, we have only 2 real CMs at Barça: Arthur and Alena. Plus Vidal who is a box to box. Rakitic isn't a CM anymore. Today when he got in, Barça played 4231 with Messi as CAM.

Regarding Alena, did you see his control and first touch ? Did you see how he controls the ball and immediately turns front ? Did you see how easily he played forward passes even when high pressed ? That's exactly what a guy like Rakitic isn't capable of doing.

Rakitic and Busquets can fight for that DM spot. Arthur, Vidal and Alena have to fight for the 2 CM spots.
(And I'd even add Coutinho in that CM battle but let's not talk about utopia).

No way in hell should we play with 2 DMs at Camp Nou again. It's a disgrace to the Barcelona reputation.

Porque

These are the type of games to play Alenya. If Malcom never gets out of his rut then Alenya can get minutes at AMR too. His game has the characteristics for it.

YodaMaster

These are the type of games to play Alenya. If Malcom never gets out of his rut then Alenya can get minutes at AMR too. His game has the characteristics for it.

We need some pace in that team. After Dembélé, Malcom is the only player that has some pace to offer up front.
Malcom needs to get out of his rust and he will eventually if you just let the kid play more regularly.

xXKonan

Arthur-Alena is such a good balanced pair and not surprised both looked good together today.

I Want to see more of it.

Porque

We need some pace in that team. After Dembélé, Malcom is the only player that has some pace to offer up front.
Malcom needs to get out of his rust and he will eventually if you just let the kid play more regularly.

Alenya has pace, dribbling, distance shooting and looks for the key pass. I prefer to have patience with Malcom but the option is there to give Alenya more minutes than just CM.

Joan

Certainly a better game than the ones so far. But still leaves a lot to be desired. Hard to put in words, but with him I feel there's always 'something' missing. Played braver today, which I liked.

Home of Barca Fans