21 - Frenkie de Jong

CatalinR10

imagine just getting the best midfielder in the world award and then Valverde plays you out of position again. Fucking lmao

Total-Football

there is no second solution.. he needs to play instead of buskets with arthur and roberto with him. will never happen though because buskets and suarez are bigger than valverde in the hierarechy. this club is fucked up. no one plays on merit.

Tackle

Valverde is not an ideal coach. It would also be nice if he could play as a DM.

Those factors do not however excuse how bad this "generational, best midfielder in the world" played tonight.

3 matches in and I have not seen anything special from him. Early days still and I am sure he will adapt and only get better, but lets put some of the ridiculous hype to bed.

If Rakitic produced this kind of performance he would be ripped to shreds.

Last edited:

fergus90

He warmed into the game and looked very good the second half. The busquets-arthur - de jong midfield looked fluid and cohesive.

fergus90

Those factors do not however excuse how bad this "generational, best midfielder in the world" played tonight.

3 matches in and I have not seen anything special from him. Early days still and I am sure he will adapt and only get better, but lets put some of the ridiculous hype to bed.

If Rakitic produced this kind of performance he would ripped to shreds.

You thought he was terrible? He had a shaky start, who didn't. But I thought he did pretty well in the second half.

Lepi

If Rakitic produced this kind of performance he would ripped to shreds.

true 👍

Tackle

You thought he was terrible? He had a shaky start, who didn't. But I thought he did pretty well in the second half.

Second half was steady, nothing special and the first half was disastrous. For me that is a poor performance.

Then again I am not as impressed by a few feints and turns as most on here. Looking more for substance and Arthur surprisingly was the one who brought that tonight.

pregra

Even with him not playing in his natural position he has been a disappointment. Cant remember a single great action in three games so far.

mc_lovin

The role on the left doesnt suit him. His linkup with Alba was nonexistent. Will be interesting to see his chemistry with Messi on the right. And I think theres generally more space to run into at RCM which should help him. And it would have the advantage of our defensively best midfielder to cover for Messi.

Edit: Basketball is a shit example.

serghei

People do not understand the profile of players like Arthur and De Jong. That is the best way I can explain the comments.

Giving these guys to Valverde is like if you'd give Matic, Rakitic and Casemiro to Guardiola and then moan why they are not playing well in a midfield 3.

fergus90

Second half was steady, nothing special and the first half was disastrous. For me that is a poor performance.

Then again I am not as impressed by a few feints and turns as most on here. Looking more for substance and Arthur surprisingly was the one who brought that tonight.

That's fair enough. I admittedly find the view about him being in the best CM in the world based off one season way too much. I guess my expectations of him are more grounded.

Arthur was superb and that through ball to Perez deserved a goal.

Home of Barca Fans