3 - Gerard Pique

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
no if xavi and iniesta are out, we can wage war with thiago cesc and busquets.

apologies, I thought you wanted us to sign a CB instead of Cesc.

most coaches in europe would sacrifice their left nut for that midfield. but with pique and puyol out, we are horrendously short at the back, as we saw today when your PLAN B was playing. we have insurance policies in all areas of the pitch except for CB. and when teams do stupid stuff like this, it's inviting trouble. just set your pride aside and admit that we need a new cb, honestly nobody will think any less of you. and if you're going to respond to this post with "well pep doesn't think we need a cb so neither do i" then please, spare me and just don't respond.

PLAN B never included Keita at DM and 5 players (including 3 of the back 4) starting their first game of the season after holidays. Badger and Adriano looked well well short of match sharpness, and Dani didn't look too hot either. if they were all match fit, we'd have seen a different scenario entirely.

and did you note how they only steamrollered us because the midfield wasn't in control? once Thiago & Iniesta settled (and once we got Xavi on) we were much better. still not as sharp as them, because of fitness issues, but they weren't pantsing us and the defence coped much better.

nothin' to do with pride, jack. I'm just right is all.

La LL

Generally Delightful
Pique will be sporting a huge manboner the coming days.

Shakira: "Can I help you with that?"

Pique: "Trust me. You can't."

adil_909

apologies, I thought you wanted us to sign a CB instead of Cesc.

PLAN B never included Keita at DM and 5 players (including 3 of the back 4) starting their first game of the season after holidays. Badger and Adriano looked well well short of match sharpness, and Dani didn't look too hot either. if they were all match fit, we'd have seen a different scenario entirely.

and did you note how they only steamrollered us because the midfield wasn't in control? once Thiago & Iniesta settled (and once we got Xavi on) we were much better. still not as sharp as them, because of fitness issues, but they weren't pantsing us and the defence coped much better.

nothin' to do with pride, jack. I'm just right is all.

no, i wanted us to either sign BOTH cesc and a CB, or neither. because signing one and not the other is leaving us exposed. if we don't need a cb, then cesc's signing could have waited another year as well. but now that we have cesc and our midfield is solid, our offense is solid, our keepers are solid, the only thing we are missing to completely dominate everyone is a quality CB replacement. it's the only hole left in the side, but for me it's a glaring one. preseason or not, the fact is that after puyol (who is always injured these days) and pique (who needs to get his amazing form back) we have 0 quality CBs! zero! most teams at least have one quality CB on the bench. but we are planning to have makeshift cb's or youth players, and i think that's leaving us exposed, and it's asking for trouble. it's like the coach who is up 1-0 in the 80th minute and takes off all his offensive weapons and puts on defenders...you just know he will concede before the 90 min are up.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
er, Fontás is a quality CB. not top quality, sure, but he's a good player.

and considering Bilal was our best CB last season, I'm fine with him being 3rd choice.

I think we would have signed a CB were it not for the abundance of La Masia CB's and the versatility of Bilal and Badger.

adil_909

er, Fontás is a quality CB. not top quality, sure, but he's a good player.

and considering Bilal was our best CB last season, I'm fine with him being 3rd choice.

I think we would have signed a CB were it not for the abundance of La Masia CB's and the versatility of Bilal and Badger.

all right fair enough

i'll put my hand up and admit you were right about the toure sale and i was wrong, i thought we were making a big mistake but turns out it was the right thing to do.

i hope you're right about this again, because if come march i have to come in and say "i told you say", that would mean the club is in a bad bad way.

at the end of the day, what matters is we continue to grow.

F

Flavia

There's always the winter transfer window, if it shows a cb is really needed. Maybe Rosell is saving to buy a top cb next summer.

Ventus

Lol, young center backs rarely show immense quality when their young. Defenders usually rely on experience. Puyol's quality levels at Fontas' age were, quite frankly, rather scant. He needs experience, and most importantly time.

M

Mikau

So has Pique fully recovered from the injury? Will he start tomorrow? And what about Puyol?

Genossa

That's great news, Barca NEEDS him at the back, his height for heading alone makes him worth it. we seemed to lose every header before he came on at the first leg.

Pepe Silvia

Yeah, Pique didn't look himself. I think it was that weird haircut he was sporting. Too innocent looking. He needs a look with edge, like a wildcard.

M

mitkoa7x

Callejon's haircut is like out of a hardware store. Get it cuz he is a tool... nvm

Home of Barca Fans