21 - Frenkie de Jong

DAMNit

Overrated AF! Was expecting more, based on the hype from everyone here.
Sad part is I don't think a new coach can fix this.

Riordon

Yeah, the hype was too much after the Napoli game. I watched almost every Ajax game and while he was great, I still can’t see the point in overrating him so much and call him the best midfielder in the world and so on. I guess the overrating of your players comes from cules don’t watch other teams a lot.

Also, let’s not forget that playing in the heat of Pamplona can be brutal if you are not used to it

bastardo

People are overreacting on both sides. Its your own fault if you fell for the hype of a young player being the "Best midfielder". You should always try keep measured expectations for a young player that recently moved to new country regardless of how good they are.

kattanib

Overrated? Lol, remember this statement and write it down on a paper. In 2 years you will laugh at yourself for saying so

He is adapting and building his confidence to play freely; with time he will become better and better, and under a better manager he will show his full potentials. Currently he is being asked to play as a CDM, LM, LCM, RCM, and RM in a matter of 3 to 4 games. I would be surprised if he isn’t confused already by EV. Players like him need to add a very clear specific value and let them master it, yet he is part of a bigger team that collectively will do almost everything. One player cannot do everything. Also he is not a Rafinha or Roberto type of player that you groom to be a joker of all trades, he has world class abilities to become a legend at what he does and thus eventually our manager needs to find him a fixed role so that he can master it. The likes of Xavi and Busquets.

Last edited:
Cool down guys, I am following this kid since 3 years and I can guarantee you that he doesnt even showed 50% of his potential. Give him time and he will surprise everyone here.

Overrated? Lol, remember this statement and write it down on a paper. In 2 years you will laugh at yourself for saying so

He is adapting and building his confidence to play freely; with time he will become better and better, and under a better manager he will show his full potentials. Currently he is being asked to play as a CDM, LM, LCM, RCM, and RM in a matter of 3 to 4 games. I would be surprised if he isn’t confused already by EV. Players like him need to add a very clear specific value and let them master it, yet he is part of a bigger team that collectively will do almost everything. One player cannot do everything. Also he is not a Rafinha or Roberto type of player that you groom to be a joker of all trades, he has world class abilities to become a legend at what he does and thus eventually our manager needs to find him a fixed role so that he can master it. The likes of Xavi and Busquets.

He had dominated the midfield against Real Madrid and Juventus last season and people call him overrated :lol:

The Observer

He is 21, of course he is nowhere near the best midfielder in the world just because Ajax collectively ran old teams like Juventus and Real Madrid ragget last season in a few Cup games. You thought he is already 10 times the player that Busquets or Rakitic are, will come in and dominate everything? Joke's on you then.

De Ligt just had the worst defensive debut I've ever seen in football with 2 major mistakes, 1 almost own goal and giving up to run on a counter and he was supposed to be the next Maldini by the hype. Would still sit on the bench if not for Chiellini's injury.

El Guaje

Bought the best midfielder from last season and turned him into a pile of shit. All players except Messi have regressed since Fraudverde became our coach. Griezmann will also turn into shit.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
There is no elite club in the world today where players are asked to be as individually decisive as often as the Barca players are. No other club.

At every other big club the system and the manager helps the players and improves them by using them wisely. At Barcelona, we put pressure on the players to deliver on their own what the management is not capable to: top cohesive football week after week.

You're trying to reason with retards, dont bother.

Devils

The question isn't how good of a player he will be for us next season, rather how much poorer of a player EV will make him compared to his final season with Ajax.

Stunning football knowledge.

I am a modern day football philosopher. It’s staggering how I can predict football to an exact degree.

Incredible precision and accuracy.

Last edited:

jamrock

Can we just all agree he is a nice guy, good husband & father. Great fit for a mid table team.

But is the absolute wrong choice for any top team trying to achieve greatness.

Home of Barca Fans