27 - Lamine Yamal

If he wants it I think he should have it. Imagine we get past PSG and he's still doing what he's doing, 16 years old, bringing FC Barcelona back to the top of European comptition (win or not). I'd dare you to tell me what number I can or can't wear hahaha.
I know it may seem like pressure on a 16 year old like this would be a bad idea but it's already there and he's been thriving in every situation, the league, champions league, international play. Some people are just born with greatness inside of them, might as well let him do his thing

kattanib

The two qualities that made Messi stand out among the rest, and no one will fill that gap until they adopt the same mindset, are adaptability and perfectionism.

Messi has adapted his style and position throughout his career based on how his body changed over the years, what new abilities he has adopted, and what the team needs most from him.

Messi was a perfectionist as well and kept on improving year over year as if there is no ceiling to his potential. He worked on his finishing, he worked on his free kicks and he worked on his passing

Messi983

Too early for no.10, he'll get it in few years. The number carries a lot pressure - Fati and Pedri couldn't handle the expectations with their respective numbers, one way or another.

La Liga squad rules allow assigning numbers from 1 to 25. Lamine is registered as Barca B player with 27 and that will change next season. Probably... His current rookie 1.5m contract is one of the lowest (btw Fermin is at the bottom with 250k) and I don't expect any drama with his inclusion in the main squad this summer.

We might not be able to register Yamal as a first team player next year. Or it could be better for him to stay registered as a B team player. The only downside of this is it limits the number of other BA or Juvenil players we can use.

Andresito

Staff member
la-liga-top-threat-creators-23-24-v0-jgjuinwsg5pc1.jpeg

TheStig

Too early for no.10, he'll get it in few years. The number carries a lot pressure - Fati and Pedri couldn't handle the expectations with their respective numbers, one way or another.

You think they are both made out of glass because of the numbers on their back? The injuries (and probably being very overrated by us from the start) are the reason they failed, not numbers.

jamrock

Number didn't affect fati or pedri, not having a knee anymore kicked a potential goat in Ronaldo's career, of course it would affect fati's at 17.

Fati's injury is non recoverable, while pedri will be okay once he gets a full season or two under his belt.

The hype around both were real and deserved.

If yamal or curbarsi get Injured, people here with their wonderful hindsight will be saying the same thing.

Gnidrologist

^This kind of editing is the worse. Constantly shifting camera angle and timeline within the same short sequence that does not achieve any good effect, but makes impossible to actually comprehend what happens in that action. They should add shaking camera and yellow color filter for good measure to completely nail the retarded modern epic promotional video shit style.

Home of Barca Fans