24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Kohe321

I wonder when he'll play his first game. He has the disadvantage of not participating in the pre-season and getting a chance to show himself, and it might be hard to shake whoever becomes the starters once the season gets underway and things get more settled.

But oh wait, I almost forgot, we have Lucho - I trust he'll give everyone the chance they need to prove themselves. No more default starting elevens! :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hopefully for us, Vermaelen can reach his good form he had during the start of his Arsenal career.

Xavinho

FC Barcelona said it's 10m + performance add-ons of 5m + 3.8m of other incentives(CL bonus) which makes it 18.8m euros which the transfer can come up to which is exactly 15m pounds.

Does anyone have a source for this? I see people claiming we paid 15m pounds for him and linking to BBC articles. It'd be nice to backup the 10m euro claim.

DonAK

Does anyone have a source for this? I see people claiming we paid 15m pounds for him and linking to BBC articles. It'd be nice to backup the 10m euro claim.

Jordi Mestre or Zubi said it at Vermaelen's presentation.

Galning

What DonAK said is true. The 15M pounds is the eventual fee we would pay if all the add-ons and incentives were to be paid out.

Xavinho

What DonAK said is true. The 15M pounds is the eventual fee we would pay if all the add-ons and incentives were to be paid out.

Yeah, I understand that. I was just asking for a link. It's annoying when I see premiership fans on other forums laughing about how we paid 15m pounds for a crocked player without acknowledging that's only a potential fee which will get paid if everything goes perfectly.

DonAK

Yeah, I understand that. I was just asking for a link. It's annoying when I see premiership fans on other forums laughing about how we paid 15m pounds for a crocked player without acknowledging that's only a potential fee which will get paid if everything goes perfectly.

Here you go mate

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...n-it-wasn-t-a-tough-decision-to-come-to-barca

Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta accompanied Vermaelen, as did the Club sporting vicepresident Jordi Mestre, who revealed the cost of the deal was 10 million Euros, with a further five million in performance bonuses and 3.8 million if the team win the Champions League. The Belgian defender’s buyout clause is set at 80 million Euros.

Home of Barca Fans